More garden options

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

More garden options

Postby steric » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:51 am

Why not an autoplanter and autocollector?

Just make them expensive.

Thoughts?
steric
Plort

Re: More garden options

Postby SpiralRancher » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:52 am

I'm interested. That would make a very effective enhancement to the Garden.

The Autocollector would automatically seize vegetables and fruits once they are plucked out of their growth source, on their own or otherwise.

The Autoplanter would require one sample of the Autocollector's supply to set up the havest.

If we are going to make it more expensive, simply start the Autocollector's storage room at 20 units and offer upgrades for adding 20 more products to be supplied for the ranchers up to 100.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Why don't you just make the Autocollector deposit the ressources directly in a nearby silo?

And an Autoplanter? Why would we need that? You don't need to replant anymore.

Edit: Apparently you still need to replant because your gardens expire after a certain amount of time.
Last edited by Nakhryn on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:09 pm

Nakhryn wrote:And an Autoplanter? Why would we need that? You don't need to replant anymore.

Uh... Gardens still expire over time, don't they?
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Nakhryn wrote: You don't need to replant anymore.

Yes you do.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:42 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:
Nakhryn wrote: You don't need to replant anymore.

Yes you do.

Wait... really? I don't need to replant my gardens anymore. They just keep producing food. Could it be because they're fully upgraded?
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:56 pm

You are a silly person. Crops only have 'x' number of cycles before they expire and need replanting.
xenxander
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:59 pm

xenxander wrote:You are a silly person. Crops only have 'x' number of cycles before they expire and need replanting.

I just noticed that only veggies do that. My Cuberries keep producing without me ever going in my grotto. Keeping my Honey Phosphor Largos fed.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
xenxander wrote:You are a silly person. Crops only have 'x' number of cycles before they expire and need replanting.

I just noticed that only veggies do that. My Cuberries keep producing without me ever going in my grotto. Keeping my Honey Phosphor Largos fed.

Probably a glitch since it isn't in the entity render distance (You can see how far it is if you leave the ranch, and back in while looking at a slime)
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:07 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:

Probably a glitch since it isn't in the entity render distance (You can see how far it is if you leave the ranch, and back in while looking at a slime)

Hm. Might be. I tried to replant it but my cuberries would just bounce off. My carrots did need a reseed though.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:

Hm. Might be. I tried to replant it but my cuberries would just bounce off. My carrots did need a reseed though.

I posted a forum post about the 'replant' option, in the 0.2.1 to 0.2.2 differences.

Crops cannot be 'reseeded' like they could, they just bounce off until they expire and need reseeding. It's a huge problem.

But trust me ALL crops expire.
xenxander
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:11 pm

xenxander wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:

I posted a forum post about the 'replant' option, in the 0.2.1 to 0.2.2 differences.

Crops cannot be 'reseeded' like they could, they just bounce off until they expire and need reseeding. It's a huge problem.

But trust me ALL crops expire.

They should just automatically reseed since you know... crops that fall on the ground can reseed by themselves.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:13 pm

Well 'should' and 'do' are two different things xD

I hope we can have a more automated crop experience, because right now it's a lot of maintenance and a pain in the ass.
xenxander
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:15 pm

xenxander wrote:Well 'should' and 'do' are two different things xD

I hope we can have a more automated crop experience, because right now it's a lot of maintenance and a pain in the ass.

Yeah.. I'd love to be able to focus solely on my Slimes Q_Q
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Nakhryn wrote:

You and me both. This game though would benefit from multiplayer where some stay at home some days while others scout for chickens (hen hens).

I find it hard to feed even 10 - 15 meat eater slimes, as hen hens and stony hens just dont' re-populate fast enough.

I have two coops for chickens (one hen hen and one stony hens) and it seems to just barely keep up with 15 rock-cat pogos (yes I mixed the two to have just one meat eating slime instead of two)
xenxander
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:24 pm

xenxander wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:

You and me both. This game though would benefit from multiplayer where some stay at home some days while others scout for chickens (hen hens).

I find it hard to feed even 10 - 15 meat eater slimes, as hen hens and stony hens just dont' re-populate fast enough.

I have two coops for chickens (one hen hen and one stony hens) and it seems to just barely keep up with 15 rock-cat pogos (yes I mixed the two to have just one meat eating slime instead of two)

Rock slimes don't eat meat.

And now that they're Largos, you can feed them veggies instead, if that's easier to find.
Last edited by SpiralRancher02 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:24 pm

xenxander wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:

2 coops is far from enough. I have 6 coops and it's barely enough the keep 20 Boom-Tabby largos fed. And rock slimes don't eat meat.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby xenxander » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:31 pm

I didn't mean 'rocks' I meant booms.. Sorry. yes I combined booms with tabbies to have only one meat-eater slime.

You are correct, Nakhyrn, chicken coops are not fast enough to deal even with a moderate amount of meat-only slimes.
xenxander
Rancher

Return to General Discussion