0.4 predictions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

0.4 predictions

Postby Shydragon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:41 am

With 0.3 out, 0.4 is next. We have some idea of what it will entail thanks to the development roadmap, but many details are still unknown.

Firstly, when do you think it will come out? I don't think even the developers know for sure, but I would predict that it will come out sometime around the holidays or the new year.

There's also the new hunter slimes to look forward to! We already know a little bit about them. They share a model with the tabby slime and can turn invisible. We've also gotten hints that they will be green, but I predict that the final version will be camo patterned. What do you all think?

Next is the expansion to the existing areas. Where do you think the expansions will be? Will the broken bridge near the entrance to the moss blanket lead somewhere? Will that third door lead to a part of the moss blanket where hunter slimes will be found? Will the mysterious island be finished?

There will also be expansions to the ranch. Does that mean a bigger main area, grotto, or overgrowth? Perhaps a new area entirely? Will there be enough room for all 28 types of largos? I predict that there will eventually be a lake expansion to the ranch, where puddle slimes can roam free without worrying about their pond draining. Perhaps not in 0.4, but someday.

And lastly, the letters from home. I don't have any predictions as to what the story with these are, but I'm definitely excited to find out!
Shydragon
Rancher
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:38 am

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:30 am

Wait, 0.4.0 wouldn't take around eight months!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
User avatar
EmeraldPlay
Treefox
 
Posts: 1905
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:08 am

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby Shydragon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:06 pm

I dunno, there's a lot of work to do for the update. The hunter slime texture has to be finalized, and there might be new behavior to code. Then theres all the new areas to build, letters to write, maybe they'll need to program times for when the letters are sent, plort market prices for the hunter plorts, maybe a few more gordos, and who knows what else.

0.3 took 5 months, and the assets for rad slimes and stuff were in the game's code in a fairly complete state for a while before that. I wouldn't be surprised if 0.4 took a few months longer.
Shydragon
Rancher
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:38 am

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby z0mbiesrock » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:38 pm

There is a developer roadmap in the forum. Look for it yourself :P
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
User avatar
z0mbiesrock
Keeper
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:30 am

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:06 pm

We haven't announced when v0.4.0 will ship, but just to clear things up, v0.3.0 took about 3 months to develop. SR has only been live since early January, after all :)
User avatar
Nick
Developer
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:14 am

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:42 pm

Shydragon wrote:There's also the new hunter slimes to look forward to! We already know a little bit about them. They share a model with the tabby slime and can turn invisible. We've also gotten hints that they will be green, but I predict that the final version will be camo patterned. What do you all think?


when was it ever said that they could turn invisible or supposedly green? i assume a while ago since i only got the game like last month i think, but i'd like some proof of that being stated. or just from nick now since he should have this thread watched now that he's replied to it.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
User avatar
PrismSlime
Keeper
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby Shydragon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:03 pm

PrismSlime wrote:
Shydragon wrote:There's also the new hunter slimes to look forward to! We already know a little bit about them. They share a model with the tabby slime and can turn invisible. We've also gotten hints that they will be green, but I predict that the final version will be camo patterned. What do you all think?


when was it ever said that they could turn invisible or supposedly green? i assume a while ago since i only got the game like last month i think, but i'd like some proof of that being stated. or just from nick now since he should have this thread watched now that he's replied to it.


Spawning in the incomplete hunter slimes with a world editor shows that they currently use the regular tabby slime model and can turn invisible. The Slimepedia entry shows the tabby slime icon tinted green. There's a few videos of people doing this on YouTube if you search "hunter slime".

Nick wrote:We haven't announced when v0.4.0 will ship, but just to clear things up, v0.3.0 took about 3 months to develop. SR has only been live since early January, after all :)

Ahh, I could have sworn it was out in December ^^'. That said, my math was off anyway and that would have been 4 months. Well, at least with my prediction I'd be pleasantly surprised if it came out in 3 or 4 months.
Shydragon
Rancher
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:38 am

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:32 pm

oh that method... well that's not official yet so that could change at any point. hopefully i dont get that spoiled by recommended videos on youtube though. =/
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
User avatar
PrismSlime
Keeper
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby clmurphy74 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:37 pm

PrismSlime wrote:oh that method... well that's not official yet so that could change at any point. hopefully i dont get that spoiled by recommended videos on youtube though. =/


I miss the YT videos... I could just watch them run around collecting wild slimes, etc!
User avatar
clmurphy74
Rancher
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:51 pm

it's actually starting to bug me that people keep referring to plorts as poop ><
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
User avatar
PrismSlime
Keeper
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Re: 0.4 predictions

Postby IceNova » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:49 pm

PrismSlime wrote:it's actually starting to bug me that people keep referring to plorts as poop ><


So true.
I change my profile picture... Don't judge me.
User avatar
IceNova
Rancher
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:51 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Universe


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests