Bring the old puddle slimes back!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: Bring the old puddle slimes back!

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:36 pm

i definitely think we need a huge water area specifically for water-based slimes. i feel bad taking the puddles from the hot spring. they look so happy there (as opposed to anywhere else lmao) but they need more space. give a little vac, and they dance for you. :3 Image
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Pigcatapult » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:08 pm

PrismSlime wrote:i definitely think we need a huge water area specifically for water-based slimes. i feel bad taking the puddles from the hot spring. they look so happy there (as opposed to anywhere else lmao) but they need more space. give a little vac, and they dance for you. :3 Image

Agreed; they definitely need more space, and I want to be able to free-ranch them someday. Although I think part of it is the lighting? It seems like the hot spring area is much brighter than the ranch is.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 am

well that spot is also a bit in the shade, but that's likely the case as well.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby kittyourock14 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:15 pm

SpiralRancher wrote:
Nick wrote:I really like the idea of an egg slime too.

That said, any ideas hatching in your head?

Eggcelent question!
Why isn't there a Harry Potter slime? </3
kittyourock14
Rancher

Postby Fehzor » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Nick wrote:That said, any ideas hatching in your head?

Other liquids
Lava
Butter
Pudding
Juice
Milk

or possibly

UFO
Fehzor
Rancher

Postby moomin74 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:32 pm

I liked the old puddle slimes because they looked very cute, but the new ones are good too and I like the noise they make. I think puddle slimes should be immune to tarrs though, as they are mostly water and tarrs don't like water.
moomin74
Rancher

Postby JellySlime » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:24 am

moomin74 wrote:I liked the old puddle slimes because they looked very cute, but the new ones are good too and I like the noise they make. I think puddle slimes should be immune to tarrs though, as they are mostly water and tarrs don't like water.

i like the new puddle slime design! i just think the style of their slimepedia icon is off

moomin actually raises an interesting point here. they're so aqueous that you'd think a tarr trying to eat a puddle slime would dissolve into nothing. that being said though, tarrs certainly have no aversion to water itself. they'll jump right into ponds without any care for the fact that they'll die if they stay submerged for more than a couple of seconds. given that puddle slimes can only be found in significantly sized bodies of water, i guess it's kind of a moot point, as a tarr will likely end up dying in trying to get close enough to a puddle slime to actually absorb it
JellySlime
Chickadoo

Postby PuddleSlimer » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:29 pm

"what came first, the chicken or the slime?"
I ran out of ideas for a signature!
PuddleSlimer
Rancher

Postby KitsuneRyo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:06 pm

JellySlime wrote:
moomin74 wrote:I liked the old puddle slimes because they looked very cute, but the new ones are good too and I like the noise they make. I think puddle slimes should be immune to tarrs though, as they are mostly water and tarrs don't like water.

i like the new puddle slime design! i just think the style of their slimepedia icon is off

moomin actually raises an interesting point here. they're so aqueous that you'd think a tarr trying to eat a puddle slime would dissolve into nothing. that being said though, tarrs certainly have no aversion to water itself. they'll jump right into ponds without any care for the fact that they'll die if they stay submerged for more than a couple of seconds. given that puddle slimes can only be found in significantly sized bodies of water, i guess it's kind of a moot point, as a tarr will likely end up dying in trying to get close enough to a puddle slime to actually absorb it

I've noticed that puddles sort of ARE immune now.... I've seen tarrs die before killing a puddle slime because just being in water kills the tarrs now. And of course, the puddles are always in the water, so lately, no tarrs have killed wild puddles in my game. They POOF too soon. And some people have used their plorts to fight tarr as well.. a HUGE waste, but it works.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby NekoSlime » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:58 am

I think the reason why they changed them to have no mouth is because having just two little black eyes and no mouth is a very popular kawaii style in anime. Every other slime has two eyes and a mouth. They wanted to explore a different cutesy artistic direction by trying a version without a mouth, which is very popular in other media.

I think it looks great and it looks better than before. I want it to stay.

Also, their way of feeding is unique. Not having a mouth helps new players notice that more quickly.
NekoSlime
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:30 am

I like the new slimes, but I do agree the new puddle slime icon looks out of place.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TinySlimes » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:05 am

I don't mind the lack of a mouth as much (maybe they could have little "eye expressions" though, like happy eyes like in the tabby slime icon?), but I just don't like their shape. If they looked more like their icon, I wouldn't care, but I agree with most others in that they're too eggy. Maybe if they just shrunk the bottom a little more, then it'd be okay, but that's sadly not the case.

The poster of this statement would like to inform everyone that she has nothing against eggs; she simply doesn't enjoy staring at puddle slimes and thinking "breakfast".
TinySlimes
Rancher

Postby MarappaTheRancher13 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:31 am

Nick wrote:The old puddle slimes were temp art: pink slimes with their hue shifted. The puddle slime's design was always intended to be actually puddle-shaped and have no mouth (to denote they cannot eat resources). So while adjustments can be made to their design, overall it's here to stay. I'm sorry if you're not crazy about them, but I think plenty of others really like them now. You might even see future slimes that have a similar form. We're still developing stuff.

Then how do they live???
They need to Breath right?
YABBA DABBA DOO
MarappaTheRancher13
Rancher

Postby Wonda » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:44 am

MarappaTheRancher13 wrote: Then how do they live???
They need to Breath right?

It states how they live in the Slimepedia:
Slimepedia wrote:These slimes don't eat fruit, veggies, or meat like most other slimes. Instead, puddle slimes absorb water into their bodies while they sit on the surface of a pool.

Puddle slimes need fresh water to survive and will quickly evaporate if left on any other surface too long.

One could infer that they do not need a mouth to breath or eat because they just absorb nutrients through the water.
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby Kozzer33 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:02 pm

The older ones looked bland, however the news ones look very unique and special, all I want is for them to have a mouth, then it'd be better!
Don't feed the blobs anymore poop after you've already fed them poop!
Kozzer33
Rancher

Postby whateverls15 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Nick wrote:I really like the idea of an egg slime too.

Me too, but i prefer something more impressive
whateverls15
Plort

Postby Shiverlry » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:13 am

Kozzer33 wrote:The older ones looked bland, however the news ones look very unique and special, all I want is for them to have a mouth, then it'd be better!

Emeraldplay put my avatar together. I think it works.
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Vacuum Slime (needs feedback)
Shiverlry
Rancher

Previous

Return to General Discussion