Largos to make raising certain slimes in ranch viable

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Largos to make raising certain slimes in ranch viable

Postby Alrom » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:34 am

Maybe it could be interesting to have certain slimes that aren't viable or easy to raise in your ranch as their own. Maybe they need a certain food that cannot be grown and is only available where these slimes live or maybe they require something else you just can't have in your ranch.

But then you combine these slimes with another one and now their diet is mixed and you can raise these slimes.

For example, a slime that eats a certain ore that is only found in a certain cave or canyon. You can't "grow" this ore in your ranch, neither is viable to go all the way to this area, stock up and feed your "rock eating slimes" all the way back in your ranch. It's just too much of a hassle.

But you can then create a largo version of this slime with something like a Tabby and now you can feed it rocky hens, which can be raised in your ranch very easily.
Alrom
Chickadoo

Re: Largos to make raising certain slimes in ranch viable

Postby sportakus1 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:39 am

I support. Much great way to have largos than a certain slime.
I dont want a largo that I dont need unless has purpose of having them.
sportakus1
Chickadoo

Postby Wonda » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:58 am

Isn't that the purpose of creating a pink largo? To make it so you could give a slime any food and it will give you the rare plort and a pink plort?
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby Alrom » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:57 am

Wonda wrote:Isn't that the purpose of creating a pink largo? To make it so you could give a slime any food and it will give you the rare plort and a pink plort?

As of right now you can raise any slime and have your ranch create the food required for said slime.

What I mean is a species that needs a certain food but you can't grow or create it in your ranch. So you mix this species with any other, the pink for example, so you can have this species in your ranch eating an alternative food without having to go to their home habitat and stocking up on the food they eat, which only grows in said region.
Alrom
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion