My Thoughts On the Game So Far

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

My Thoughts On the Game So Far

Postby DJDH94 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Pre-ordered this from the website and downloaded the playtest of Alpha Version 0.2.2. I thought I had only played for 1 or 2 hours... Turns out I got lost in the beauty of this amazing game for 5 hours straight. Amazing, even in early Alpha. Even this early in the game it managed to capture my full attention for such a long time and you can see the areas where the developer intends to expand the already large map. The implemented functionality and near flawless gameplay this early on is absolutely astounding. SplatterCatGaming never fails to pick amazing games, and this one is a diamond in a coal mine.

It is so rare that you see a game come through the endless wasteland of broken, disorganized, and sometimes downright unplayable games that I hope this work of art gets every bit of recognition and praise it deserves. Money well spent for sure.

- Visuals (Graphics, Animation, Environment, etc.): 9/10
- Audio (Music, Sound Effects): 10/10
- Controls (Ease of Use, Functionality): 10/10
- Gameplay (Features, Storyline, Playability / Replayability): 8/10
- Overall Quality of the Game: 9/10

There's room for improvement, as there should be for a game still in early development, but, from what I experienced, most of the improvement entails adding more characters, storyline, features, and areas of the map. There are a few minor tweaks that I'd suggest, but those are very few and far between. I've already recommended this game to everyone I know and I'll be live streaming it regularly. This game deserves to be Greenlit yesterday and I wish the best of luck to the developer in high hopes of continued improvement to this already astonishing game.

~DJ

P.S. Serious extra points for the level of cuteness. The entire atmosphere bleeds cuteness. Exceptional work, Monomi Park.
DJDH94
Plort

Return to General Discussion