Things that bugged me...

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Things that bugged me...

Postby Voxel » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:29 am

Ice Flooring
So when you stop walking, your speed doesn't go to 0. There is a slight glide when you stop moving for a few seconds that is a little disorienting.

Removing Items From Storage
Using the Vac on items in storage gets kind of weird if you stand too close. If you are standing right next to the storage space and try to suck in whatever you need, all the stuff spills all over the floor. This can be really irritating, especially when trying to get a precise amount and removing items that are destroyed hitting the ground like water items, or more potential items in the future.

Planting
It's just hard to see whether or not the seeds planted on trees as some of the foliage covers up the seeds.

No Puzzles
I understand this isn't a puzzle game, but using the Vac could make some interesting little puzzles, something as simple as moving an unbreakable box somewhere so you can get onto a ledge. Adding "optional puzzles" would be really nice.

Jetpacks
I feel you can get this a little too early in the game for what they offer. You shouldn't be able to fly up and run along the edges of the map in the first place, but I have to tell my friends not to get the jetpack because it ruins a little bit of the fun allowing you to zoom through all the exploration.
Voxel
Chickadoo

Re: Things that bugged me...

Postby Fate » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:52 pm

Ah! Understood :3 I have seen some of this myself. Any positives? :P
Fate/Prometheus~
Fate
Chickadoo

Postby Voxel » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:54 pm

Too many to list
Voxel
Chickadoo

Postby Hexlash » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:01 pm

I was bugged by how difficult wielding non-vacuumable objects is. When I'm trying to pick up plorts, my largos always get in the way, and them being rocks isn't all that healthy. Same goes for boxes. It's almost as if they magnetically stick to the vacuum's end.

I actually noticed that boxes and largos move towards the player when sucking, even if they are not in the same direction, let alone in the stream. I've tried this by placing the largo or box at the edge of my screen and sucking, which results in them sliding straight toward me from the side, and then 'snapping' on in front of me.

Additionally, the gardens seem very inconsistent. The first time I used them to grow heart beats, I got quiet a lot rapidly. When I replaced them with cuberries, I got nothing at all for days, until I gave up on them and tried planting heart beats again. More days passed and I began to suspect that my crops had somehow died out. This is even stranger, because I had no upgrades the first time around, but the second time, had all of them.
Hexlash
Rancher

Postby Fate » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:13 pm

@Hexlash Try watering? and yeah, I've noticed the glitches with Vacuum too. Positives?
@Voxel Glad!
Fate/Prometheus~
Fate
Chickadoo

@Fate

Postby Hexlash » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:44 pm

The first time I did manually water them, the second time, I had sprinklers and manually watered it.

At any rate, there should be indication for the growth. Perhaps toggling the upgrade menu to display growth percentage, or maybe even add upgrades that allow you to track the growth. (Needs more water, crops destroyed, etc.)
Hexlash
Rancher

@Hexlash

Postby Fate » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Good Suggestions. I also suggest not to OVER water, It could be bad for them. Keep us updated!
Fate/Prometheus~
Fate
Chickadoo

Postby Hexlash » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Another thing that bothers me a lot is that Tarrs don't get injured when they land in a body of pure water, such as a lake where puddle slimes spawn.

If I have all my slots full, it would be nice to be able to grab the Tarrs and just shoot them into a body of water, rather than into the air.
Hexlash
Rancher

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Submerging a tarr into fresh water will ultimately destroy it instantly. Just a feature we haven't got to yet!
Nick
Developer

Return to General Discussion