Monoculture

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Monoculture

Postby dokkuni » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:36 pm

I used to only raise rock slimes, since I had an really good carrot farm base; then I transitioned to rock/phosphor and rock/tabby largos. I was wondering if this kind of monoculture (only use rock largos so I only need carrots) has any disadvantages over a more diverse community? Thanks :P
dokkuni
Plort

Re: Monoculture

Postby Wonda » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:41 pm

It might affect the rock plort economy. However, it will be less likely for you to obtain Tarrs, due to less diversity.
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Re: Monoculture

Postby Nakhryn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:48 pm

dokkuni wrote:I used to only raise rock slimes, since I had an really good carrot farm base; then I transitioned to rock/phosphor and rock/tabby largos. I was wondering if this kind of monoculture (only use rock largos so I only need carrots) has any disadvantages over a more diverse community? Thanks :P

The only disavantage is that you won't make a lot of money. Or just not as fast as you would with a more diverse community. And sometimes the Ranch Exchange is going to ask for a big amount of a specific type of Plort and with only Rock hybrids, you might not be able to produce enough of that type of plort.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Return to General Discussion