Can someone explain Puddle slimes and ponds to me?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Can someone explain Puddle slimes and ponds to me?

Postby dvxspam » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Hey guys,

Love this game! Saw it first when paulsoaresjr started playing it on his YouTube channel.

Can someone explain Puddle slimes and ponds to me please?

How do they produce plorts? Do they consume water from the ponds and thus, most importantly, do I need to refill the ponds with water? This part to me is unclear...

I had an issue in 0.2.2 where the puddle slimes would randomly disappear from the pond (could only keep 1 indefinitely), but since a few hours, they do not do that anymore. Not sure what has changed though.

Thanks for the input!

Ps for the Devs: My laptop has both a dedicated and an integrated Intel gfx card. Settings now are it chooses itself what gfx it uses. If I don't run it dedicated via manual intervention by me, the game crashes after a while when my laptop decides it wants to use the integrated intel graphics processor. (Well, actually the Nvidia driver crashes, and therefor the game freezes.)
I'm not an expert, and it's an easy fix on my end. So I don't really mind. But perhaps you could do something with the properties of the executable on your end so the PC knows this is a game and should use only 1 (preferably the "High Performance") graphics processor while the executable is running.
dvxspam
Plort

Re: Can someone explain Puddle slimes and ponds to me?

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:51 pm

They automatically consume water from the ponds they're in, and create plorts occasionally.

They're fairly effective, or would be, but it seems that they're broken with disappearing. People have been reporting that a lot recently.

You do not need to refill ponds, they do so automatically.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby JRH99 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:33 pm

*sorry bad english*
The ponds refill automatically , but if put something like, 10 slimes they can drink all the water!! (i keep 5 all the time.. but they dissapear T_T).
*Sorry bad english* XD
My suggestions thread!
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5226&p=38041#p38041
JRH99
Chickadoo

Postby KitsuneRyo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:27 pm

The Puddle Slimes stay happily in their pond and just occasionally absorb water. I've never had problems with them vanishing; I keep just two so I don't have Puddle Plorts taking over the whole pond. I've never noticed any issue with the water level; my slimes seem quite content. My Boom Slimes, however, are insatiable lately.... I had to dump eight!! So I suggest just keeping a couple Puddle Slimes. Their plorts are worth enough that you don't really need many to make a profit.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:28 am

Just be careful with the puddle slimes. They can stack pretty easily and just jump out of the pond and to fix that problem I usually keep a maximum of 4 slimes in the pond. Oh and I almost forgot, you can refill the pond with water from your Vacpack.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:07 am

Nakhryn wrote:Just be careful with the puddle slimes. They can stack pretty easily and just jump out of the pond and to fix that problem I usually keep a maximum of 4 slimes in the pond. Oh and I almost forgot, you can refill the pond with water from your Vacpack.

...What? They never stack or make any kind of effort to escape at all for me.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Return to General Discussion