Saved Keybinding Data Problem

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Saved Keybinding Data Problem

Postby lefthandedfury » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:46 pm

Hey guys. So I am still unable to play slime rancher. I am having a movement bug/aim spinning problem. I know this has been solved by unplugging your controller but this hasn't worked for me. It feels like it should but it hasn't. I have an idea to fix it but I need help. I noticed when I re-downloaded the game all of my saved options were retained, even when I downloaded the new version! I want to purge this data and have the game use the default controls. The problem is I can't seem to find where slime rancher is saving my config/keybinding data. It can't be in the slime rancher folder because I have deleted that and downloaded other versions. The keybinds retain even between 32bit and 64bit.

What I think caused my problem was that I am using a bit of a weird controller, (I can use it to move my mouse and other things) and I feel like it messed up the controls permanently. I believe that if I can purge the old data out and have the game create a new default config file everything should work fine.
lefthandedfury
Plort

Re: Saved Keybinding Data Problem

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Some controllers don't work with Slime Rancher ATM.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby lefthandedfury » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks. I guess I wasn't really clear though. See when I first opened slim rancher I had a controller connected. I don't now, but the problem is still there. I need to delete the saved keybinding data in order for slime rancher to realize I don't have a controller hooked up. The problem is the saved keybinding data is not saved inside the slime rancher folder. It must be saved in some kind of registry or something in windows. I can't find it and I was hoping that someone here would know where that saved registry is.

I have tried downloading a new version of slime rancher and the problem continues.
lefthandedfury
Plort

Postby Nakhryn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:56 pm

lefthandedfury wrote:Thanks. I guess I wasn't really clear though. See when I first opened slim rancher I had a controller connected. I don't now, but the problem is still there. I need to delete the saved keybinding data in order for slime rancher to realize I don't have a controller hooked up. The problem is the saved keybinding data is not saved inside the slime rancher folder. It must be saved in some kind of registry or something in windows. I can't find it and I was hoping that someone here would know where that saved registry is.

I have tried downloading a new version of slime rancher and the problem continues.

Could that be it?

C:\Users\(User)\AppData\LocalLow\SlimeRancher
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby lefthandedfury » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:08 pm

Well, thanks. That solved the keybinding issue where it wasn't being reset. But that didn't solve the movement/spinning issue. This is weird, I may tinker with it a bit more...
lefthandedfury
Plort

Postby Nakhryn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:10 pm

lefthandedfury wrote:Well, thanks. That solved the keybinding issue where it wasn't being reset. But that didn't solve the movement/spinning issue. This is weird, I may tinker with it a bit more...

Alright buddy I'll keep looking around too.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Return to General Discussion