First Impressions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

First Impressions

Postby MattyEh » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:24 pm

Love the game.
Concept and execution has been awesome so far.
Pretty fleshed out for a pre-alpha!

Spent about 18 in game days in the game so far, I managed to work with all slime types except golden, but did not experiment much with Largos.

I found the Largos to be less satisfying as I could not vac them up. Additionally, only 5 or 6 fit comfortably in a pen. While that would solve my issue of the fruit and veggies not growing as listed (each harvest produces max with upgrade) I still found it manageable to cram 10-12 small slimes and keep them fed (mostly!).

The jetpack is brilliant. Once you've got some of the personal upgrades to it, you can get anywhere. Where do the screenshots go? I'd share some if I could find them!

I'd love to see a timer on the delivery box to indicate / remind that it's limited, or perhaps to give you the option to "take" the quest and it lasts for an additional day. Something like two quests available per day and if you opt to take one you put down some coin (50) in case you don't deliver.

I was running at 4k and didn't have any hitches or hiccups, so that was great! Pretty game.

I think the pacing of the upgrades was a little slow. I felt like once I had too much coin they started to pour in and I didn't even have to contemplate getting them or getting stuff for the ranch. I'd also like to see a skill-tree of the purchased (or earned *nudge*) attributes and your progress.

Combat was ok, a directional damage indication (red screen more severely red in the direction you received damage from) would be nice. I'd like to see an option to turn off the tar slimes for really young kids as well as the aggressive guardian (between map zones) slimes.

Thanks for reading,
MattyEh
Plort

Re: First Impressions

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:24 am

Love the game.
Concept and execution has been awesome so far.
Pretty fleshed out for a pre-alpha!

I strongly agree, it feels like a full game.

Spent about 18 in game days in the game so far, I managed to work with all slime types except golden, but did not experiment much with Largos.

You can't capture golden, and you should, Largo's are highly efficient.

I found the Largos to be less satisfying as I could not vac them up. Additionally, only 5 or 6 fit comfortably in a pen. While that would solve my issue of the fruit and veggies not growing as listed (each harvest produces max with upgrade) I still found it manageable to cram 10-12 small slimes and keep them fed (mostly!).

While most other ranchers prefer to put way less then me, I put in 30 of each slime into a corral, or 15 largo's, they are actually extremely docile if you feed them.

The jetpack is brilliant. Once you've got some of the personal upgrades to it, you can get anywhere. Where do the screenshots go? I'd share some if I could find them!

I agree, although you can get into under construction areas with it, but that should be fixed later on once they are actually built.

I'd love to see a timer on the delivery box to indicate / remind that it's limited, or perhaps to give you the option to "take" the quest and it lasts for an additional day. Something like two quests available per day and if you opt to take one you put down some coin (50) in case you don't deliver.

I strongly agree that we need a timer.

I was running at 4k and didn't have any hitches or hiccups, so that was great! Pretty game.

Unless you're corralling 30 boom slimes

I think the pacing of the upgrades was a little slow. I felt like once I had too much coin they started to pour in and I didn't even have to contemplate getting them or getting stuff for the ranch. I'd also like to see a skill-tree of the purchased (or earned *nudge*) attributes and your progress.

I agree.

Combat was ok, a directional damage indication (red screen more severely red in the direction you received damage from) would be nice. I'd like to see an option to turn off the tar slimes for really young kids as well as the aggressive guardian (between map zones) slimes.

I agree, but we don't need to turn off the Tarr's or agressive slimes for kids.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reading.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Return to General Discussion