Movement issue/bug

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Movement issue/bug

Postby lefthandedfury » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm not sure if this is a common issue but I am having a severe problem with moving in the game. When I am in the menus the highlighted option is constantly scrolling up. And when I enter a game I am constantly walking forward and to the left, my view is constantly pulling down and to the left. I can fight both of these movements but they are pretty severe pulls. I could try to record it and post it on youtube or something but basically just hold forward and left while dragging your mouse towards you and you will get the same effect.

I initially thought it was my steam controller being pulled in, but I unplugged it and the problems continued. I then tried downloading and running the 32bit version. I then tried unplugging my keyboard and mouse while in game. With both unplugged the forced movement continued. I tried remapping the movement keys and that still didn't help. I did notice that the key rebinds held even when I deleted the game and downloaded a different copy. I looked around in the data and config files a little bit trying to find where the key rebinding data was stored but couldn't find it. Maybe it would be a simple fix if I could purge out this key mapped data? I don't know but I wanted to try it. Any help on that would be awesome.

I am up to try any other fixes you guys might suggest. I can also post system stats and what not if you need it. I'm running 64bit windows 7.
lefthandedfury
Plort

Re: Movement issue/bug

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:49 pm

From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby lefthandedfury » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks for the link! But as I mentioned above, this didn't solve the issue. I figured that was it, but like I said, I did unplug the controller but the glitch continued. Even after re-downloading it I still have the glitch. I feel like I need to purge the saved data and I don't know how...
lefthandedfury
Plort

Postby lefthandedfury » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:54 pm

Update*

I tried using a different mouse as well. Still the same issue. No gamepads are hooked up, and it was a basic mouse and keyboard.
lefthandedfury
Plort

Postby Anonymaus » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Try looking in Control Panel > Devices and look for vJoy, PPJoy, etc. I had the same issue, and disabling vJoy fixed it for me.
Anonymaus
Plort

Return to General Discussion