Corral/farm upgrade ideas

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Corral/farm upgrade ideas

Postby SrGhostly » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Upgrades

Explosive shielding
cost: 600
Use: contains the explosions from boom slimes and boom slime hybrids, can take a couple hits before it needs to regenerate

Gravitizer
cost: 500
use: For ranchers who dont value the happiness of their slimes, keeps slimes such as the phosphor slime from flying and makes it harder for slimes to jump, at the cost of decreasing slime happiness

Varying corral decor/designs
A fully upgraded corral is an eyesore, there should be some customization options to make them look better, this can include changing the wall design instead of showing an electric barrier it could display some kind of design on it (still able to be seen through) the ability to add floors of some kind with varying effects depending on the slimes contained,
EX:
volcanic floor: Increases happiness of boom slimes
Straw floor: slightly increases happiness of all slimes
Cavern floor: Increase happiness of rock and phosphor slimes
Carpet: increases happiness of all slimes
Honeycomb floor: increases happiness of honey slimes
ETC

Robotic Plort harvester
some kind of robot that goes around collecting stray plorts from around the ranch, useful for ranchers who keep slimes outside of their corrals

Music Box Settings
can be tweaked on the upgrade menu
White noise: what the music box is right now, makes no noise but has the same effect
Different types of music can be picked that audibly play, each having varying effects on different types of slimes
Possibility of having playing custom music from a folder, play mp3 files?
SrGhostly
Chickadoo

Re: Corral/farm upgrade ideas

Postby taklu » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:00 pm

the robotic plort collector could be a port collecting station that houses up to 4 robots to collect plorts. Along with upgrades to the robots like speed and jump boost.
taklu
Plort

Gravitizer

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:48 pm

The Gravitizer will just cancel itself out if it makes slimes unhappy all the time, since unhappy slimes are much jumpier and will completely negate the effects. Besides, they can still stack until they're over as a primary method, even over jumping/flying, so that's not worth the money at ALL.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Re: Gravitizer

Postby SrGhostly » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:01 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:The Gravitizer will just cancel itself out if it makes slimes unhappy all the time, since unhappy slimes are much jumpier and will completely negate the effects. Besides, they can still stack until they're over as a primary method, even over jumping/flying, so that's not worth the money at ALL.

I thought unhappy slimes dont jump as often.
SrGhostly
Chickadoo

Re: Gravitizer

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:39 pm

SrGhostly wrote:
SpiralRancher02 wrote:The Gravitizer will just cancel itself out if it makes slimes unhappy all the time, since unhappy slimes are much jumpier and will completely negate the effects. Besides, they can still stack until they're over as a primary method, even over jumping/flying, so that's not worth the money at ALL.

I thought unhappy slimes dont jump as often.

No, unhappy/hungry slimes jump/stack/otherwise try to escape much more - However, they sometimes do jump out of excitement if they're being fed after being left alone for too long.

Also, I was going to comment that the boom shield is near useless since it only helps for one type of slime, but then I remembered Solar Shields exist.
Last edited by SpiralRancher02 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:30 pm

The explosive shielding is a great idea but unfortunately I can't give you credit for thinking about the Robot Plort Harvester since both Splattercatgaming and Etalyx spoke about it in their videos. The Corral decor is another great idea but I think that slimes of a certain type would only be able to live in a corral of the same type. Example : the Boom slime would only be able to live in the volcanic setting which would prevent you from rushing through the game and skip both Rock and Pink slimes.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby SrGhostly » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:46 am

Nakhryn wrote:The explosive shielding is a great idea but unfortunately I can't give you credit for thinking about the Robot Plort Harvester since both Splattercatgaming and Etalyx spoke about it in their videos. The Corral decor is another great idea but I think that slimes of a certain type would only be able to live in a corral of the same type. Example : the Boom slime would only be able to live in the volcanic setting which would prevent you from rushing through the game and skip both Rock and Pink slimes.

Oh yeah thats right he did, Must have been a subconscious memory
SrGhostly
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion