Pun or Joke(Optional):

Diet:

Favorite:

Slimeology:

Possible Threats to Ranchers:

Possible plortonomics:

Let's start with a new idea of mine

Plorts starting value should be 40.

Found swimming around in the Slime Ocean by the Reef, 1/30 chance.

The 'Bubble Slime'

Rivals the Tabby in the Bubbly Butts.

Diet: Water and Fruit

Favorite: Water

Slimeology: When a puddle slime takes one step, er, slime forward beyond an average puddle slime, the bubble slime is born! The bubbles are found to be full of live energy, popping a bubble will send a rancher's hand flying backwards. The bubble slime also is a very clean and stable slime, able to live out of water, but it prefers the slimey ocean or a pond, they will try to settle in one of these places. The cleanliness of the slime allows it to be followed by a trail of cleanliness left by its bubbles.

Possible Threats to Ranchers: These little rascals are not your average slime! They will atempt at all times to rest within water, or the ocean, if you have no pond nearby, they will try to escape the ranch, instead of just the corral. And to add salt to injury, they will attempt to kick out puddle slimes out of the pond if there is any. Their plorts also can separate any largos you have on the ranch, so you may want to keep them separate from your largos.

Possible plortonomics: The plorts from a bubble slime is used for many cleaning products, this greatly outweighs the pink plort capabilities, unfortunately, the elites may price it a bit too high back at earth. Exceeding almost 30X the price you sell to them.

Feel free to add concept art with your slimes!
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Re: Slimey Idea Thread

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Your ideas are really good and creative! I'm starting to wonder if you came up with the Game haha
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Jzilla » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Plort Value: around 250

Spawn rate: a little bit less common than golds

Name: gorge slime

Diet: everything

Favorite: rancher

Slimeology: if the TARR and pink slime had a demon spawn this would be it, it can swallow anything whole! Even you! Due to large size it is constantly hungry and if not fed it will break the barrier and eat other slimes!

Possible Threats to Ranchers: will try to eat you

Possible plortonomics: considered a rare delicacy on Earth
Jzilla
Plort

Postby DeltaStorm » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Nakhryn wrote:Your ideas are really good and creative! I'm starting to wonder if you came up with the Game haha

Yeah, I want to become a game developer myself, so I study balance in games like TF2, and other balanced games. (The Phlog is NOT on the list of balanced weapons.)

I thought of another idea just now, so i'll probably post it in a sec.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:43 pm

Plorts starting value should be 100.

Found rarely all over the range, 1/100 chance.

The 'Gourmet Slime'

We might need a bigger corral...

Diet: Everything

Favorite: Elder Roostro's

Slimeology: When a pink slime eats a little too much, it turns plump and orange, it is the size of a gordo, but is not a fusion of 6 slimes, but only one intensely hungry slime. THese guys will eat lots of your food, and will stop at nothing to feed on other slime's food. Sky nets are easily broken by this slime, and is not easily contained.

Possible Threats to Ranchers: They are HUGE, they take up alot of space and if left hungry for too longer, will turn to canniblasim, and become a gordo Tarr, which is less desirable then you think. They also are not very happy with putting them in cramped spaces like the Grotto, and will outrage frequently if left unattended for too long. The best place to keep this slime is in the overgrowth, where they may frollick and eat the abundance of food there, they should not eat much anymore if kept there for long enough

Possible plortonomics: A delicacy on earth, it is quite big and cannot be sucked up through the vacpack, so it is used in food challenges, or feasts, they are also used for energy drinks, strangely enough.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Already posted this elsewhere, but might as well repost it h

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:55 pm

Plort Value: 30

Spawn rate + Extra Conditions if needed: Common (Pink slimes in the first rock + tabby area) in a volcanic environment.

Name: Magma Slime

Diet: Fruit

Favorite: ??? (something found in a volcanic environment)

Slimeology: (needed)

Possible Threats to Ranchers: These slimes may be cute, but they're quite hot! Unless they're being vacced up, these slimes can injure the rancher and kill any non-volcanic slimes that touch it. However, cold or water-y slimes have rather the reverse effect. Their plorts, too, are dangerous - They can kill any cold or water slimes on contact (unlike the slimes themselves) and drain water in the Rancher's pools (this has no effect on natural water sources). It's also said that, when a Magma Plort is fed to a certain type of slime, or that slime's Plort is fed to a Magma Slime, there'll be an unusual reaction creating a slime that can be more profitable, but also much more dangerous if not properly ranched, so be careful and prepared if you want to create Largos!

-----

Plort Value: 50

Spawn rate + Extra Conditions if needed: None. Has to be manually created by the Rancher.

Name: Volcanic Slime

Diet: Meat and Veggie

Favorite: Roostro

Slimeology: (needed - created by feeding a rock slime a magma plort, or a magma slime a rock plort. cannot create a volcanic magma largo, will ignore magma plorts and volcanic plorts will be ignored by magma slimes. can be used to fight against tarrs, as they can harm and even kill them, but can still be eaten! tarrs can also be harmed by their plorts, but the plorts themselves will be destroyed on contact as well.)

Possible Threats to Ranchers: These rocky slimes have similar threats to a Magma Slime, but will kill ANY slime on contact, including cold or water slimes, except others of their own kind! Their spikes are even more damaging than the rest of their body, and can even hurt while being vacced, so Ranchers have to be extra careful when handling these slimes. They'll also instantly drain any non-natural pools they come in contact with, and prevent flow of water spouts nearby. Their plorts, too, have exactly the same effect, but can't injure the Rancher, only other slimes.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:57 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:They also are not very happy with putting them in cramped spaces like the Grotto

...The Grotto isn't really very cramped, even for a Gordo (...depending on how many slimes you put in). They should actually be more against being put in corrals.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Good luck creating a good design for them. Boom and Rock Boom Slimes are pretty much Magma and Volcanic. But it's still a good idea.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby SrGhostly » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Plort Value: I don't know what to put here because plort values change constantly

Spawn rate: common in desert areas

Name: Skeleton slime

Pun or Joke(Optional): Sorry but i couldn't come up with anything humerous

Diet: Meat

Favorite: Briar hen (whenever that is added)

Slimeology: Skeleton slimes have white bodies, with black pupil-less eyes and visible teeth, making them resemble a skull, regardless they are still comprised of the same squishy material as any other slime. These slimes can be found Out in dry desert areas or dark caverns. Skeleton slimes are of the few species of slimes to have teeth.

Possible Threats to Ranchers: Skeleton slimes are playful but love to bite, they nip atleast 1 hp off the rancher, even if they don't intend on causing them any harm

Possible plortonomics: Skeleton plorts are used for a variety of different substances, most often used in the medical industry. Skeleton plorts can be crushed down into a special calcium powder, which can be refined to make antacids. Alternatively Skeleton ports can be boiled down to make simple adhesive. don't expect it to hold down anything stronger than a small stack of papers though.
SrGhostly
Chickadoo

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:35 pm

SrGhostly wrote:Plort Value: I don't know what to put here because plort values change constantly

The base value, on starting the game.

Currently:

Pink Plort value is 7

Rock/Tabby/Phosphur Plort value is 15

Rad/Boom/Honey/Puddle Plort value is 30

Gold Plort value is 200

Go by those if you need to.

SrGhostly wrote:they nip atleast 1 hp off the rancher

This would be ridiculously underpowered unless they do this rapidly (10 times a second?) or you increase the amount, otherwise you might as well not include the damage feature at all...
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby ElectroPig374 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:06 pm

I have 2, so just hear me out, or read me out i guess.

Plort Value: About 50

Spawn Rate: Common in desert (when implemented) at all times, or less common in the first area only during the day

Name: Dust Slime

Pun: Time to Dust off their shoulders, if they had any!

Favorite: Chikadoo

Slimeology: Though the Dust Slime already feasts on the meat of innocent hen hen babies, they also absorb Puddle slimes. When coming in contact with Puddle slimes, both are absorbed into one-another, leaving no trace of either. Exploiting they're ability to attract dust, ranchers place them in their homes to clean the place up. (it's not that long, i know)

Possible threats to ranchers: Though they don't harm the rancher, they will absorb any puddle slimes they come in contact in, making them all the more rare

Possible plortomatics: Since slimes cannot be transported across the 1000 light-year distance from the Far Far Range to Earth, their plorts can be used in a vacuum cleaner to, again, to exploit their dust attractiveness.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Plort cost: about 100

Spawn Rate: not so common anywhere

Name: Fool Slime

Pun: Fool me once, Shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times..., well, you won't fool me three times

Diet: Everything

Slimeology: This slime can look like any slime on the planet. though they are hard to see from afar, you can tell the difference from up close. since these slimes are blind, they mess up the coloring and features of the slime (for example, making the honey slime have squares instead of hexagons). You can also tell by what they eat and they're plorts. If they hear you run close by, they burrow underground, so you have to sneak up very slowly and vac them from up close. When in they're disguised they produce the plorts of the slime they are disguised as, so you have to use a music box to calm them into their normal state to collect they're normal plorts. when they become a largo, they become a permanent mix of the slime of the plort it ate and the slime it was disguised as when the transformation occured.(and this one is too long XD)

Possible Threats to Ranchers: the real threats to ranchers are the threats of the slime they are disguised as

Possible Plortomatics: Because these plorts are usually disguised as others, people will use them for something they aren't meant for,then thrown out for being "useless", giving them the name "The Prankster Plort". The plort's actual use is that anything that eats the plort will gain the slimes disguising ability for a matter of minutes, afterwards making the consumer extremely nausious.

I hope you atleast consider one of these
Attachments
Slime Drawings.jpg
These are just suggestions!
Slime Drawings.jpg (51.05 KiB) Viewed 9466 times
ElectroPig374
Plort

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:36 pm

SrGhostly wrote:Plort Value: I don't know what to put here because plort values change constantly

Spawn rate: common in desert areas

Name: Skeleton slime

Pun or Joke(Optional): Sorry but i couldn't come up with anything humerous

Favorite: Briar hen (whenever that is added)

Slimeology: Skeleton slimes have white bodies, with black pupil-less eyes and visible teeth, making them resemble a skull, regardless they are still comprised of the same squishy material as any other slime. These slimes can be found Out in dry desert areas or dark caverns. Skeleton slimes are of the few species of slimes to have teeth.

Possible Threats to Ranchers: Skeleton slimes are playful but love to bite, they nip atleast 1 hp off the rancher, even if they don't intend on causing them any harm

Possible plortonomics: Skeleton plorts are used for a variety of different substances, most often used in the medical industry. Skeleton plorts can be crushed down into a special calcium powder, which can be refined to make antacids. Alternatively Skeleton ports can be boiled down to make simple adhesive. don't expect it to hold down anything stronger than a small stack of papers though.

Increase the damage to 10 and attack 1.5 times every second and increase the rarity to Uncommon. And by the way, that pun made me chuckle for a good 5 minutes. xD
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:08 am

Plorts starting value should be 75.

Has a 1/100 chance of spawning instead of a pink slime herd.

The 'Brainy Slime'

Has a Degree and you don't.

Diet: Only the healthiest of foods for the mind. (Veg)

Favorite: Carrots

Slimeology: A pink normally never thinks 'what is beyond that pogofruit?' The reason? They don't have a brain! The brainy slime has a body made up of slime and brains! Mostly the big brain jiggling around in there, we prefer not to discuss how they get the brains, but atleast you can have a nice slime to talk to about thermodynamics!

Possible Threats to Ranchers: These brainy slimes are not very easy to contain, they are way more intelligent then your average slime, so if left unhappy, they will escape much quicker then any other slime you own, due to them seeing the flaw in security.

Possible plortonomics: The plorts from a Brainy Slime is to help children focus in class, they are also used by top scientists to help research various subjects!
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Return to General Discussion