Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby DeltaStorm » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Plorts starting value should be 80.

1/45 chance for ONE to spawn instead of a pack of Phosphor slimes.

The 'Ghostly Slime'

Make Slimes, not Tarr.

Diet: Other Slime Plorts

Favorite: Honey Plorts

Slimeology: Born from a decomposed tarr from water, these Slimes are said to be made up of their very hungry spirits, they come out at night to eat plorts made by Slimes, preferring the Honey plorts made by Honey Slimes. They take on the appearance of Tarr's to scare off other Slimes to eat in peace. They were discovered by a more courageous rancher that didn't run with their hands flailing to the first sight of a Tarr, these Slimes were noted to 'upset other Slimes greatly.' Unlike other Slimes, Ghostly Slimes have a way of persuading Tarr's, simply just by looking like a Tarr. They prefer flight as their transport method, so beware them at night when they try to escape. Some ranchers believe that these are vengeful spirits of tarrs vanquished by the ranchers themselves, and tell other ranchers they are not to be approached. A theory on the origin of the mysterious slime suggests it is a tarr that was broken down back into a slime via water or the slime ocean. The evidence comes from the plorts, the plorts are made up of very strange dna, it seems to be mixed up, similar to that of the tarr due to its multiple slime structure. The plorts also can be used to transform other slimes into largos, but not itself, and they seem to lose the plort diet, and the largo doesn't have a lot of differences between the original slime, except it is slightly more transparent, but other then that they are just bigger. The theory suggests because of the strong ties to their dna already, so they simply just grow. This theory is known as 'Ghostly DNA'

The scientist is not good with names.

Possible Threats to Ranchers: These little ghosts are quite a nuisance at night, they will attempt to eat other kinds of slime plorts, they however will not become a largo, so they have no benefits from this behavior, they will also try to escape while you are not at the ranch at night, making them very hard to monitor, so make regular returns during your night explorations. They will also be able to escape easily in sunlight, simply fading away into the shadows, so a sun shield is recommended to keep them within the corral. They also scare other Slimes, due to their similar appearance of a Tarr, so if you want to keep your ranch calm, keep them away from other Corrals!

Possible plortonomics: The plorts from a ghostly Slime are used in many stained glass artwork, or just basic windows, since their plorts are transparent and solid, they are easily used for eco-friendly forms of glass.

Basic Summary

-Eats plorts, prefers Honey, cannot become a Largo themselves, another slime must eat the Ghostly Plorts.

-They are Nocturnal, and disappear in sunlight, and hide in nearby caves.

-They look similar to Tarr's, and in turn scare other nearby slimes.

-They attempt escapes at night if unhappy, and they are very good at it because they can float.

-Tarr's accept them as their own.

-Plorts make glass.

If you do wish to use this idea, then you may change anything around if it doesn't fit.

Edit: Updated some things

Edit 2: Drawn by Wanda(Wonda?)

Attachments
Ghostly Slime.png
Terrible Concept Art
Ghostly Slime.png (10.57 KiB) Viewed 26446 times
Last edited by DeltaStorm on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:17 pm

I like the idea but I think they would be too common for the price of their Plorts. If their Plorts are worth 50 they should only spawn at night when you kill a slime with a chance of 1/15. Or just increase the price of their plorts to 75 and decrease the spawn rate to 1/30. Decreasing the price of the plorts wouldn't be a good idea since we need higher tier Slimes.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Nakhryn wrote:I like the idea but I think they would be too common for the price of their Plorts. If their Plorts are worth 50 they should only spawn at night when you kill a slime with a chance of 1/15. Or just increase the price of their plorts to 75 and decrease the spawn rate to 1/30. Decreasing the price of the plorts wouldn't be a good idea since we need higher tier Slimes.

Adding these into the main post now, thank you.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Hiding » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Cool idea but i do feel they should redo plorts so value isnt based entrily around price. May be make a very rare craftable item need its plort or like some item may use its plort as fuel making it very valuable without needing a high price.

Maybe like a camoflage armor or scare armor or something.
Hiding
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Hiding wrote:Cool idea but i do feel they should redo plorts so value isnt based entrily around price. May be make a very rare craftable item need its plort or like some item may use its plort as fuel making it very valuable without needing a high price.

You are coming up with crazy good ideas! But then again , they could just add this as a Suit upgrade. it could be something like "Stealth Chip Mk 1" And every tier of it would make diffrent agressive slimes stop attacking you. Example, The Mk 1 could make you invisible to Rock Slimes and at Mk 4, It would affect Agressive Largos aswell.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Hiding wrote:Cool idea but i do feel they should redo plorts so value isnt based entrily around price. May be make a very rare craftable item need its plort or like some item may use its plort as fuel making it very valuable without needing a high price.

Good idea, or maybe it could be an upgrade for your vacpack where you power it with the ghostly plorts
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:11 am

Nakhryn wrote:

You are coming up with crazy good ideas! But then again , they could just add this as a Suit upgrade. it could be something like "Stealth Chip Mk 1" And every tier of it would make diffrent agressive slimes stop attacking you. Example, The Mk 1 could make you invisible to Rock Slimes and at Mk 4, It would affect Agressive Largos aswell.

Yeah, we could also use plorts to fuel certain equipment as well, instead of our energy as an option. (Like the boom slime could power the jetpack very well as opposed to the energy)
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:20 pm

Revised the idea. Balanced stuff, added to the slimeology.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby zat4 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:20 pm

These ghost slimes are really cool! Seeing as they scare other slimes you could use them to ward off hostel slimes on your farm.
zat4
Chickadoo

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:04 pm

zat4 wrote:These ghost slimes are really cool! Seeing as they scare other slimes you could use them to ward off hostel slimes on your farm.

Thanks! I'm thinking of modding them in tomorrow, start the first slime rancher mod.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:50 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:
zat4 wrote:These ghost slimes are really cool! Seeing as they scare other slimes you could use them to ward off hostel slimes on your farm.

Thanks! I'm thinking of modding them in tomorrow, start the first slime rancher mod.

Oooh I can't wait to see the results!!! :O
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby zat4 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:51 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:

Hurray for ghost slime mod! Yay!
zat4
Chickadoo

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:32 am

It won't be done in one day though, since it has a unique diet and all :P
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:33 am

dang, can't edit unity games like that, oh well :/
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Updated it a lil' bit with Wanda's amazin' drawing.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:06 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:dang, can't edit unity games like that, oh well :/

That's too bad! Hopefully someone finds a way to mod Slimes in. I really want to see the Ghost slime.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:08 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:dang, can't edit unity games like that, oh well :/

That's too bad! Hopefully someone finds a way to mod Slimes in. I really want to see the Ghost slime.

Yeah, unity seems to hate modding for some reason (However I have seen KSP been modded before, but i'm not sure how they modded it in the first place)
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby irdog » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:41 pm

BEST IDEA EVER I love it i mean they could be very usefull
Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
irdog
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:42 pm

irdog wrote:BEST IDEA EVER I love it i mean they could be very usefull

Thanks!
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby irdog » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:45 pm

Also, are Ghost Slimes the scare slimes in the crops? (i think that would be a cool thing like the scare slimes at night would spawn Ghost Slimes rare of course)
Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
irdog
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:56 pm

irdog wrote:Also, are Ghost Slimes the scare slimes in the crops? (i think that would be a cool thing like the scare slimes at night would spawn Ghost Slimes rare of course)

The scareslimes are made to look like the Tarrs. And a Scarecrow doesn't really have anything to do with ghosts. :P
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
irdog wrote:Also, are Ghost Slimes the scare slimes in the crops? (i think that would be a cool thing like the scare slimes at night would spawn Ghost Slimes rare of course)

The scareslimes are made to look like the Tarrs. And a Scarecrow doesn't really have anything to do with ghosts. :P

I think they would look like my profile image, similar to a Tarr from afar but not upclose.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby YongYoKyo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:14 pm

Just some criticism to improve your idea.

Perhaps removing any mentions of "spirits" from its Slimeology. The game has sci-fi 'pseudoscience,' not fantasy magic.

Also, if the Ghostly Slime can't become a Largo, other Slimes shouldn't be able to eat their plorts to become Ghostly Largos. It wouldn't make sense, plus the Plort-diet aspect of the Ghostly Slime would conflict too much with how the other Slimes interact with plorts.

Overall, there's little incentives to actually ranch these Slimes, unless their plorts are really valuable. They can't be in sunlight. They are apparently good at escaping. They can't be kept near other Slimes because they'll agitate the other Slimes and may eat their plorts before the rancher can collect them. Their 'scaring' ability may be useful, but Gardens already come with a Scareslime upgrade.
YongYoKyo
Chickadoo

Postby DeltaStorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:17 pm

YongYoKyo wrote:Just some criticism to improve your idea.

Perhaps removing any mentions of "spirits" from its Slimeology. The game has sci-fi 'pseudoscience,' not fantasy magic.

Also, if the Ghostly Slime can't become a Largo, other Slimes shouldn't be able to eat their plorts to become Ghostly Largos. It wouldn't make sense, plus the Plort-diet aspect of the Ghostly Slime would conflict too much with how the other Slimes interact with plorts.

Overall, there's little incentives to actually ranch these Slimes, unless their plorts are really valuable. They can't be in sunlight. They are apparently good at escaping. They can't be kept near other Slimes because they'll agitate the other Slimes and may eat their plorts before the rancher can collect them. Their 'scaring' ability may be useful, but Gardens already come with a Scareslime upgrade.

Slime that can devour chickens whole and can combust into explosion sounds like a fantasy to me.

Also how would it not make sense?

I'm pretty sure my post said they couldn't eat their own plorts 'Diet: Other Plorts'

The plorts are worth 75-90, that is over double the highest tier slime apart from the golds.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby YongYoKyo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:22 pm

The Boom Slimes has a scientific (even if it's unrealistic) explanation behind their explosions. No magic or spirits involved.

Your post said that Ghostly Slimes cannot become Ghostly Largos, but other types of Slimes can eat Ghostly plorts to become Ghostly Largos. A Ghostly Largo would have both the Plort-diet of the Ghostly Slime and the regular diet of the other Slime, and that would conflict with how Largos can eat plorts to become Tarrs.

Edit: Also, both component Slimes should have the potential to become a Largo. One shouldn't be able to become one while the other can't. Ghostly Slimes should be treated like Puddle Slimes; just like how they can't become Largos, other Slimes shouldn't be able to become Ghostly Largos.
YongYoKyo
Chickadoo

Next

Return to Creative