[Gameplay Idea] Tarrs Evolved! Tarr Invasions!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Gameplay Idea] Tarrs Evolved! Tarr Invasions!

Postby TheBluLegend » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Tarrs don't pose much of a threat later on in the game. Because once you have your farm maxed out and you have the slimes you want there really isn't a reason to go exploring. So to give them more purpose, lets evolve them.

Tarr Invasions.

Every once in a while a Tarr might show up but he is no big deal right? Because you can just launch him into the sea and be done with him. But what if the Tarrs could communicate? If a tarr manages to get into the premise of the farm there is a chance it could call in a herd of Tarrs. The herd that attacks stays somewhat together and will go after each pin. Tarrs will try to get into your Corrals but to do so they must attack the wall of the Corral until it breaks. When they attack the slimes in that Corral they will panic and move the the opposite side of whatever side the Tarr is attacking. In order to deal with them is simple. In order to actual have more of a reason to have a Pond and/or incinerator you can use these too keep those Tarr herds at bay. You can get rid of them much faster then throwing them in the sea. And there is more of an urgency when your entire farm is at risk!
As I said before this has a small chance of happening when a Tarr manages to get in but there is a small chance for Tarr to attack at random, this would be highly unlikely obviously but still can happen.

This is just a little idea to give the Tarr more game time. I know it'd be a little annoying but if its rare it'd just be a little more action that could happen at the farm every once in awhile.
Let me know what you guys think!
Last edited by TheBluLegend on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peaceful Night Skys and Warm Sunrises.

I'd love some Feed back on these gameplay ideas!
Tarr Invasions: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1971

Home Upgrading and Pets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1941
TheBluLegend
Chickadoo

Re: [Gameplay Idea] Tarrs Evolved! Tarr Invasions!

Postby kinghingle » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:17 am

I'd like to see that made part of a difficulty setting, as much as a value the peacefulness of the game it would also be good to have things shaken up more too
kinghingle
Plort

Postby Onyxdragon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:41 am

kinghingle wrote:I'd like to see that made part of a difficulty setting, as much as a value the peacefulness of the game it would also be good to have things shaken up more too

I think it would be

Peaceful- No tarr invasions

Normal- Tarr invasions happen every 3-7 days

Hard- Tarr invasions every 1-2 days

Apocalypse Mode- Tarrs keep on coming non stop
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Postby PancakeTheRancher » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:57 am

kinghingle wrote:I'd like to see that made part of a difficulty setting, as much as a value the peacefulness of the game it would also be good to have things shaken up more too

I was thinking the same thing! :D

But maybe it's only enabled if you haven't left the ranch for 24 hrs this makes it as if the Tarrs are looking for you because Tarrs fav food are ranchers
THE LEGENDARY PANCAKE REAPEEARS!!!!!!!

Ii'm back!
PancakeTheRancher
Rancher

Return to General Discussion