[Gameplay Ideas] Home Upgrading, Pet Slime, and More!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Gameplay Ideas] Home Upgrading, Pet Slime, and More!

Postby TheBluLegend » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Have you bought every Vacpack upgrade and have all your plots fully upgraded and yet after all that you still have so much money and don't know what to do with it? Well let me make a suggestion for a future update that will fix this!

Home Upgrades!
I was taking a look at the nice little home I got on the ranch and thought to myself wouldn't be nice to actually explore the inside? Then I got to thinking, It would be nice to be able to purchase furniture and make your home even more cozy. So I know even if this got implemented it'd be quite some time before then cause more slimes and areas probably should have priority over this. But I thought it would be something nice to have as a End game goal maybe? Upgrading the exterior of the house, purchasing furniture, such as Tables, Chairs, Paintings. ect. They come in the mail a few days later then you get to place them how ever you want. And just so it isn't just for show you can maybe add some other types of furniture, something like a nest for a pet slime you can name and maybe somehow help you with your adventures?

Pet Slime!
I'd like to delve deeper on how a Pet Slime would work so I'm adding to this post.
Before you can acquire a Pet slime you first need to have the furniture, Slime Nest placed in your home for you pet to stay in. Once you do that you can bring one Slime in the vac pack and place him in the nest once you do that you are given the option of naming the slime. Now your slimy companion can be just for show but you can take him on adventure with you! To aid you you can add different plorts. For Example:

Pink Slime
Bouncy friend!
You can use your pink fellow to reach new heights by bouncing off them!

Phosphorous Slime
Brings a whole new light to the situation!
Lighting up dark areas and flying high enough to just keep out of reach of those nasty tarr slimes!

Tabby Slime
Meow.
Can keep up with you better with its feline agility!

Honey Slime!
Sweet pal!
Calms down the aggressive slimes around you.

Boom Slime!
Explosive Buddy!
Stuns aggressive slimes and tarrs by exploding! (Note: Your pet's explosions do not hurt you!)

Rock Slime
Rock n' Roll!
Rolls into nearby slimes and tarrs knocking them back and giving you some breathing room!

Keep in mind your Pet must be fed or he will become untamed!

Vac-Pack Upgrades

The Evaporation Tank

Give you an extra slot just for water! It constantly takes the water in the air and puts it in your tank! Of course this takes awhile so you only get water every 10 seconds or so but you can upgrade it to make it more efficient!

The Tornado Module

Items are pulled towards you much faster! This can be upgraded to increase the speed of whats pulled in and also the velocity of whats fired from the vac-pack!

I don't know, maybe this is just a bunch of silly ideas that I'd personally like in the game. Anyway I'd like some feedback from the rest of ya'll in the community on how you would feel about these ideas in the game!
Last edited by TheBluLegend on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peaceful Night Skys and Warm Sunrises.

I'd love some Feed back on these gameplay ideas!
Tarr Invasions: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1971

Home Upgrading and Pets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1941
TheBluLegend
Chickadoo

Re: [Gameplay Idea] Home Upgrading!

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 pm

Yeah, Welcome to the forums, TheBluLegend

This is a good idea and I think that it would be a good idea in the game
Also you should put this in the General Discussion Forum because the Creative forum is for Drawings, Paintings and anything art related. :D
~~ Just a Cool Dude that Loves SLIME RANCHER :D ~~

Slime Ideas: Electric Slime, Vamp Slime, Wolf Slime, Fairy Slime, Eagle Slime

~~ Avatar made by Sectanza :D ~~
Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:35 pm

Plumpette wrote:That might be a good idea Xedric. I'll ask a mod about a move! (not that the thread is unwelcome in creative, but you could get more feedback/responses for your ideas in general, it's a pretty cool idea TheBluLegend ^_^)

Yeah, thanks for that! :D
~~ Just a Cool Dude that Loves SLIME RANCHER :D ~~

Slime Ideas: Electric Slime, Vamp Slime, Wolf Slime, Fairy Slime, Eagle Slime

~~ Avatar made by Sectanza :D ~~
Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby TheBluLegend » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:59 am

Aw, Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I'm happy to be here!

I agree that this is probably best in the General Discussion and not Creative. Thanks for getting it moved!
Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll keep it in mind that gameplay suggestions would be best in the General Discussion. :D
Peaceful Night Skys and Warm Sunrises.

I'd love some Feed back on these gameplay ideas!
Tarr Invasions: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1971

Home Upgrading and Pets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1941
TheBluLegend
Chickadoo

Re: [Gameplay Ideas] Home Upgrading, Pet Slime, and More!

Postby Heather » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Welcome to our community, a lot of great ideas here.
Happy to move it for you as well :)
Heather
Admin

Return to General Discussion