Able to enter blocked off area

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Able to enter blocked off area

Postby lukepkrees » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:41 am

So as I was playing I passed by this place where pink rock largos popped out angry ones now and found a blocked off area but using the jet pack I was able to get to what I'm guessing is a future desert area

The desert area does look cool but right now with no slimes, planets or anything else there it's a bit boring.
Your friendly neighbor hood tarr

Nom Nom Nom
lukepkrees
Rancher

Re: Able to enter blocked off area

Postby Ghandhikus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:56 am

There are a lot of areas that are unfinished yet. If you are adventuring then try to find all 3 big slimes :)
Game designer and programmer.
fb.com/TheIslandsGame
Ghandhikus
Chickadoo

Postby lukepkrees » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:12 am

wait there are three I only found the one on the island close to your ranch
Your friendly neighbor hood tarr

Nom Nom Nom
lukepkrees
Rancher

Postby coolm5224 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:23 am

theres pink, tabby, and phosphor :)
feed them
Thanks to SpeedXaaa for the amazing avatar!
coolm5224
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:43 am

I think the devs said that's not the Glass Desert as the Glass Desert hasn't been built yet.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:38 pm

It's the Quarry
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

^

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Nick said it's not.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Re: ^

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:35 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:Nick said it's not.

Well you're totally right. He just informed us that it is part of the Dry Reef and that it will be fleshed out later on. All the WIP areas aren't in the game right now.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Daikaze » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:50 pm

With the jetpack and some clever use of terrain, I've maanged to glimpse some of the areas that are in development.

One area (I think this is the one being mentioned in the OP) seemed to be fleshed out already, with some ruins and large bones. Basically, it looked to be a continuation of the reef biome.

There's another area you can actually see before the first Slime Gate. It looks like some sort of temple, but it looks like one of the "under construction" paths will lead out to it. If you climb high enough you can fly out there. It has a stone ring... It kind of looks like there'd be some sort of Guardian Slime out there.

The last one is behind the second Slime Gate, but I couldn't find a way in. If you go above it, you'll find it's sealed up, making me think that this part will be a cave or some sort of jungle-temple interior (like Indiana Jones).
Daikaze
Plort

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:57 pm

Daikaze wrote:With the jetpack and some clever use of terrain, I've maanged to glimpse some of the areas that are in development.

One area (I think this is the one being mentioned in the OP) seemed to be fleshed out already, with some ruins and large bones. Basically, it looked to be a continuation of the reef biome.

There's another area you can actually see before the first Slime Gate. It looks like some sort of temple, but it looks like one of the "under construction" paths will lead out to it. If you climb high enough you can fly out there. It has a stone ring... It kind of looks like there'd be some sort of Guardian Slime out there.

The last one is behind the second Slime Gate, but I couldn't find a way in. If you go above it, you'll find it's sealed up, making me think that this part will be a cave or some sort of jungle-temple interior (like Indiana Jones).

The second slime gate is probably going to lead underground where you can find Hunter Slimes (Radiation Slimes) since the second Ancient Slime key is already available and the Hunter Plorts are the next tier on the list .
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Nakhryn wrote:
Daikaze wrote:With the jetpack and some clever use of terrain, I've maanged to glimpse some of the areas that are in development.

The second slime gate is probably going to lead underground where you can find Hunter Slimes (Radiation Slimes) since the second Ancient Slime key is already available and the Hunter Plorts are the next tier on the list .

I have incredible doubts on that considering there's aleasy a Quarry planned (presumidly an underground area) and getting there is a bronze medal while Moss Blanket is a silver medal.

Also, rad slime =/= hunter slime.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:19 pm

CrazeePi wrote:
Nakhryn wrote:

I have incredible doubts on that considering there's aleasy a Quarry planned (presumidly an underground area) and getting there is a bronze medal while Moss Blanket is a silver medal.

Also, rad slime =/= hunter slime.

Good point. And Radiation slimes aren't Hunter slimes? I feel somewhat stupid now. I guess I got to that conclusion because I saw the Radiation slimes in the Menu and the only unavailable slime mentionned in the game right now is the Hunter Slime. And in my head , Hunter = Green/Mossy like the Green plort.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Return to General Discussion