A little feedback

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

A little feedback

Postby zolton35 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Ok i'm new to these forums but thought i'd chime in on what i love about this game and what i think could use some tinkering. I know not all of my points will be agreed on by others. But still feel i should chime in.

1.The first thing is i love the aspect of farming within the game using various vegetables fruits and even hens. The problems i see out of this is that at a certain point in the game most of the others become useless as you begin farming mint mangos cube berries and heart beets as just a few examples. Making all your slimes a honey hybrid makes mango and cube berries your main fruits to grow. And makes others obsolete. A fix for this would be to make hybrids of two only eat one specific thing. Also give us a shop to spend our money on food would help with having to much money as when you progress so far it becomes a moot point collecting cash.

2.More upgrades to the various tools would be nice as well so we are always advancing and have some thing to spend money on and some thing to work towards. As well as more upgrades to the sprint/hover energy and health.

3.Make slimes that are combined truly unique and give 1 port of that type instead of 2 from two different types. And give them a random chance to be one or the other of two possible evolutions. This would give us more reasons to combine different types and to experiment. And you could go further in letting us combine 2 unique slimes to get another truly unique slime. And this would make it a bit more of a time killer in game trying all of these various combinations out. As well as a lot more variations of different slimes we can have on our farms.

4.This game is gaining ground and becoming more and more popular. Many youtubers doing lets plays of it such as Jacksepticeye and Markiplier both with millions of viewers as an example. But they need things to do within the game to show off and show how much fun this game is. So some more content updates more frequently would help to give them more to show off. I'm no developer so i do not know how much time is invested to give some regular small updates to help promote your game via these youtubers. But it might be worth thinking about nonetheless.

5.Please add some upgrades to the water slime coral. An auto port collector and a watering function would be nice to give us more to spend that money in game on. And it be nice to collect it without displacing our water slimes or sucking them up in the process.

6.It be nice if we had more expansions we can buy on our farms like adding land mass behind our home so we can then add more plots and such so we can raise even more slimes and have more gardens and such.

Those would be my suggestions if i were to suggest some things. Right now once you have the best slimes with the most valuable port producing upgrades and farms growing it starts to become a bit stale as then you spend most of your time at the farm running around collecting food feeding the slimes collecting ports selling rinse and repeat.

That becomes fun in itself for a while until you have all the available upgrades all areas unlocked and nothing else to spend money on. Then what? Please do not get me wrong. I love this game. And i can not wait to see more added to it and to see what direction you take with it. I would just love more to do within the game. And i hope you do not take it as me stepping on your toes or any offense from it as that is not my intention.

I know this is still being developed. And many new things will be coming on the horizon. And i know you guys are working hard on the game and have put a lot of love and attention into the game. And it shows. So i do not want to sound ungrateful with this post. I just thought i'd give you a bit of feedback from my perspective of what i personally would love to see added. Any way guys keep up the good work and like i said i can hardly wait to see where you go from here with this game.
zolton35
Plort

Re: A little feedback

Postby zolton35 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:10 am

Just to add. If you go the way of unique slimes rather then combinations of slimes like we have now you could involve the community to submit pictures and names of various slimes further involving the community with the game by giving them a chance that their submission could be added.
zolton35
Plort

Postby PlushKlavier » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:34 am

Welcome to the forums!
I really like the idea of largos having two forms and having a chance to get the one or the other form and producing unique plorts, or rather have the two plorts they would normally poop out be combined into one!
But I'm afraid if you try to turn them into another form from there on you will end up with Tarr because largos eating plorts different from theirs will be turned into Tarr

Also keep an eye on the Development Roadmap here so you can check what updates are already planned and you know what will be coming in the future :)
Come find me on my Tumblr!
plushklavier.tumblr.com
PlushKlavier
Rancher

Postby Heather » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Welcome to our community! We hope you enjoy your time here.... and thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Follow that link Plush shared with you, you'll see much of what you suggested is already planned for the future :)

Keep the ideas coming!
Heather
Admin

Postby zolton35 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:28 am

Thanks guys. I did in fact read the road map with things that are coming. But there is very little details under it. It mentions expansions to the ranch but nothing that we could expect exactly hence why i suggested some things that are specific.

And i hope they do change the way in which we mix the slimes and the results. Getting 2 different plorts kinda floods you with cash. And there is not much reason to experiment as we know what we get feeding a boom plort to a honey slime. And knowing that those are the best money makers not much point in doing any other slimes to earn cash.

Same thing with farming crops. Having a lot of honey boom slimes feeding them mint mangos why do any thing else to gain cash? It be nice if there was incentives to grow other crops and having many different ways to make cash and experimenting with mixing the various slimes. Just a thought.
zolton35
Plort

Postby kinghingle » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:14 am

Am a fan of making the Largos a unique type each, I thought all of that was fair comment
kinghingle
Plort

Return to General Discussion