Feedback & Suggestions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Feedback & Suggestions

Postby OMGZombehs » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:49 am

This thread is my personal feedback and suggestion thread, but I don't mind people sharing their ideas here. I like discussing them. Just wanted to let you know this isn't an official thread or anything. Though I might add suggestions I really like to my list.

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k CPU @ 4 GHz
RAM: 8 GB

Graphics:
  • General: No issues. So smooth and delightful.
  • Artistic/Style: I wanna rub my face on every slime, tree, and edible I've come across so far. >u <
Sounds:
  • Music: Lovely. <3
  • Carrots: The sound of carrots popping out of the ground startlingly clashes with the soft burble of bouncing happy slimes and sleepy ranch music.
Indicators:
  • Mail: I don't always notice that I have mail. The mail icon doesn't stand out very well.
  • Trades: It seems like there are new trades occasionally (everyday?). An indicator that there is a new trade available would be sweet.
Corrals:
  • Auto-feeder and Plort Collector ports sometimes face walls (in the cave area particularly) and it can be awkward refilling food or collecting.
  • Slime counter to indicate how many slimes are in a corral.
Gameplay:
  • Ranch Exchange:
    * The trades requested are sometimes improbable. Either they can't be completed in time, or are such an unfair trade there isn't a reason to bother.
    * I very much enjoy seeing the other ranchers and reading their messages on offers. ^u ^
    * Having a way to choose what offers I'd attempt or accept would make the system feel more meaningful.
    * Especially if you could level up individual ranchers to unlock more trades and dialogue with them.
Slimes:
  • Sky or air slimes. Slimes that can float in the sky and/or prefer high hidden perches. (Via ryuuchu)
GIFs:
  • Tabby-Phosphor Largo clipping through ground in Grotto corral. X
  • Shrinking shrubs in an out of the way place I can't remember. X
Last edited by OMGZombehs on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Whee! Whoa! Woo hoo!
OMGZombehs
Rancher

Re: Feedback & Suggestions

Postby OMGZombehs » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:15 pm

I'd really like the corrals to indicate how many slimes are in them. Counting them can be a pain when there are a lot or they're bouncing around. Especially since it seems I can only have so many slimes in an area before others start despawning.
Whee! Whoa! Woo hoo!
OMGZombehs
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:27 pm

The slime counter has been suggested by a big percentage of players and might be implemented in future updates.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby OMGZombehs » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Makes sense, and I'm glad to hear it. ^u ^
Whee! Whoa! Woo hoo!
OMGZombehs
Rancher

Postby ryuuchu » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:49 pm

I think it would be cool to add "High winds" over the oceans that make Jet packing to new areas a lot harder to do. Also, it could be cool to have unique floaty slimes that could only be found high up in the sky floating around. Probably not above the ocean, just in high areas.
ryuuchu
Plort

Postby Cherriey » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Obviously I don't know what else is coming for this game so if the suggestions I give are already on the way please forgive me.

I've noticed that by day 14 I am pretty set financially and getting upgrades for everything is really not much of a challenge. Could we add more things to purchase? Land vehicles? Or hover cars? The vehicles could be like mobile silos so we could cart large amounts of items around with us. Being able to purchase and do things with the house or other areas might be nice things to work toward. It feels weird having all this money but nothing to spend it on.

Currently that is the only thing on my mind. I could have just missed some upgrades but not many.
Cherriey
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:52 pm

Cherriey wrote:Obviously I don't know what else is coming for this game so if the suggestions I give are already on the way please forgive me.

I've noticed that by day 14 I am pretty set financially and getting upgrades for everything is really not much of a challenge. Could we add more things to purchase? Land vehicles? Or hover cars? The vehicles could be like mobile silos so we could cart large amounts of items around with us. Being able to purchase and do things with the house or other areas might be nice things to work toward. It feels weird having all this money but nothing to spend it on.

Currently that is the only thing on my mind. I could have just missed some upgrades but not many.

You wouldn't be able to go anywhere with a vehicle, the entire map is scaled for a single person.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Cherriey » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:07 am

Nakhryn wrote:You wouldn't be able to go anywhere with a vehicle, the entire map is scaled for a single person.

Not if you are in the air just over the walls. If this map ends up being massive it would be really useful. Though I suspect that teleports will help us more there. The vehicle doesn't really matter that much to me honestly. I would just like a bit more to plan and save for financially in the game. =0)
Cherriey
Rancher

Postby OMGZombehs » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:24 am

ryuuchu wrote:I think it would be cool to add "High winds" over the oceans that make Jet packing to new areas a lot harder to do. Also, it could be cool to have unique floaty slimes that could only be found high up in the sky floating around. Probably not above the ocean, just in high areas.

I think the strong air currents could be interesting, but probably lead to a lot of frustrating deaths. Floaty sky slimes sound awesome! I would love to see that!
Maybe the air currents could be used to get the player to an area where sky slimes spawn?

Reminds me of Loopers from Skies of Arcadia...
Image Image Image

These images are of a specific giant one you could find in the sky, but there were smaller ones that were regular enemies in the game. They were different colors depending on their element as well.
Whee! Whoa! Woo hoo!
OMGZombehs
Rancher

Postby OMGZombehs » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:32 am

Cherriey wrote:Obviously I don't know what else is coming for this game so if the suggestions I give are already on the way please forgive me.

Yeah, since it's in Alpha there's definitely more to come, and I'm sure balance is a concern for the developers. The jetpack already covers a LOT of ground (and sky and sea), I can't imagine adding more vehicles. I bet there will be more upgrades though! I'm excited to see what comes next. ^U ^
Whee! Whoa! Woo hoo!
OMGZombehs
Rancher

Postby Elskah » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:06 am

The trades change every day at 12:00 (I can't remember if I found this on the wiki or in the slimepedia, but I read it somewhere and it's accurate). But I do agree, sometimes when I'm waiting for a trade change I'll wander out and then it'll be about 17:00 before I realize there's a new trade and come back. XD A notification for new trades (and also new mail) would be super sweet.

And I agree on the auto-feeder and plort collector thing. They need to be more easily accessible.

As Nakhryn said, the slime counter has already been suggested a lot, but I really want to see it in the game! I also saw someone suggesting getting notifications for when auto-feeders are empty, plort collectors are full, or slimes are out of their corrals, and other things like that. I feel like those could be implemented together. :D
Those stripes, that tail, that wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
Elskah
Rancher

Postby OMGZombehs » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:20 am

Elskah wrote:As Nakhryn said, the slime counter has already been suggested a lot, but I really want to see it in the game! I also saw someone suggesting getting notifications for when auto-feeders are empty, plort collectors are full, or slimes are out of their corrals, and other things like that. I feel like those could be implemented together. :D

Now I'm just imagining a rancher out chasing slimes when their watch starts beeping wildly; Alert: Slimes missing in Corral(s) 1, 3, and 6.
A second later; Alert: Tarr Slime detected in Main Ranch. Alert: Slimes missing in Corral(s) 1, 2,3.....

That'd be a bad day. -.-
Whee! Whoa! Woo hoo!
OMGZombehs
Rancher

Return to General Discussion