Slime Goo (for art/pixelart uses)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slime Goo (for art/pixelart uses)

Postby LaDestitute » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:28 pm

(inspired by Nick's response to my topic here)

---Introduction---
Slime goo could be extracted from slimes, using a new ranch structure or if a slime goo splotch is big enough, just vac'd up with the vacpack before it disappear. For the latter, maybe even the biggest splotches add just a little to a tank slot, so you'd need multiple amounts just to get a decent amount going.

When applied in application via shooting, it'll function like the spray nozzle from Super Mario Sunshine and spray the goo onto a surface in a line. Unlike goo from naturally generated slimes, this sprayed goo sticks around for a long time. Equipable vacpack upgrades could be used to change the "brush" such as to make the spray line thicker or thinner, and even an upgrade to halve goo consumption.

---Paint Station---
Cost: 300 Newbucks
Description: An artist's best friend, next to their canvas and brush...oh, and their paint, that too.
Upgrades: Mixing Tank (cost: 425 Newbucks, allows the player to mix the basic kind of goos to produce new ones or pre-existing ones)

---Vacpack Upgrades---
Spray Nozzle: Costs 200 Newbucks, allows the player to paint on surfaces with goo. Comes with a standard line thickness. Leftclick sprays, rightclick erases (note: imagine the line thickness being 1px or so in a program like Paint or GIMP)
Nozzle Upgrade I: Costs 100 Newbucks, doubles or halves thickness of spray with right/left click, can be switched out with default
Nozzle Upgrade II: Costs 175 Newbucks, when set to active with a keypress, leftclick darkens sprayed goo, rightclick lightens
Nozzle Upgrade III: Costs 250 Newbucks, the final upgrade. Adds the passive abilities of extending spray reach and a 30% chance of halving goo consumption during each spray and adds a new togglable Invert mode (i.e, causes Red Goo to become Cyan Goo or Yellow Goo to become Blue Goo when sprayed)

---Goos---
Pink Goo: The most common of goos, but it is still highly popular among artists for it's hot-pink color. Its also fairly popular among the fashion scene on Earth.
Source: Pink Slimes

Red Goo: A rich in color red hue, and is rare and in demand due to the danger and difficulty with Boom Slimes. People who work to collect Red Goo often have injuries as a result, and get hazard pay.
Source: Boom Slimes

Gold Goo: A special goo that has a natural luster exactly like the precious metal gold. As a result, it is highly valued, and paintings made using Gold Goo are worth hundreds of Newbucks. It is in vogue in high-class society as the goto commodity for house decor and fashion.
Source: Gold Slimes, and only through splotches left on walls. Even a small splotch will give 1 unit for a vacpack slot, unlike other goo colors.

Yellow Goo: A yellow goo with a sweet aroma, just like it's respective slime. It is popular like blue or red goo, due to being a primary color.
Source: Honey Slimes

White Goo: Its name is misleading, as white goo is more of a light blueish-purple hue. It is popular among teenagers, skaters, indie artists, and more, due to the fact it glows in the dark like Phosphor Slimes.
Source: Phosphor Slimes

Cyan Goo: A cyan goo with a nice soothing watercolor like hue to it. It is popular among nature artists. Similar in color to Blue Goo, it is sometimes often more used than Blue Goo, due to noticeably less hazard in collecting it.
Source: Puddle Slimes

Blue Goo: A deep vibrant blue, and was notable to have been used with Cyan Goo in a highly famous painting of The Slime Sea. Like Green Goo or Red Goo, collecting it involves hazards to workers.
Source: Rock Slimes

Grey Goo: A color neutral grey goo in the middle between black and white. It is very common used, ranging from house painting, food coloring bases, and painting dishes and cups before firing.
Source: Tabby Slimes

Green Goo: Like raddies, green goo requires special suits and gloves to handle, and its usage in art and commerce is legally forbidden due to health risks. It was previously used in art and industry before people discovered its reactive effects, causing a similar fallout with lead. If one wishes to use Green Goo, beware of your health!
Source: Rad Slimes

Black Goo: A dark colorless black goo, and is collected from The Tarr. It was formerly the rarest and strangely as sought after as Gold Goo is, due to the mass danger involved collecting it. Now, slime scientists have figured out how to synthesize Black Goo in labs.
Source: The Tarr

---Mixed Goos---
Default Goos = Pink, Red, Gold, Yellow, White, Cyan, Blue, Grey, Green, Black
Any Goo of the same kind combined twice: Twice the saturation (i.e, Bright Blue Goo)
Any Goo combined with White except Blue = Light version (Light Green Goo)
Any Goo combined with Black or Grey except Red = Dark version (Dark Yellow Goo)
Any Goo besides Grey/White with Gold = Shiny version
Any Goo combined with Bright White except Blue or Gold = Glowing version
Red + Yellow = Orange Goo
Red + Blue = Purple Goo
Yellow + Blue = Green Goo
Red + White = Pink Goo
Red + Black = Maroon Goo
Green + Blue = Turquoise Goo? (not sure on the color mixing science)
Blue + White = Cyan Goo
Red + Green = Brown Goo
Black + White = Grey Goo
Gold + Grey = Silver Goo
Gold + White = Platinum Goo
LaDestitute
Rancher

Re: Slime Goo (for art/pixelart uses)

Postby Nunn » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:06 am

This is really neat. I would love to customize a more developed ranch.
Nunn
Rancher

Re: Slime Goo (for art/pixelart uses)

Postby FishFruit14 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:53 am

It's that Reddit guy again!

So, you already know my opinion, but I'll restate it.

While thought out, this doesn't really seem to fit the game nor be useful, and the developers probably have more gameplay oriented things to be working on.
Sectanza made my amazing spider slime avatar!!! Thanks, Sectanza!!!
FishFruit14
Rancher

Return to General Discussion