[Updated - Jan.2] Slime Ideas!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: [Updated - Jan.2] Slime Ideas!

Postby Mellorine » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:46 am

Kiba wrote:I already made bunny slime and he's better and more awesomer than any other bunny slime to ever exist :U

Agreed!(..but great minds do think alike!)
I refuse -
Mellorine
Rancher

Postby Kiba » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:37 am

Mellorine wrote:Agreed!(..but great minds do think alike!)

"...but fools rarely differ." I am an imbecile, you would do well not to take my side on even trivial matters such as this. If I say my bunny slime is awesome then you should know that the opposite is the truth.
Kiba
Rancher

Postby Hiding » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Mellorine wrote:
RoyalStarlord wrote:I would like for there to be a queen slime, if possible. '3'

Hiding wrote:Draw a king metal slime, etc

Sorry, but those ideas don't really fancy my muse.

Mine was a joke. See dragon quest
Hiding
Rancher

Postby Gobledigmus » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Epic drawings! I hope they get implemented, they're so cute! ^^
The only thing I don't think that is needed would be the Sea Slime because of the already existing Puddle Slime.

What about a "Camouflage Slime" that either can get transparent or (what I think would be more interesting) takes on the form of environment objects? :)
Other ideas: a "Sponge Slime" and a "Volcano Slime". What do you think about that? :)
If you want to see the descriptions just check the "your custom slime!" thread where I already posted those ideas. ^^
I would really appreciate seeing drawings of them. c:
Last edited by Gobledigmus on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gobledigmus
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:53 pm

Gobledigmus wrote:Epic drawings! I hope they get implemented, they're so cute! ^^
The only thing I don't think that is needed would be the Sea Slime because of the already existing Puddle Slime.

What about a "Camouflage Slime" that either can get transparent or (what I think would be more interesting) takes on the form of environment objects? :)
Or a "Sponge Slime"? What do you think about that? :)
If you want to see the descriptions just check the "your custom slime!" thread where I already posted those two ideas. ^^
I would really appreciate seeing drawings of them. c:

Instead of Camouflage Slime I think it should be a Chameleon Slime. The name first the setting in which it would spawn quite well (The Moss Blanket).
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby Gobledigmus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:46 am

Nakhryn wrote: Instead of Camouflage Slime I think it should be a Chameleon Slime. The name first the setting in which it would spawn quite well (The Moss Blanket).

Well I think a "Chameleon Slime" would just be another Slime based on a real animal. I think we already have too much of them in the whole Forum. Imagine if they all would be implemented (what won't happen for sure):
We would have a lot of slimes only looking and behaving like real animals, which would be extremely boring and not fit into the concept of farming gooey Slime creatures on a far-off planet.

In my opinion a "Camouflage Slime" with some more features than just being able to change its colour or becoming transparent would make sense, while a Chameleon Slime wouldn't be very interesting.
Maybe it could also have the ability of catching food with it's tongue just like a chameleon, but that would be all. I wouldn't give it anything else that would make it more chameleon-like.

That's what I think about all ideas from the users of this forum that are completely based on real animals: All of them would just be another Tabby Slime. I think the Tabby Slime should stay the only one that looks like a real animal, otherwise the idea of it would just be overused.
Another fact that speaks against the ideas based on real animals is that most of them don't really have anything new about them. The Bat Slime for example - no matter how cute it looks - would just be another Phosphor Slime. He shares the same concepts: A winged flying Slime that can only be held in dark places. Also the Bunny Slime: It would in all ways be exactly like the already existing Tabby Slime: Able to jump quite high and having features of a real existing mammal.

The third fact that speaks against more animal-like Slimes is that it would be quite impossible to think of a reasonable story of how their plorts are being used in the industry.
Gobledigmus
Rancher

Postby NanoSlime » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:06 am

This is quite possibly the second most cutest slime thing i have ever seen... well actually the third... the game.. then me (i'm the best Slime) then these cute lil thingies :3
Hi there, my name is NanoSlime_
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC120bdDHlqjUf9epMwrDXxQ
My first Slime Rancher Video (it's now my most popular video EVER): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1BIC1hnauQ

Have a great day!
NanoSlime
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:19 pm

I finally got around to drawing your slimes! Thought I'd put them in your thread too c:

PM me if you want a bigger version of the image!

You can also see them in my own forum thread!

All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Previous

Return to General Discussion