Feedback after playing for a while.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Feedback after playing for a while.

Postby Hex » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:00 am

So I got this game, and am loving it. Slimes are adorable, really polished for Early Access, and has really nice, calming, gameplay. All really good, Solid game. However, it still has room to improve , being in early access. All the stuff mentioned in the development roadmap is really good for the game, so I'm not going to mention that. In my opinion, the game needs two things. More day to day variety, and more content to spend money on.
Currently in Slime Rancher, every day is almost the same. The only thing that changes day to day is the plort prices, and trades available. I think adding more variety day to day, like seasons, weather, or any kind of event, would help to increase playability time. There could be events that happen occasionally in which X slime only spawns during this event. This encourages the player to go back out into the world and explore again, instead of simply staying on the ranch. This isn't the only example of a possible event, and that's one of the reasons I like Slime Rancher- because there is just so much room to expand.
The other thing I said Slime Rancher needs is more content to spend money on. So far most of my profiles have been Create A World, build up a Ranch, collect money, fully upgrade everything, collect more money. And at that point I have absolutely nothing to spend my money on, and end up quitting playing those profiles. More content, such as the new zones, and more resources help, but more things to buy would help even more. There will always be a point a player reaches where there is nothing to do besides collect money, even with more resources and more slimes. I highly suggest cosmetic upgrades. Currently all the upgrades in Slime Rancher are gameplay-oriented, but none of them are grossly expensive, or really end game goals. I think Cosmetic upgrades, such as maybe changing your house, would give players something else to work for. And these should be grossly expensive, because currently the game is lacking end game goals, and ways to spend your thousands upon thousands of newbucks. I would personally love to have a different house on my ranch, and it would give most players an end game goal to work towards.
Overall, I do really love this game, and am very interested to see where it goes. I looked over the development roadmap, and decided to chime in with how I believe the game can improve even further. It really does need a bit more day-to-day variety, and some endgame content, for when you have thousands upon thousands of newbucks. Thanks for reading!
Hex
Plort

Return to General Discussion