Price. Do i need to say much more?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Price. Do i need to say much more?

Postby ADcrafter » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:56 pm

So, huh...
Its strange to be doing this...
*clears throat*
So, the high price is the only reason i didnt already pre-order the game, and seems like i'm not the only one. Simply, this topic is to ask if theres gonna be changes in the price because i sincerely dont think this price is... a good price.
You have seen how much i love this game and try to support it, but i need to say that i dont like the price, and i'm not the only one.
money is the barrier of dreams.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Re: Price. Do i need to say much more?

Postby TurnipKnight » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:41 pm

Sure, for what the game is now the price can be considered a bit high. Remember this is pre-alpha though. The price is not for what you see now, but rather for what you will see in the end. You're paying for the finished product not for the alpha or even beta. I always advocate against buying pre-orders until the game reaches a point where you can clearly see which direction the developers are headed. I believe once we get to that point the price won't seem so unreasonable.
Siht gnivarc rof erom seifirret uoy, tub ti si ruoy deerg taht edam em os.
TurnipKnight
Rancher

Postby ADcrafter » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:59 pm

TurnipKnight wrote:Sure, for what the game is now the price can be considered a bit high. Remember this is pre-alpha though. The price is not for what you see now, but rather for what you will see in the end. You're paying for the finished product not for the alpha or even beta. I always advocate against buying pre-orders until the game reaches a point where you can clearly see which direction the developers are headed. I believe once we get to that point the price won't seem so unreasonable.

Look, bud, i know that. I used to support many indie games in very early states of development, and ive seen many games more promising with smaller prices. Also, theres a huge difference between donating and buying, when donating, you chose the amount, when buying, you do not (thats one difference, you know the other one), and i got to say that this price isnt, well, very good. I really love this game and want to support, but i think once again money will put me back in my journey.
i'm not doing this because I dont want to pay the money, i'm doing this because i think the price is too high.
If i was doing this just for myself, id put things like that in my country, that price is equal to 80 bucks. Thats stupid and immature though, as thats nobodys fault.
I really want the best for the game, and seeing that i'm not the only one complaining about the price made me create this, after all, its better to sell a lot in lower prices than little with big prices.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby Souldrake » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:38 pm

For what the game is, yes. I agree. It's rather high. The game needs a lot more content to make it worth the price and one other thing the game needs a lot of is replayability. Hopefully, they will follow through on that. But like you said, you don't feel like it's worth the price yet. That's fine. Follow the game, wait to see how it goes, then buy it if you like how it turns out. Galactic Civ III's early access was something ridiculous like $150.00 and despite being a great game, I wouldn't pay to play and test it for that kind of price. The decision is yours.
Souldrake
Chickadoo

Postby ADcrafter » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:53 pm

Well, i really care about this game, literally, but as i'm not the only one that doesnt like the price, i'll support the opnions i'm with. You put a good point, but its very common. I've seen with my experience that whats happening now can...
Sigh.
You know, i really dont trust myself too much.
I waited, keeping my thoughts inside me...
And now i have hope.
A hope that.
ALWAYS GETS SHATERED.
To pay a game this early in development, you need to trust the devs, put your love and hope into them.
I trust them.
But the price...
As i just say, buying a game this early isnt just paying money...
Youre paying with your heart.
I know i'm getting too dramatic over a game, but, i really, really dont think that the price...
The price, 20 bucks and your hope...
Is reasonable.
Y'know, when i joined the forum and tried to support the way i could...
I did this because i care.
And i've seen many that wont buy the game because of about 5 bucks.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby TurnipKnight » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:18 pm

ADcrafter wrote:Well, i really care about this game, literally, but as i'm not the only one that doesnt like the price, i'll support the opnions i'm with. You put a good point, but its very common. I've seen with my experience that whats happening now can...
Sigh.
You know, i really dont trust myself too much.
I waited, keeping my thoughts inside me...
And now i have hope.
A hope that.
ALWAYS GETS SHATERED.
To pay a game this early in development, you need to trust the devs, put your love and hope into them.
I trust them.
But the price...
As i just say, buying a game this early isnt just paying money...
Youre paying with your heart.
I know i'm getting too dramatic over a game, but, i really, really dont think that the price...
The price, 20 bucks and your hope...
Is reasonable.
Y'know, when i joined the forum and tried to support the way i could...
I did this because i care.
And i've seen many that wont buy the game because of about 5 bucks.

You're exactly right, hence why I rarely pre-order these days. It's simply too early in development to commit monetary value. Personally, I think the finished product could well be worth the price tag. In the end I guess it just boils down to how much game you expect to get per dollar. So as it stands, yes, the price is too high.
Siht gnivarc rof erom seifirret uoy, tub ti si ruoy deerg taht edam em os.
TurnipKnight
Rancher

Return to General Discussion