A message to the devs: three features

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

A message to the devs: three features

Postby MageMasterMoon » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:53 am

I had an idea.

Three, to be exact.

1. Boats
Late-game content, be able to build a dock in the water below the cliff to the back of the farm. Can buy (expensive) a boat. The boat can be upgraded with speed, a tank to hold slimes, and upgrades to tank, like a roof. The boat can be piloted around the waters, to possible other islands. Allows more content without making the island too big, and allows many new areas and slimes types (fishing up deep ocean slimes, finding sand slimes on a beach-like island, etc.) Would be very late game and allow much more content.

2. The second base.
The least probable idea. You could, in certain areas, pay lots of money (over 1000) to build a small ranch, with one or two building spots and a plort store. Allows very long expeditions out into the wild. and ways to gather lots of types of items and slimes while out there, and not having to go all the way back to the main base. This is very late-game.

3. Multiplayer
Be able to create a server or join one, using internet or LAN. Two types.
Co-op:
Simple. as many people as you want on one farm. All can do the same things as in single player., allows co-op ranching.
Competitive:
Each person has their own farm and island. Each base can be either another island, which would work well with boats. Or each could be part of the island, connected by some land, replacing where the cliff in the back of the ranch is.
You can build defensive buildings, and place them anywhere. Could just be slime turrets that do damage, could spit out rock slimes, explosive slimes, etc. Players can try to steal or sabotage other's ranches, taking slimes or removing upgrades to things. Each player gets a new tool, that can suck up the Tar. Very volatile, and can break on you, but you can sabotage people with it.
New slime: attack slime. A slime that is very dangerous in the wild, but can be put into a new building, the tamer, and, once tamed, you can command them, to attack your friends.
On a nice note, you can cooperate. With your different ranches, you can use the Range Exchange, and trade.

Bonus feature:
Time skip.
You can chose, when creating a world, to start with all things in you base fully built and upgraded, 5000 coins, and all location on the Starting Island unlocked. Useful for just skipping ahead to late-game content.

So there you have it. My ideas to make slime rancher better. They may be stupid, or not work, and I'd be beyond lucky if one actually got in. But maybe, just maybe, one of the ideas, or an element of one, may slip into a dev's mind. Maybe it will someday, somehow, even in a tiny way, make the game better. And I'm happy with that.

Disclamer: I came up with these myself. I couldn't find a 'suggest a feature' article or anything, but if i had an idea you or someone else had at some point, I wasn't trying to steal.
MageMasterMoon
Chickadoo

Re: A message to the devs: three features

Postby Schrodinger » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:07 am

Boat Part: I love it. I love boats.

Second Base part: Meh. Not really. Maybe something like a camp that you can set up in faraway places. But not a second farm.

Multiplayer part:
Co-Op: Yes. Bloddy hugging yes. I can already imagine the slime-battles. Like with snow, using slimes.
Competitive: Nope. I just dont think Slime Rancher is the right game for competitive gaming. It's tp relax, explore and die of cuteness.
Schrodinger
Plort

Postby ADcrafter » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:57 am

Boats: Unlikely (and thats not considering that the devs apparently dont read too many suggestions), If you read about the slime ocean in the slimepedia, you'll see how unlikely this is, and i dont think you would use boats in the really small ponds in the moss blanket.

The Second Base: looks fun, but instead of a base you build to rest, i think there should be a village or a store that you find and rest at, maybe even with NPCs, although thats unlikely.

Multiplayer: as i already said in many of these, i dont think its a good idea.

Time Skip: thats simply cheating, i guess when its still in development thats not bad, as sometimes people may lose their saves, but i dont think it should be a feature when the game is finished.
money is the barrier of dreams.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Opinions on: A message to the devs: three features

Postby coolm5224 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:43 am

Boats: I would love that and was thinking about asking for new islands like that (maybe randomly generated islands would be easier than designing each and every extra island?)

Second Base: Wouldn't seem worth it, could use teleporter to real ranch instead of new ranch

Multiplayer: I love the idea of both of them, even though they're probably not going to be added.

Time Skip: Maybe while in development, not real game though
Thanks to SpeedXaaa for the amazing avatar!
coolm5224
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:54 pm

I'm going to be completely honest, the only good idea in here would be the "Second Base" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Return to General Discussion