The 5-Day Challenge

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: The 5-Day Challenge

Postby Xedric0308 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:36 am

How do I put Screenshots in my posts? also can I still submit my 5 day challenge?
~~ Just a Cool Dude that Loves SLIME RANCHER :D ~~

Slime Ideas: Electric Slime, Vamp Slime, Wolf Slime, Fairy Slime, Eagle Slime

~~ Avatar made by Sectanza :D ~~
Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby Xedric0308 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:06 am

My 1st Attempt:

(This is my First time posting on this forums so please inform me if I posted this correctly tnx :D)

Total of 11,043 newbucks, Which im pretty proud of for my first attempt

(Shoutout to Jay from the Kubz Scouts for managing to get 207 newbucks at Day 5 BRAVO!!!)

Also I was knocked out by my Honey Boom Slimes and woke up at 6:30 on day 5 so hopefully this still counts :D

Day 1
-Got Lucky and found a gold slime but only got to feed it one time
-Collected a bunch of fruits for Slime Key
-Collected Some honey and Boom Slimes for Largos
-Got 2 corrals and upgraded 1 with High walls/Air Net/Plort Collector and the other with Air net/Plort Collector
-Feeded Them and Sold the Plorts

Day 2
-One of my Honey Boom Largos accidentally ate a Pink Plort But I Saved it Luckily
-Collected 2 Puddle Slimes and built a Pond
-Collected Mint Mangoes and Made 2 Farms
-Collected Plorts from Honey Boom Largos and Puddle Slimes

Day 3
-Explored and collected food and plorts
-Collected Mint Mangoes from my farms and fed them to the Largos
-Collected all the plorts and sold them

Day 4
-Collected more Puddle Slimes
-Tried to Feed the Honey Boom Largos but a lot of them exploded to much
-I was Knocked out because of the Honey Boom Largos

Day 5
-Woke up at 6:30
-Collected and Sold the remaining plorts

So this was my 5 Day Challenge Hopefully its still counted because i screenshotted it at 8:40 :D
Last edited by Xedric0308 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:56 am

Jay from Kubz Scouts didn't want to post a screenshot, so I just linked his video here.

So...ImagePlz no hate/warn me for tf2 gif. If it violates tos, i m sry. .---.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby Pokeshadow » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:22 am

Day 1
Bought the jetpack in a second and sprinted towards the Moss Blanket. Used the jetpack to jump on top of the tallest wooden pole on the jetty next to the gate, then from their flew up to the top of the map and jumped into Moss Blanket. Found a gold slime and grabbed a plort, kidnapped a bunch of honey slimes and 2 puddle slimes. Also grabbed some Mint Mangos. Went home, put all the honey's in a corral, fed them all but one mango, sold the plorts, then bought a pond for the puddles. Eventually made enough money to plant that last mango into a tree.

Days 2-4
Went to the Moss Blanket, grabbed all the honey, puddle and boom slimes I could. Had one corral of pure honey's, one of boom/honey's, a pond, and an extra corral to house the booms that blasted through the net. Made 3 mango trees, a coop, and unlocked the extension ranch to farm chickens. Eventually decided to turn my pure honey pen into honey/tabby's because they're hella cute and more plorts, that was probably on day 3. Also, the boom/honey's kept escaping whenever I feed them, so I threw about 5 into the ocean, killed the last in the backup cage, then filled that cage with the cats that kept leaking out.

Day 5
Pure harvesting of plorts without leaving the ranch to make all the money and make sure I didn't miss the 12 PM picture. Snapped picture then shut it down

Hope this helps, it was kinda fun sprinting around the place for this
Pokeshadow
Plort

Postby Dreaxslar » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:12 pm

5DC3_GUI.jpg
5DC3_GUI.jpg (230 KiB) Viewed 16187 times

Honey Tabby Redux

Day 1:
-Jetpack, hover to Moss Blanket.
-Get Honey/Tabby Slimes, Pogofruits, Mint Mangos.
-MM Gardens with Nutrient Soil, Sprinkler.

Day 2:
-8 MM Gardens, Pulse Wave.

Days 3, 4, 5:
-Rake in the dough.

I had 91 largos by the end of day 3. My PC actually had framerate issues with them plus the plorts and mangos. However, since this run had no Tarr hiccups or expensive corrals, I actually gained more Newbucks than I thought I would (my goal was 30k.)
Dreaxslar
Plort

Postby CraziestRyan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:25 pm

I surprisingly only ended with 15k. Prices were kinda low for me though. It was default value or less when I was selling most of my plorts.

Day 1: Busted pink gordo and got together a bunch of honey tabby largos on my ranch. I sell cage free plorts. :) after 24 hours I had them all moved into the overgrowth. I also setup a pond for puddle slimes.

Day 2: Got more honey tabby largos and honey phosphorus largos for the grotto.

Day 3: Getting more slimes and gardens of mint mangos. Every trip I make through the jungle, I pickup wild boom plorts to sell. I also got my vacpack decked out with upgrades.

Day 4: I got my first gold plort ever, but it didn't make much of a difference. :p The plorts I sold went into maxing out gardens with better soil and sprinklers.

Day 5: All about harvesting plorts. I went from like 1.5k to 15k.

I don't know what else I could have done to maximize profits. I think I had enough largos in both areas for me to always fill my pack with plorts. I maybe could have got some largos on the main ranch. I left it bare. I wish honey plorts weren't worth so much by default. I think those and rock plorts should switch values. Rock slimes are much more dangerous to harvest from.
Attachments
day5.jpg
day5.jpg (97.61 KiB) Viewed 16176 times
CraziestRyan
Plort

Postby cardare » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi all! (First Post!)

Didn't rush this run, I just kinda did things at my own pace as I thought of them and called it quits at day 5 at 12:00.

Day 1) Pink slimes, default corral, set up two carrot gardens, feed, rake in plorts.
Day 2) I forgot about the idea of the corral. They kept escaping. Gathered rock slimes, set up 2 more carrot gardens to the east of ranch and let the rock slimes roam free and then moved the pink slimes back to corral. High walls added to the default corral. Rake in more pink plorts.
Day 3) One more carrot garden. Moved pink slimes out of the ranch free and relocated rock slimes to default corral. Pumped every carrot I had in to the default corral. Collected more rock slimes for the default corral. Slime key from Pink Gordo.
Day 4) Plort collector on the default corral as rock slime numbers exceeded 20 and entering to collect plorts became dangerous. Entered the forest and collected two puddle slimes and 18 honey slimes and 4 boom slimes. Came back and collected pogofruits. New corral for honey slimes and emptied my stock of pogofruits in to the honey slime corral. Raked in Newbucks from the honey slimes. New pond for two puddle plorts. Begin acquiring puddle plorts. Finally had the idea to convert rock slimes to pink rock largos. Don't know why I waited so long.
Day 5) Sleep 6 hours to allow crops to grow out, Mass feeding begins.

End result:
12:05 / 5425 Newbucks - Vac gun with 15 Honey Plorts, 11 Pink Plorts and 11 Rock Plorts left as time ran out.

Attached screenshot is at 3440x1440 as I have one of these LG Ultrawide (34UM95) displays - Didn't want to post it as an image because it'd be huge. :)

During this playthrough, I encountered the following issues:
- Short freeze (Simulation and control over the simulation affected - Music carried on but sounds generated from nearby slimes and vac gun temporarily stopped for around 1-1.5 seconds along with - I also noticed this on my main and secondary game file but only after a 5-10 minutes after I begin the game. It doesn't happen again)

User experience:
- Not exclusive to this playthrough and likely mentioned by other players, but the vac gun sometimes reaches slimes that are (I would have guessed) well outside the range of the vac gun when using the vacuum mode which results in them flying right across the map if I suddenly turn left or right (and far far away in to the distance). This doesn't happen often and I can't identify any commonality with any particular thing I do or the slimes (or food) I an sucking up at the time. I'll keep trying this tomorrow to see if I can identify a way of getting this to recur.

- After sleep (again not exclusive to this playthrough) on returning to the ranch from the house I find carrots in mid air as if they shot from their gardens in to the air and dropped down. Don't remember seeing this with fruits or other things grown from trees, just carrots.

No fatal crashes encountered, game remained stable throughout. No framerate issues.

My hardware to assist the developers is a custom build system with the following specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
RAM: 16Gb (4x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3
Systemboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97
OS Volume: 2x Sandisk 128Gb SATA3 SSDs in RAID 0 (Performance over data safety)
Game runs from Steam library on: 2x OCZ Vertex 128Gb SATA3 SSDs in RAID 0 (Performance over data safety)
All other data is stored on 2x 4Tb WD Green disks (Data is synchronized between both disks using 3rd party tool - Data safety over performance)
CPU is liquid cooled via Corsair H100i.
3 displays are connected to this system via an EVGA nVidia GTX 780 with 4Gb VRAM (although dxdiag reports 11176MB VRAM which is wrong).
OS is Windows 10. Game graphical settings are at the highest they can go.
nVidia driver version is 355.82

Hope this helps! Sorry for the long first post, having done alpha and beta testing for other firms I'm used to giving as much information as possible. :)

If there is any more data you need, please let me know and I shall provide it.

Congratulations to Monomi Park, Slime Rancher is wicked fun. :)
Attachments
2016-02-18 23_53_32-Slime Rancher.jpg
Scaled down from 3440x1440
2016-02-18 23_53_32-Slime Rancher.jpg (131.36 KiB) Viewed 16169 times
cardare
Plort

Postby JuliqaIsAUnicorn » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:34 pm

So I finished the 5-Day Challenge and I ended with a total of...... 10997 coins!

I basically skipped the pink slimes and tabby slimes and built my ranch off of puddle slimes, and honey slime, boom slime, and rock slime largos. I did not unlock the either ranch extension and I didn't build any coops or any gardens. I only ended with three corrals and a pond. I love the game so far and can't wait for it to be fully finished :)
Attachments
New Bitmap Image.jpg
New Bitmap Image.jpg (113.77 KiB) Viewed 16165 times
JuliqaIsAUnicorn
Plort

Postby Claire » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Clearly the free-range Honey-Boom method is the fastest way to make money, so I wanted to see how much I could make using Corrals, as most players are likely to do during regular play. I've already determined from other playthroughs that, when using Corrals, it is indeed better to diversify Slime Largo types rather than quickly gathering one type of profitable Largo. It is also always better to start with Rock Slimes rather than Tabby Slimes, since Tabbys can be uncooperative. I didn't use Honey-Booms for the reason that I could pack twice as many Honey-Rocks into a Corral as I could Honey-Booms.

Day 1: Popped the Pink Gordo and raced through the map collecting Rock and Honey Slimes, and Mint Mangos. I prioritized food, always building up the Gardens first. By the end of the day I had 1 Corral (Higher Walls and Air Nets) filled with 30 Honey-Rock Slimes. I had 2 Mint Mango Gardens with the Sprinkler and Soil upgrades.
Day 2: Anther run through the map to gather Slimes. By the end of the day, I had 2 Corrals (Higher Walls and Air Nets) filled with 30 Honey-Rocks and 25 Honey-Tabbys, for 55 total Slimes. I had 4 Mint Mango Gardens with the Sprinkler and Soil upgrades. Also bought the Dash Boots upgrade.
Day 3: Two more Slime gathering runs. By the end of the day, I had 4 Corrals (Higher Walls, Air Nets and Plort Collectors, one with Solar Shielding) filled with total 41 Honey-Rocks, 25 Honey-Tabbys, and 30 Phosphors, for 96 total Slimes. I had bought the Overgrowth, totaling 8 Mint Mango Gardens with the Sprinkler and Soil upgrades. Also bought the Tank Booster 1 upgrade.
Day 4: Added 5 more Honey-Rocks, totaling 101 Slimes. Plort collection from here-on.
Day 5: By mid-day I had 37k NB. By the end of the day I had 47k NB.

Extra, Day 6: I went ahead and did an extra day for the heck of it. By mid-day I had 61k NB. By the end of the day I had 75k NB.

No screenshot, because I didn't realize that the Screenshot button in-game didn't show the HUD. OTL
So here is just one of the Ranch setup. I was trying to help collect data, but it seems I kinda messed up there. Don't know if you can still use this now. Sorry. vOv
Claire
Chickadoo

Postby guestaccount » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:13 pm

5day.jpg
5day.jpg (204.15 KiB) Viewed 16155 times

I first bought the jetpack to make getting out of the Most Blanket easier. Next I collected food in the wild to feed the pink gordo and also collected random plorts. I got slime key around 13:00, cashed in the plorts I collected, and planted a cubeberry garden. In the moss blanket, I got 6 boom slime and 3 honey slime. Took the slimes back to the ranch and built high walls as soon as I could followed by a 2nd garden. The rest of the days were spend around upgrading the ranch, collecting plorts from the Dry Reef and the ranch, and getting more boom slimes and honey slimes. Day 4 I stopped upgrading and getting more slimes, and instead just focused on collecting plorts and food. By 12:00 day 5 the ranch consisted of 3 Cubeberry gardens -- 2 with no upgrades and 1 with nutrient soil -- and 2 Corrals, both with high walls, music boxes, air nets, plort collectors and 15 honeybooms in each. Food felt like the most limited resource for me.
guestaccount
Plort

Postby Throwout123 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 pm

file:///C:/Users/Thomas/Documents/Lightshot/Screenshot_1.png there is my progress Not rly good right?
Throwout123
Plort

Postby LaDestitute » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:40 pm

Day 1:
Went off to the Moss Blanket as soon as I could once I bought the Jetpack. Snuck my way in like last time and ran through the Moss Blanket while collecting Boom and Honey Slimes along with Mint Mangos. When I got back, fed them both, made a group of Largos, and demolished the single Corral around. I made enough to make four Farms for Mint Mangos, with two of them already filled in. I'll be able to expand much more later.

Day 2:
Left to go gather some more things, such as slimes and food. When I returned, was able to have all of my Mint Mango plots ready, and I quickly learned how +20 exploding Honey Boom Largos can get incredibly chaotic and difficult to weave through to collect all the plorts.

I made a whole lot more this day, and made enough to upgrade nearly all of my farm plots with sprinklers and the better farm soil.

Day 3-5:
Not much to say here...? A whole lot of plort collecting, a whole lot, with a whole lot of dodging constant explosions and a whole lot of being knocked about like a ragdoll. On day 4, came really close to being knocked out, like within 30 HP of my life.

By the end, I managed to make 25k, so I'm a bit more impressed than last time.
LaDestitute
Rancher

Postby Xedric0308 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:12 am

Xedric0308 wrote:How do I put Screenshots in my posts? also can I still submit my 5 day challenge?

Nevermind I Figured it out :D

Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby Rockmuncher » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Day 1: Started off grabbing the tank add on to collect more food to feed the pink keymaster for a key. I got lucky enough on the first day to find a golden slime and its plort, then unlocked the second area around evening. I grabbed as many boom and honey slimes as possible as well as a handful of mint mangos. I shoved about 8 of them in a small corral and fed them with enough mangos to afford a farm plot (not upgraded) and the high corral and air net upgrades. I then put 15 honeyboom largos inside the pen and went gathering any chickens or fruit I could find to feed them for money. That was the end of day one.. up about 2k or so.

Day 2: Early in the morning I set off to grab as many booms as I could find and any valuable plorts and favourite chickens/fruits. I managed to get enough money to set up two more upgraded corrals and another two mint mango trees. Total on Day 2: 15 honeybooms each in 3 corrals, 3 mint mango trees. I went around a third time in the evening to gather more boom slimes and a few puddle plorts.

Day 3: Managed to get enough money to upgrade all my farms, unlock the overgrowth, add three more mint mangos (all mangos are now upgraded with everything but the scareslime) and two more 15 largo honeyboom corrals. Have upgraded every corral to collect plorts, have high walls and have air nets. Upgraded health since it was getting a little hazardous to collect plorts. Total now: 7 upgraded mint mangos and 5 upgraded honeyboom corrals with 15 largos each. Decided to stop wandering around and focus purely on gathering plorts and feeding at the end of the day. Added another tank upgrade to collect better.

Day 4: Pretty much entirely feeding largos and gathering plorts. When I ran out of mangos, I would gather fruit and chickens from the overgrowth. ended up with about 25k at the end of the day.

Day 5: Same thing. Ended noon with a total of 39k. Just shy of 40 grand sadly.

End total: 39k

5 corrals of honeyboom largos (15 each for a total of 75) with high walls, air nets and plort collectors

7 mint mango farms with every upgrade but scareslimes

two tank upgrades (totalling up to 40, the first on the first day, second on the third)

one health upgrade

My market never went below 31 on boom plorts and 34 on honey plorts until the last day. I got lucky.

My market slightly after the time limit.
Rockmuncher
Plort

Postby Seespotbitejane » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:31 pm

Nick wrote:Did most of you complete all 5 days in a single session? Or did you save & quit and return to it later?

I did both of them in two sittings.
Seespotbitejane
Plort

The Most Dangerious Game

Postby Gondab » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 pm

For this challenge I dualed Tabby Rock Largos in a coral and free range Honey Boom Largos, I ended up only making one farm where I grew those Mangos and a coop where I would shoot chickens into after food runs.

Day 1: This was primarily used to get the Slime Key and sweep through the starter areas collecting food and the rock and tabby slimes to use for the coral as a sort of starter supply of Newbucks. The first thing I bought was a coop and after collecting the slimes I swept through the areas sucking up the chicks, chickens, carrots, and pogo fruit, most of which I stuffed down the Gullet of the Gordo until he exploded.

Day 2: go through the Moss area and suck up as many boom and honey slimes as possible before shooting them into the Coral, most of the day was spent managing my slimes, mostly tossing honey, boom, and the combinations beck into the little 'pen' area until they were all Largos, as well as adding a plort collector to the Rock Tabbies so I didn't have to get in there anymore while I filled their Pen with carrots, the one food the Honey Booms would not eat. I also got a health upgrade, because Boom Slimes.

Day 3: Had a Tar situation when a Honey Boom group blasted over to me when I was emptying out the Rock Tabbie Plorts, it was solved quickly, but I descided to buy the expansion and toss them all into it a bit at a time, it was time consuming, but in their new home I didn't have to keep such a close eye on them, and they would eat the vast majority of what naturally grew in there. I also went on another collection spree, running through the lands to suck up Pogo Fruit, Carrots, chickens, and more honey/boom slimes. I grew a garden for those green fruit and added a sprinkler to it as well.

Day 4: Rushed through again to get as much food as possible, as well as begin seriously collecting all of the plorts of my free range honey Largos, they would explode them into corners and along the side, making for a much easier collection time. Still, I got caught in a bad grouping and got sent down to about thirty health at one point, making the health purchase earlier very worthwhile.

Day 5: A rush to both feed my slimes, and collect as many plorts as possible, I didn't quite get the last batch through in time, but here is my final outcome:

Gondab
Plort

Postby SlimeLime5 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:54 pm

For some reason the image wouldn't work :(

Ended up with 17972 plorts!!

On day 1 I fed the Pink Gordo to get the Slime Key, and I bought a jet pack. I collected Honey and Boom slimes at the Moss Blanket.

On day 2 I combined my Honey and Boom slimes and maxed my one corral and got 2 mint mango farms set up.

On day 3 I ran out and collected tons of plorts from wild slimes.

On day 4 I went around looking for Gold Slimes (and found none) and I harvested plorts on my ranch. I also got a pond with Puddle Slimes set up.

On the 5th morning I was running back and forth harvesting tons of plorts. I counted 11 Honey Boom Largos in the corral (They got out a lot.) I also had one Rock Cat who randomly roamed my ranch.
SlimeLime5
Plort

Postby whoopsnotcreative » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:12 am

Couldn't upload image because of file size, had a little over 15,000 NB

Days 1 & 2:
Immediately bought jetpack and flew to Moss Blanket
Saw Gold Slime on way but tanks were empty and couldn't pick up food fast enough :(
Collected a few Honey/Boom/Puddle Slimes (note: Couldn't get Mint Mangoes until day 3, also had trouble finding Honey Slimes, only two at the start)
Returned to ranch & dropped off slimes
Went back to Moss Blanket a few more times and picked up a couple more Honey/Boom Slimes and got 1 more Puddle Slime, also collected random Plorts along the way.
Bought Dash Boots
No farms because no Mint Mangoes, picked up some food to tie them over

Days 3, 4, and 5:
Bought Energy Upgrade (Bad decision, wasn't helpful)
FINALLY FOUND MINT MANGOES AFTER 5 TRIPS WOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Went home, made two gardens for mangoes w/ Nutrient Soil & Sprinkler Upgrades
Started collecting Plorts and selling them (Note: A lot of people have been mentioning that the values didn't change, but mine went down)
Spent rest of day collecting Plorts and selling them, w/ brief break to collect Tabby & Phosphor Slimes
Unlocked Grotto (Not super helpful but would have been with more slimes & time)
Had 2 cuberry farms w/ Sprinkler and Nutrient Soil Upgrades
Ran around trying to disperse food from farms, collect, & sell Plorts for all of days 4 and 5

Thoughts:
Spent 3, 4, and 5 just managing my ranch but wish I would have grabbed more slimes instead
Would have been easier w/ the upgrade that shoos the slime away because that was a lot of time spent trying to shoot slimes to the other end of the galaxy

For the slimes, like I said before, I didn't have very many. About 20 Honey Boom Largos in main area. Had 16 Phosphor Tabby Largos in the Grotto, which didn't bring tons of profit but they're absolutely adorable.

15,000 New Bucks, but if I hadn't ben knocked out I could have maybe gotten to 20,000...
whoopsnotcreative
Plort

Postby altsysrq » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:39 pm

For some reason I decided I should try to do this with pink slimes only. I'm not sure whether the result is still useful, but at least it's mildly amusing. As one might expect, this didn't provide terribly much income, and most of what I got went into building and upgrading gardens.

Days one: Created a carrot garden with the starting money. Went out, gathered as many pink slimes and food as could be carried (several trips), purchased tank upgrade.

Days two and three: Repeatedly go out, gather as many pink slimes and food as possible, come back, feed slimes, collect and deposit plorts, spend money on new gardens or upgrading existing ones.

Days four and five: As above, but no more spending money.

I did not get any other Beatrix upgrades, unlock either ranch expansion (though the Overgrowth would have provided a better food source), nor gain access to the Moss Blanket. Ended with 6 gardens, most with the Nutrient Soil upgrade and a few with Sprinklers. Crops were carrots and pogofruit.

In the end I had a 307 slimes, a 2129 NB, and a framerate of around 10 when on the ranch. Most of the slimes were quite unhappy since I couldn't produce nearly enough food.

5-day-challenge-pink-only-50pct.jpg
5-day-challenge-pink-only-50pct.jpg (195.36 KiB) Viewed 16040 times

The corral in the middle is unused; I just didn't want to spend the 100 NB to demolish it.

SlimeRancher-2016-02-21-08-19-10-08.jpg
SlimeRancher-2016-02-21-08-19-10-08.jpg (166.66 KiB) Viewed 16040 times

I lost a couple of slimes which jumped off the cliff into the sea behind the house, but not nearly as many as I expected. The bigger issue was slimes selling themselves on the exchange; I lost around a dozen that way.

SlimeRancher-2016-02-21-07-51-57-28.jpg
SlimeRancher-2016-02-21-07-51-57-28.jpg (115.06 KiB) Viewed 16040 times

This was all one session.
altsysrq
Plort

Postby LongJoeSilver » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:30 pm

altsysrq wrote:The bigger issue was slimes selling themselves on the exchange; I lost around a dozen that way.

lol
LongJoeSilver
Chickadoo

Postby Im2Much » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:46 pm

I didn't really note everything that occurred, but i can remember a few things.

I sold 2 gold plort. One for 200 and the other for 380. I have 9 puddle slimes. I have honey boom largos (too lazy to count). I have honey tabby largos (too lazy to count).

Made a solid 16k (Rounding up)

Not bad for an average guy who isn't too good at this game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpfa94rlhwe49 ... 3.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgu9kjh9674wg ... 4.png?dl=0
Last edited by Heather on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed IMG tags :)
Im2Much
Plort

Postby Jadefeathers » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:20 pm

(perhaps i'll give it another go, but here's my first attempt)
Ended with almost 16k!

First, I collected random plorts from the dry reef to buy a jetpack. of course, then I hopped over to the moss blanket, and collected honey slimes, boom plorts, puddle slimes, and briar hens. used the teleporter to return to the ranch, and stuck the honey slimes in the already-provided corral, and only gave one of them a boom plort.
i sold the rest of the boom plorts, gave the corral high walls, music box, auto-feeder and an air net, made a pond for the puddle slimes, and pretty much just made rounds of feeding and collecting plorts both from the honey/boom slimes (the rest of the honey slimes ate some boom plorts from the current largo) and the wild slimes after that.
I made a small coop and farm for mint mangoes and briar hens, but neither of those were upgraded at all. As far as vacpack upgrades; just the basic jetpack, dash boots, and energy upgrade.
■■■ Deviantart | Art Blog | Youtube ■■■
Jadefeathers
Chickadoo

Postby zulkirs » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Just barely passed 60k by noon.

Notes:
Bought vac-upgrade and gathered 50 food to feed to pink gardo.
Found 2 golden slimes on the way into mossy place.
Got Mint Mango's, Honey Slimes, and Boom Slimes
Upgraded slimes into largo honey/boom slimes, feed one of the honey slimes a mint mango, and upgrade booms, and continued 'til they all were largo's.
Got 4 gardens of mint mangos
Upgraded to dash boots
Went back to mossy place and got more boom/honey slimes, briar hens, and honey plorts.
Upgraded slimes to largos, planted 4 more mint mango trees and started to get garden upgrades
upgrade to more energy and jet pack

I think I went into the mossy place 4 times total, then I stayed home and gathered all the random plorts falling to the ground.
Attachments
2016-02-22_00001v2.jpg
2016-02-22_00001v2.jpg (211.96 KiB) Viewed 15986 times
zulkirs
Plort

Postby Jadefeathers » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:49 pm

I wasn't planning on doing a whole 'nother 5 day challenge, but i started a new game, and I kid you not; found 3 gold slimes on the first day! I got one plort from each, and thought i should take advantage of that to do another challenge. I was wrapped up in making sure i got a plort from them, so unfortunately i didn't think to take a screenshot.. so you'll just have to take my word for it ;u;
I went with the basic honey/boom largo free range ranch, with 6 mint mango farms!

Day 1 - bought the jetpack, hopped over to moss blanket, collected honey and boom slimes and plorts; returned to the farm and just formed some largos to run free. revisited the moss blanket to gather mint mangoes.
Day 2 - planted 4 mint mango farms with sprinklers, and some vacpack upgrades; health boost, energy boost, dash boots, pulse wave, and extra storage.
Day 3 - returned to the moss blanket to grab some more slimes, and picked up puddle plorts to sell as well. Planted 2 more mint mango farms.
Days 4 & 5 - Pretty much spent the entire two days feeding the honey/booms and collecting their plorts to sell.

Ended with over 28k!
■■■ Deviantart | Art Blog | Youtube ■■■
Jadefeathers
Chickadoo

Postby xxpixelperfectxx » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Yet Another Free Range Honey Boom Run: Also Another New User Here~
General Overview
Only real difference between my playthrough and the others seen here is that I bought and maxed a Silo after honey and boom plorts dropped to 24 and 20 on day 3. I hoped by stockpiling them the market would recover but it didn't seem to make much of a difference (boom plorts went up a bit on day 5 at least).
Exploration
I decided to get the slime key from the Pink Gordo, went pretty quick since I knew where the different food sources were. Found 1 gold slime and netted 1 plort which I sold for a bit under 300. Traveled to the Mossy Blanket 3 times, prioritized honey/boom, puddle, MM, and Briar Hens.
Main Farm Plots
I had one pond but was only able to get 6 puddles after 3 visits. Every other plot was a maxed out MM farm. I seemed to have a good Slime:Fruit ratio as I didn't see any rotting MM and the only slimes who were hungry were the ones who strayed away from the ranch. Didn't buy the other areas as I wanted to focus on the main one. There were already WAY too many plorts for me to collect by myself. (Really liked the Roomba idea someone mentioned earlier in the thread).
Player Upgrades
I probably got too many. Went for 2 Tank, 2 Health, and the Pulse upgrades to make collecting easier. Got Jetpack, Sprint, and an Energy upgrade to make my runs to the Moss Blanket a bit faster and help with dodging the explosions. I found Jetpack surprisingly useful for evading attacks/ launching myself off boom explosions(Best part of the game, I went ridiculously high one time but forgot to screen shot it.)
In Conclusion
Overall the run went pretty well, I never had to deal w/ Tarrs and I wasn't knocked out (2 close calls, 7 and 3 HP respectively, Jetpack saved me). The low prices made it quite difficult though. If I did it again, I'd probably replace the pond w/ a 2nd silo (I built them both in the area next to the house, so my slimes didn't wander over there much). I ended up w/ 20k at 13:00 (Sorry I was a bit late, I really wanted to break 20k lol). Overall it was quite fun, though I feel bad about the vast number of uncollected plorts XD

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 4.06.35 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 4.06.35 PM.jpg (139.84 KiB) Viewed 14712 times
xxpixelperfectxx
Plort

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion