Maybe a "bank" plot for plorts?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Maybe a "bank" plot for plorts?

Postby ChlobeWan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:18 pm

I was watching ctop and he suggested that you be able to hook up silo storage units to pens to collect and store plorts. Maybe if it were an entirely separate plot than the silos you could have each section be small safes and at four it could turn into a full cube vault. Then you could assign certain sections to different corralls, and different gardens assigned to silo sections. This idea is purely for more aesthetics.
ChlobeWan
Plort

Re: Maybe a "bank" plot for plorts?

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:22 pm

i like the idea of plort collectors going straight to silos
[the treefox waits silently for her return, but knows in its heart she is gone.]
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby TurnipKnight » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:35 pm

So true. Been thinking there needs to be a way to transport massive amounts of plort quickly.
Siht gnivarc rof erom seifirret uoy, tub ti si ruoy deerg taht edam em os.
TurnipKnight
Rancher

Postby ZeakStarwind » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:53 am

They could make an upgrade to the silos where it has the option to add a wireless receiver to send the plorts from the corrals to the silo. Basically add another expansion to the corrals called "Wireless Transmitter" this is used to transmit your plorts digitally to the assigned silos and the "Wireless Receivers" this is used to receive digitized plorts into the silos. Having such expansion may also work as long as if there was first a new addition to your Vac which gives you the ability to make such modifications.

This expansion to your Vac would be called "Farm Transfer Plortocal"
I choose my own path...Destiny is not of virtue. Also...Lizards...
ZeakStarwind
Chickadoo

Postby Trinituz » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:33 am

This is a great idea!, I'm having a plort overload in my Corrals because there's so much thing to do after the Expansions finally work, that I have no time to get the plorts from plort collectors. I feel like Silo might need more than 200 spaces too if this become a thing, but an upgrade isn't a problem.
Trinituz
Plort

Postby marcvermette » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:14 pm

ZeakStarwind wrote:They could make an upgrade to the silos where it has the option to add a wireless receiver to send the plorts from the corrals to the silo. Basically add another expansion to the corrals called "Wireless Transmitter" this is used to transmit your plorts digitally to the assigned silos and the "Wireless Receivers" this is used to receive digitized plorts into the silos. Having such expansion may also work as long as if there was first a new addition to your Vac which gives you the ability to make such modifications.

This expansion to your Vac would be called "Farm Transfer Plortocal"

I think it's pretty hard to wirelessly *teleport* objects into silos. Maybe a pipe system?
[the treefox waits silently for her return, but knows in its heart she is gone.]
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby Souldrake » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:00 pm

To be fair, there is teleportation technology in the game. (The blue pads that take you back to your base)

But...
1) the plort collector can store up to 100 plorts before you have to collect it. This is the same as one bin in the silo so essentially the plort collector already acts as a silo for 2 kinds of plorts.
2) The silo can also store plorts.

Maybe this wasn't exactly what the OP was asking for, but there's really no difference between a "Plort bank" and a silo. Could the silo use an upgrade in storage space for one particular item? Sure, I could buy in on that. Is it totally necessary? I haven't had a real need for it at the moment. If anything, I'd like more slots on my Vacpack besides the initial 4 more.

Having that out of the way, I don't think the real problem of the game lies in plort *STORAGE*. I feel the flaw of the game is that there is currently nothing to do with plorts other than sell them and store them till the market has better pricing. If we could *use* the plorts in other ways, the need to store so many of them wouldn't be so big of an issue, I feel.
Souldrake
Chickadoo

Postby Qwisite » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:02 am

I think I like the idea of a pipe system a bit more than teleporting objects into silos. It could be a base upgrade too, creating an infrastructure for the plorts to be shipped to the silo via the plort collector. The silo, however, would definitely need a few more upgrades in order to be able to hold all the plorts and whatever else we're putting into them.
Qwisite
Plort

Postby ChlobeWan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:17 pm

To answer the earlier post I definitely just suggested this for the sake of having another type of cute building in the game. Also having more buildings just adds another element to purchase and put to use which I personally like in games like this. I also wish that plorts had another use though. This suggestion is more for adding cntent than fixing anything in particular.
ChlobeWan
Plort

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:38 pm

ChlobeWan wrote:To answer the earlier post I definitely just suggested this for the sake of having another type of cute building in the game. Also having more buildings just adds another element to purchase and put to use which I personally like in games like this. I also wish that plorts had another use though. This suggestion is more for adding cntent than fixing anything in particular.

While another type of building would be pretty cool, it wouldn't work with the amount of plots currently available. Unless you're using Overgrowth and only have Herbivore Slimes. Because right now , Coops are a must and even with 6 of them I'm breeding chickens just a little bit faster than my slimes are eating them.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby ChlobeWan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:53 pm

I actually don't find a very serious need for chicken. I have 2 coops and because of the apparent fix to the slime disappearances, I let many of my non problematic slimes roam free in my grotto and overgrowth. I usually find plenty of chicken when I run a quick sweep through the map for them.
ChlobeWan
Plort

Return to General Discussion