Putting my Game on the Back Burner

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Putting my Game on the Back Burner

Postby flika10 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:31 pm

So I did a dumb thing.

My first session playing Slime Rancher, I put probably four hours into the game. When I stopped, I already had a plan for what I wanted to do and how I wanted to expand and better my ranch to be more efficient. Accordingly, when I next had free time, I jumped straight back into the game. It's my fault for not checking the forum first, but I bought both expansions, and remodeled my entire ranch (bankrupting myself at least twice in the process) so that my "friendly" slimes were in the overgrowth, my "underground/unfriendly" slimes were in the grotto, and the main area was dedicated to completely upgraded gardens and coops, as well as a silo and incinerator.

Shortly after, I realized my farms were being incredibly inefficient, and my slimes seemed to be despawning rapidly. I played through it, tried to collect replacements for my vanishing slimes while also scrambling to find food to supplement my failing farms, all the while submitting bug reports. When I finally quit for the night after a couple hours, I decided to check out the forums. I'm sure you all can imagine the feeling I experienced as I realized what a terrible mistake I'd made.

I really like the setup I have now, and I don't have the resources (especially with no stable plort or food supply) to change everything back. So I think I'm just gonna put the game down for a while and lurk the forums until these issues are fixed. I really love this game, I saw it first on SplatterCatGaming's youtube channel and immediately wanted to play it, and was super happy when I found the download. I dropped almost seven hours into this game in two days. I just... I just don't have the heart to go and reset every change I made right now. I am still super excited for this game, and will definitely come back to it (probably soon tbh).

I just thought that I'd leave this here to let other people know they're not the only ones experiencing issues, and they're not the only ones making mistakes, and that's okay.

Happy ranching guys, and huge thanks to the devs for all the work they're putting in :)
flika10
Plort

Return to General Discussion