Vacpack upgrade suggestions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Vacpack upgrade suggestions

Postby scaper12123 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:23 am

It would be cool if, as you got into the late game of Slime Rancher, you could use branching upgrades for the Vacpack to change it up as you needed. It could be to where you bought a particular modification once and then you could slot it out depending on your preference or needs. You wouldn't be able to use two of these modifications at once - you could only slot one out for another - and the upgrades would require energy to use.

As for the actual modifications, one major one that I thought of was a sort of water minigun specifically meant for fighting Tarr slimes. It would become active only when you switched to a water-filled slot on your pack and would fire several multiple blasts of water for each unit in your pack. The obvious purpose would be for dealing with hoards of Tarrs without having to run away and leave other slimes to their demise.

Another upgrade I thought of was a pulse cannon that delivers more punch to the pulsing upgrade that pushes slimes away. Seriously, that pulse does nothing. It would be good for when the player plans to go into biomes that breed a lot of largo slimes.

Yet another idea I thought of was an exclusive-vac feature, which makes it so that a filled slot on the vacpack would only vac that particular item. It would have to be energy expensive to balance, but it's something I think the game would greatly benefit from.

Another idea I thought of was the simple addition of a fifth storage slot on the vacpack. Having the fifth would put a dampener on the player's energy bar, but of course having a fifth slot would definitely be worth it when the situation called for it.

Lemme know what you think, and post more ideas. :p
scaper12123
Plort

Return to General Discussion