Slime Rancher Suggestions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slime Rancher Suggestions

Postby happywaffleman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi I'm happywaffleman and I have been watching this game on youtube and I will try it out myself. I am very interested in the game and it looks fun so I have been thinking of suggestions. These are all the suggestions I can think of at the moment I think all of these would make the game more fun and enjoyable than it is already. Thank you for coming to my thread and I hope you like my suggestions, I will update this whenever I think of new suggestions! Hopefully, a developer reads this these suggestions made me very excited for the possibilities that this game possesses.

1. I think there should be breeding in the game.
You go into the game and slime are harder to find instead of just appearing abundantly around the world, and you can breed the same species of slime like pink slime and pink slime to make a baby pink slime to add more slime to your farm and they would grow up to regular Pink slime after feeding and caring for them, and you could also cross breed to make new species you can't find out in the world. For example: Pink slime and Rock slime breed to make a Sharp slime or something like that. I think this would add a lot to the game and it would make the game even more fun to play and experiment with breeding.

2. I think there should be more structures and free building.
You would be able to build a structure anywhere in a certain area (not in the wild) instead of certain squares for buildings. You could also add structures like fences and more stuff like that to really customize your area instead of it all being pre-built for you. I'm sure you guys will be adding new structures, I'm just throwing out some ideas I have. Maybe even add houses for your character to store items in and sleep in or something.

3. Maybe you guys could add a level system
You would start out as level 1 or 0 and you would have to farm slime to level up to be able to catch higher level slime (each slime would have their own levels like Pink slime could range from lvl 1-5 and rock slime would range from lvl 6-10 ect.), you would have to be a certain level to build certain structures and (going back to my first suggestion) be a high enough level to breed certain slime. Also each area you can buy would need you to be a certain level or you will have a high chance of dying. Also maybe skill points to level the range of your vacuum, player health and endurance, ect.

4. Add new biomes
Instead of just a desert have water biomes where you can swim and catch slime and you could build a tank as a structure in your farm (you would be able to suck up water and fill the tanks with your vacuum) and you would put those water slime into that tank. Forest biome with earth slime in there where they need a structure that has a lot of grass and maybe small tress in it for them to be able to live in it. Add an ice biome with arctic slime where they need a snow structure to live in. ECT.

5. Make structures not only need money but need resources.
Slime could carry resources like gel for structures and you could take down trees and get wood or something for resources for building structures.

I removed suggestion number 6 from reading replies and thinking about it.

7. Co-op
Add multiplayer co-op for fun with your friends, a person could be the farmer and the other the gatherer, or explorer. I think this would be a really good addition cause who wouldn't like to play this with a friend. I think this would be good for co-op up to 2 or 4 if the map is big enough.

8. Make it harder to get resources and money
It seems you can get money pretty fast in this game so there's not much of a challenge and I know it's pre-alpha but I thought to add this aswell.

9. Add boss slime
Going to the level suggestion add high level slimes of each species or new species of their own you can fight or capture. If you fight them you get a reward like a key to a chest in their area that has money and resources or something like that. Capture it and bring it to your farm to feed and gain money off of their plort, it would be a choice you would make kill or keep.

10. Add pets
There could be certain slime out there that you can give a leash to or something that would make them your pet and you could level it up and train it to gather resources, find new biomes, find new species of slime, find a certain species of slime and you follow it to the species your looking for to capture them. Be able to name it aswell to get attached to it, give it treats get it to grow big and strong so you can take it out at night to defend you when you don't want to go out in the day time or need to go out during night time.

11. Add more resources and slime that are only obtainable at night.

12. Add hunger
add hunger to your own character to you have to eat something in order to live, if you don't eat enough you get more tired and starve if you don't eat.

13. Add more farm animals
Like cows, pigs, ect. that certain more hostile slime like to eat and you could get resources of your farm animals to heal yourself or going to suggestion 12 to feed your self like milk, eggs, ect.

Thank you for reading all my suggestions I know it's a lot to read but I got really inspired to add these suggestions as I truly think it'll benefit the game, I hope you like them and keep them into consideration!
Last edited by happywaffleman on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happywaffleman
Plort

4. and 6.

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:31 pm

After feeding the Pink or Phosphur Gordo slimes, you'll get a slime key. Use that to open the Moss Blanket, which is both of your Forest and Ocean biomes combined.

Other environments are being worked on.

6. Sprinting and the jetpack fulfill this purpose already.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Re: Slime Rancher Suggestions

Postby happywaffleman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Thank you for replying so fast and number 6 was just a thought very low on recommendation, and thanks for the tip I'll try to get the key now.
happywaffleman
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Also, the Pond building is like the water tank.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:52 pm

1. I have no idea what you say that slimes are hard to find. Slimes are very abundant in the wild Cross-breeding is already implemented (sort of, just without the breeding) in the form of Largos.

2. I don't think that this is needed, and could lead to lots of glitches. I do like the idea of placing random fences though.

3. Not sure about this one.

4. Moss Blanket, Puddle Slimes, and Ponds exist.

5. I'm fine with this.

6. We already have sprinting, teleporters to the ranch, and an OP jetpack. I don't think we need more. Plus it will probably be hard to navigate considering the terrain anyway.

7. As much as I would like this, I doubt this will get implemented any time soon.

8. Agreed.

9. Ae already have Gorgos for that, though they aren't exactly the same.

10. I don't think this is necessary, but it's fine. How would a leash work on a slime though?

11. Sure. I'd like some daytime exclusive slime though if we're going to add more night exclusive ones.

12. Unnecessary.

13. Eh, I'm not sure about this. They shouldn't restore health to you, just be food for slimes. Also, it's not the more aggressive slimes that are meat eaters.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby happywaffleman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:03 pm

1. I meant slime should be more harder to obtain
10. Would just be for fun and by leash I meant like a collar to make it your pet not a leash to pull them around
12. Was just a though for something extra to do
13. I agree with what you said
happywaffleman
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:32 pm

CrazeePi wrote:11. Sure. I'd like some daytime exclusive slime though if we're going to add more night exclusive ones.

Nooope.

I considered suggesting this, but then thought some more, and:

If there's a slime that dies in the night, then that would cause problems with the Solar Shield. The Solar Shield would destroy these slimes, and you can't just uninstall upgrades without demolishing the entire corral.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:55 pm

10. I was saying that because I think if you put a collar on a slkme it'll probably fall ofc, though then again I put a suggestion for accessories

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
CrazeePi wrote:11. Sure. I'd like some daytime exclusive slime though if we're going to add more night exclusive ones.

Nooope.

I considered suggesting this, but then thought some more, and:

If there's a slime that dies in the night, then that would cause problems with the Solar Shield. The Solar Shield would destroy these slimes, and you can't just uninstall upgrades without demolishing the entire corral.

I was thinking they might add a new upgrade making light in the Corral, and you could swap between the two at the same cost as it would to build the solar shield in the first place.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Return to General Discussion