Suggestions about Slime Science, largos and tarrs

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestions about Slime Science, largos and tarrs

Postby ADcrafter » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:16 am

[So, I'm trying to create topics where we could share our thoughts and then show them in a organised and productive manner, this is the first topic. People arent talking too much about the slime science, largos and tarrs, so i'm beggining with this. Simply i'll try to organise the ideas in here, so that anyone can see them and stick to a idea or side, i'll also put a list of contributors at the end.]

--> Currently, its very easy to find Tarrs, even in the starting areas, and having pink slimes everywhere doesnt help. Some Largos also doesnt seem like they are worth it, and other types can be considered unbalanced. I've also seem that some areas can become full of plorts, not only affecting the look of it and the slimes of the areas, but also affecting how the game is running.

() My ideas are to make the plorts despawn faster, wich will also make the plort collector a better upgrade and make the rancher (player) progress slowly, wich is good for a game thats in a early state of development and doesnt have too much content.

() Another Idea is to maybe make slimes need to eat more plorts to become a largo (hybrid), and also make them more balanced, making they more useful and less common on the wild.

[] Another idea are Trislimes (Three-slimes-hybrid), meaning that for a slime to become a tarr it would need to eat three different plorts

[] Vacpack Fighting upgrades: Pulse Wave Mk II, is as effective against Largos (but not Tarrs or "Angry/Guardian" slimes) as it is against small slimes, Pulse Wave Mk III, is as effective against Tarrs and Angry/Guardian slimes as it is against Largos and small slimes.

[] Another idea would be largo's being the defenders of the little slimes and fighting the tarrs, or maybe a special kind of slime or upgrade

[] Those angry defender Slimes that show up at rare food areas should occasionally show up to fight tarrs like they attack the player.

[] Another idea would maybe being able to craft or upgrade a sort of water container so that you wouldnt need to waste a slot for carrying water. This would be a separate container that filled whenever you vacuumed water and could be used to hose Tarrs if needed.

[] New Slime type: "Clear" slime. This slime does not make largoes, instead it absorbs the color of a plort that is fed to it.
Creating a white slime with this new clear type and feeding it carrots over time may result in mutation to a Rainbow Slime

[] Plorts or money to upgrade your ranch/home in both size and aesthetics.

[] Perhaps in with people and/or towns that you can interact with and perhaps even develop relationships with.

[] The Tarr seems like something that should be there to punish excessive slime science, not something that occurs naturally as frequently as it does. Perhaps making largos that eat a plort not of their in a natural area (and thats not being shot out of a vacpack) just destabilizes them and they explode and die instead of creating Tarr?

Current Contributors: Hiding, SpiralRancher02, NanniMLG, Souldrake
[Be sure to share your thoughts, and maybe tell me if my ideas (of creating this kind of topic or the actual ideas i put in here) are useless. Thank you!]
[And also remember to maybe read multiple time, as usually people pay more attention to the last things in a topic, something ive seen in other forums]
Last edited by ADcrafter on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
money is the barrier of dreams.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Re: Suggestions about Slime Science, largos and tarrs

Postby Hiding » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:13 pm

I made a thread about crafting with plorts possibly being a thing. I do like your suggestion of plort despawnin. Im starting to suspect plorts almost never despawn as i accidentally put 2 pink plorts in the small empty area with crystals on each side connecting tabby slime zone with pink slime area and 4 days later and they are still there. Same with a pink slme i accidentally shot over to the secret heart beet area over the wall near the starting zone. It was still wandering around 3 days after.

Eiter that or make trislimes that have the properties of 3 types of slimes (but maybe need to research or something to unlock? Like Cell Stabilizer or something). To make them not so crazy op have trislimes require mor feeding to drop or require combination foods or something
Hiding
Rancher

Postby ADcrafter » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:19 pm

Not sure about the idea of a three-slimes-hybrid, because there are already people complaining that the largos (two-slimes-hybrids) are too big, i'll put your idea in there though. Thank you for sharing your idea bud!
ADcrafter
Rancher

Oh hey, just noticed this thread

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Upgrade ideas I posted in Pi's thread.

SpiralRancher02 wrote:Incinerator upgrade: Barriers.

Pond upgrades: Plort collectors (it's very annoying to constantly suck up water and Puddle Slimes too) and a water refill tank (manually filled from water found out in the wild, will refill ponds if the water level is decreasing too much, players can add or remove water from them whenever they want).

Vacpack upgrades: Pulse Wave Mk II, is as effective against Largos (but not Tarrs or "Angry/Guardian" slimes) as it is against small slimes, Pulse Wave Mk III, is as effective against Tarrs and Angry/Guardian slimes as it is against Largos and small slimes.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby NanniMLG » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:59 pm

What about largo's being the defenders of the little slimes and fighting the tarrs?
NanniMLG
Plort

Postby GhostMSG » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:11 pm

best
Last edited by GhostMSG on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GhostMSG
Plort

Postby ADcrafter » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Sorry, but i'm trying to make a organized topic with suggestions about Slime Science, Largos and Tarrs, anything thats not about these will not be added. There already are other topics where you can maybe post it, thank you.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:15 pm

GhostMSG wrote:PLZ GIME WEB OR SUMTHING HOW TO GET THIS GAME PLZ I LOVE IT SO MUCH EVEN I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAYIT BUT ITS SO FANCY SLIPES AND BEST GRAPHICS

This is entirely irrelevant to the topic.

And clearly you didn't read the Please Read thread at the top. That has how to download.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby GhostMSG » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:18 pm

But i dont see any website where to download plz help
GhostMSG
Plort

Postby ADcrafter » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:19 pm

Yes, id like to ask you (ghostMSG) to remove your posts, so that i can remove mine and spiralRancher can remove theirs, as you may know, i'm trying to keep this topic very organised.

Edit: Heres the link: http://download.slimerancher.com/

Username: slimerancher
Password: 84fkp3hf02fn

Also, may i ask you to not simply download it and forget about monomi park, support is really important, thank you.

Another Edit: Is there even a way to remove posts?
Last edited by ADcrafter on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:35 pm

ADcrafter wrote:Also, may i ask you to not simply download it and forget about monomi park, support is really important, thank you.

By this he means not just "Don't download", but "Download but remember to leave comments and suggestions".

But leave those in the right places.

(Just in case you're confused by that bit.)
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Hiding » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:06 pm

I feel like those angry defender things that show up at rare food areas should occasionally show up to fight tarrs or something.

Like as Slime Enforcers would be kinda cool. Because otherwise I dont see how tarrs wouldnt destroy all the ecosystems in the area seeing as how easy they are created.

I also had a suggested in another thread about maybe being able to craft or upgrade a sort of water container so that you wouldnt need to waste a slot for carrying water. This would be a separate container that filled whenever you vacuumed water and could be used to hose Tarrs if needed.
Hiding
Rancher

Postby Souldrake » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:16 pm

** Slime Science Suggestions **

Creation of new slime types by a combination of feeding plorts, foods, etc.
EXAMPLE:
New Slime type: "Clear" slime. This slime does not make largoes, instead it absorbs the color of a plort that is fed to it.
Creating a white slime with this new clear type and feeding it carrots over time may result in mutation to a bunny slime ( Example pic: http://i63.tinypic.com/x5xif6.jpg )

Having a VAT for slime combination with possible !!FUN!! (Dwarf fortress style fun)
Vat would have to be placed near corrals, thus unruly slimes could potentially launch themselves into the vat and cause catastrophic or unexpectedly good results. Imagine getting your vat ready when you turn around and see that tower of
pink slimes you forgot to feed shoot one of their buddies out of the pen and into your vat. >.>;

Vats may allow for the creation of new slime types without producing a Largo.

Fruit Mutation:
Create new fruits, livestock, etc.
Example : Cubberry + Honey Plort = Honey Dew Berry. Perhaps a mutated slime would like this berry, or perhaps this berry could mutate a slime into something new?

Helpful slimes: (for those who want to have a free ranch style like the overgrowth area suggests.
Rain Slimes: drink water from nearby ponds and will water / fertilize gardens for you.
Bug Slimes: Perhaps hen-hens and roostros would consume their plorts to reproduce faster?
Chicken slimes: instead of plorts they create eggs/chickens?

** REPLAYABILITY **

-- Randomize the world a bit. There is code for teleportation and such in the game, why not add teleporters that will take you to a new area randomly generated each time you play the game? Perhaps these areas can also have rare resources and/or slimes that you cannot get in other play-throughs allowing for more replayability.

-- Dwarf Fortress style !!FUN!! (IE: More ways to "lose" in hilarious and catastrophic ways-- OH NO!! IT's GODZILLA SLIME!!! AAAH!!!)

-- Plorts to upgrade your ranch/home in both size and aesthetics. Harvest Moon style.

-- Perhaps in with the Harvest Moon style- people and/or towns that you can interact with and perhaps even develop relationships with.

** Tarr **

The Tarr seems like something that should be there to punish excessive or over-zealous slime science, not something that occurs naturally as frequently as it does. Perhaps making largos that eat a plort not of their make up just destabilizes them and they explode and die getting slime all over the place instead of creating Tarr?
Souldrake
Chickadoo

Postby ADcrafter » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:12 am

SouldDrake, thank you for these suggestions, i loved to read them many times and decide which would make sense for this topic and editing (no, really, i'm not being sarcastic, i loved it), as you may notice not all your ideas were put in there, or at least without editing, let me explain:

- Some were about new tipes of slimes, wich doesnt totally make sense to this topic.
- I'm not sure if that many references to other games are a good idea, i mean, this isnt harvest moon or Dwarf Fortress, its Slime Rancher
- Randomizing the world might work on more simple games, like 2D games or cubic games, but i'm not sure if it would work in this game, at least not without a lot of work
- I hate bunnies :3

[Sorry for the bad english, i just woke up, also sorry Kiba (worth it)]
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby Souldrake » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:59 am

The references to other games were to give examples only, not to suggest a full port copy. I mean, there's no way this game could really copy Dwarf fortress, Harvest Moon, etc. But elements of these games-- catastrophic and hilarious failure resulting in loss and upgrading a home/base are present in many games and are features I feel would fit just fine in Slime Rancher.
Souldrake
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion