New Area Idea: glacier valley

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

New Area Idea: glacier valley

Postby natedoezgaming » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:19 pm

This is my personal idea, so if you have already thought of this, I didn't take the idea. I think in one of the work in progress blocked up path should be a tunnel that leads into an icy wonderland called the glacier valley, way into the valley? a slime key. Pink slimes, puddle slimes, and phosphor slimes should still roam there, but anything else shouldn't, unless brought by player. I would like to introduce a new slime, (probably more but this was the first one I thought of) ice slimes! These little guys only eat vegetables and have a baby blue color with aqua marine ice chunks on them (spikes from a rock slime). The ability these guys have is to slip and slide more than other slimes! The only problem with these is they can't be stored in any old corral and need a corral to have a new upgrade called a freezer, if you don't put them in a freezer they become blue splashes on the ground and have a 1 out of 15 chance of becoming a puddle slime. The freezer should cost 500 and will add ice to the bottom of the corral, making slimes already in there slip around. Now the glacier valley gets a bit tricky. While stopping on ice, you will slide a bit.Parts of the ground will be little ponds where puddle slimes live. That is my idea about an icy part of slime rancher!
natedoezgaming
Plort

Re: New Area Idea: glacier valley

Postby Heather » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:33 pm

Welcome to our community Nate!
I really like the idea of a frozen section of the Far, Far Range :)
The freezer option for corrals is neat too, thank you for taking the time to share your suggestions with us.
Heather
Admin

Postby DanielN06 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:30 pm

that's a good idea you can never have to many slimes!!!
DanielN06
Rancher

Postby RancherNichole » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:04 pm

This idea is perfect ~ I love ice/snowy areas in games and something like that sounds fun to navigate.

Although, if you're putting some of the orignal slimes in there I think a rock slime would fit better than a pink slime; espcially since they're in every area and making a mess half the time </3

Other than that, I'd really love to see this in the game!
RancherNichole
Chickadoo

Postby TheJewelOfJool » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:08 pm

This is genius.
TheJewelOfJool
Rancher

Postby Hugger » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:10 pm

I like the freeze idea. It would be cool to have a whole freezer area, like how the Grotto is all shaded. It could be a cave that is keep frozen by something, maybe have special vegetation.
Profile Pic by Mellorine

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=471
Hugger
Rancher

Postby RancherNichole » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Hugger wrote:I like the freeze idea. It would be cool to have a whole freezer area, like how the Grotto is all shaded. It could be a cave that is keep frozen by something, maybe have special vegetation.

Ouhhh yes! I like this idea of a seperate ranch zone to make corals like overgrowth and the grotto. Kind of like a cave with an opening that lets snow in lool; have some snow build up for puddle slimes to sit in and drink to produce plorts qq

maybe the diet can be different? More water based instead of vegetables since they also have the rock slime inspiration for their design; the diet should at least be a little different :c water maybe or ice cubes? If it is vegetables maybe something frozen or covered in ice x_x ...idk; anyone else wanna build off that?
RancherNichole
Chickadoo

Postby BOby » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:58 am

I have a idea if you put a honey slime or a puddle slime in a corral with the upgrade freezer the puddle will become a ice slime and the hony a ici honey slime how drops a plort combined with ice and honey sorry for me bad inglish im spanish
BOby
Plort

Return to General Discussion