Question please

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Question please

Postby ironbear » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:48 am

1. What is the suitable number of rooster to hens in each coop? is it 1 rooster to 11 hens, or should I have 4 to 8?
2. Is there any good in combining slimes into largos? I can fit much fewer largos to each plot compare to normal slime. So it might be food wise, but not really profitable since lesser crystals can be harvested.
3. What combination cause slime to turn into Tarr.
4. How do you get Largos details in the encyclopedia? Or Do they only list the smaller slime?

PS. After my last run, when I return I found that 4 pink slimes manages to escaped from my double high wall and air-net(holding 30 of them inside). and my whole chicken coop was full of pink crystals. All my chicken turn into a great snack for them :D
ironbear
Plort

Re: Question please

Postby marcvermette » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:52 am

So what I know is that Tarr's are created when a largo eats a plort that isn't of its own types. Like if a pink-cat largo eats a rock plort, it will turn into a Tarr. Also the air nets have a certain amount of HP. After your slimes get too angry, they will try to escape. When they hit the net, it's HP goes down. Eventually it breaks and the slimes are free to leave, after it breaks it slowly regenerates its health back. This can be prevented by not putting too many slimes in one corral, getting a music box, or actually feeding your slimes what they like and keeping them happy.
[the treefox waits silently for her return, but knows in its heart she is gone.]
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby Allaki » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:07 am

Largos are highly profitable. If you can supply, say, a rock tabby largo with heart beets. It gets the bonus to favorite food so it produces twice the plorts. This is on top of the two plorts it already produces, so that's four plorts a meal. Five largos produce the same number of plorts as twenty normal slimes. And ten largos will out produce 40. They also offer varied plorts. So if tabby plorts crash, you can still make bank on rock plorts. Half the food, four times the profit.
Allaki
Chickadoo

Postby ironbear » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:38 pm

Ahh ok. Thank you very much.

So anyone got answer for suitable number of rooster to hens?
About Largo, every slime can combine together right? And their food will always be the food of the normal slime that combine together.

Oh, also for trees, after I harvest the fruit already, if I see no small fruit on the tree, does it mean I need to shoot a new fruit into the bin? Or just leave it and it will grow more fruit again and the tree will disappear after no more fruit can be harvested?
ironbear
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:25 pm

ironbear wrote:About Largo, every slime can combine together right? And their food will always be the food of the normal slime that combine together.

Every slime, except for Puddle Slimes and Gold Slimes.

Puddle Plorts explode instantly on touching anything except water, the Plort exchange, or the Vacpack, so slimes can't eat them. Puddle Slimes simply ignore anything put in front of them, including plorts, so they'll never eat a plort and turn into a Largo.

As for Gold Slimes... They don't turn into a Largo when they eat a Plort, just react normally as though it was something like a carrot, and it's fairly obvious why the devs made slimes unable to eat their plorts.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:40 pm

In the future it will be made more clear that puddle slimes don't eat anything as they won't have a mouth. Sounds creepy but I promise they'll still be cute.
Nick
Developer

Postby Allaki » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:19 pm

I tried to experiment on roostros to hens, how ever no matter what I tried, the outcome seemed to be similar, it's jsut way better to go out and capture chickens. That said, if you have a lot of hens in a coop, it seems like only one roostro is the most proficient at producing chickadoos. How ever they will recover from 'harvesting' teh slowest too. An even number of hens and roostros seems to be a better plan, oddly. I definitely think it should be changed so one roostro can impregnate two/three hen hens a 'tick'
Allaki
Chickadoo

Postby ironbear » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:16 am

Ahhh ok, great. thank you very much for all the info :D

Yup I agree, one rooster should be enough to build his harem there. No other rooster should be allowed into his territory hahaha
ironbear
Plort

Postby ironbear » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:39 am

Hi! More question please.

1. How do you get the stone chicks? I got 3 roosters and 3 stone hens (can't remember the name) I took away all the hen hen. But no matter how long I wait I will always get hen hen or rooster only. The stone hen never have stone chicks offspring.
2. I found 2 large slime on the map, but I can't do anything to them. Do they have any interaction or just stay they without any use?
3. I read somewhere about needing the jet pack to fly to another place for some resources, but where are these locations? There is no map in this game right?
ironbear
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:12 am

ironbear wrote:2. I found 2 large slime on the map, but I can't do anything to them. Do they have any interaction or just stay they without any use?
3. I read somewhere about needing the jet pack to fly to another place for some resources, but where are these locations? There is no map in this game right?

2. Feed them what their "normal" versions eat until they explode.

3. See the "Secrets" thread (you may have to scroll back a page or two of forums).
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby ironbear » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Thank you very much. So guess the stone hen is still a secret no one know hahaha
ironbear
Plort

Return to General Discussion