[Idea]Plort crafting and Electricity

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Idea]Plort crafting and Electricity

Postby NanoSlime » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:48 am

So I was reading someones post, they were suggesting the game to use crafting and plorts for upgrading corrals and yourself instead of a currency, so this got me thinking about a few things/ideas for the game.

A few new types of Slime; Electro Slimes, Soil Slimes and Metal Slimes (Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold ext)

Electro Slimes will give you an shock if you come into contact with them, damaging you a little every second you are in contact with it.

these Electro Slimes produce Electro Plorts, these Plorts act sort of like power cores, they can be placed into a power generator and will generate electricity

This electricity is requires to power most things in the Ranch, such as Corrals, Farms and Incinerators, without electricity they cannot function, therefore if you run out of electricity, all of your Slimes will escape.

upgrading a Corral to have higher walls, Auto plort collector or auto feeder will require more energy, therefore meaning you will need more Electro Slimes to power the ranch.

I am suggesting this because after playing the game for a few hours I already have fully upgraded everything, have more than enough food for all of the Slimes and have 15k coins. (i forgot what the currency is called)

the Metal Slimes could be used for crafting, their plorts can be stored to use for upgrading the corrals or building incinerators and Storage Silos.
and the Soil Slimes used for building farms and Coops.

I don't know if this idea is good or not but I would love to have some feedback on it, and hopefully you wonderful developers might get some good ideas from this :3
Hi there, my name is NanoSlime_
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC120bdDHlqjUf9epMwrDXxQ
My first Slime Rancher Video (it's now my most popular video EVER): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1BIC1hnauQ

Have a great day!
NanoSlime
Rancher

Re: [Idea]Plort crafting and Electricity

Postby marcvermette » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:09 am

the electricity is actually not a bad idea and i like the plort crafting. anything that will lengthen the game and make it a bit more challenging works for me.
[the treefox waits silently for her return, but knows in its heart she is gone.]
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby bigfatminer » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:19 am

personally i don't think that the electricity idea is a very good idea, at least not in the way you described it. having all of your slimes escape if you forget to add electro plorts to a generator seems like way to much of a punishment. although maybe instead of being used to power corral walls and such, something else instead.
bigfatminer
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:02 am

Metal Slimes: See Rock Slimes Slimepedia Entry > Plortonomics.

Also, Gold Slimes exist.

I guess the non-gold ones could still be added...
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Hiding » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Maybe later on introduce other power sources. At firdt require manual electric management but be able to research like windmills or use radslime plorts for nuclear energy?

Also for netting need like spiderslime webplorts or something.

Resourse slimes sound interesting though.

Only thing I worry about is an overload of different slimes ofc. Esp if resource slime s become necessary. Maybe have resource slimes be a special luxury worth extra crafting material. So you can go mine for metal but getting a metal plort gives you like 10 stacks of metal if you refine it.
Hiding
Rancher

Return to General Discussion