Something Different

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Something Different

Postby StaticGremlin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:40 pm

Not exactly sure this should go in this section because it is less... species and more... overall AI related. But I think that there should be a consistent way to fully tame one or few slimes at a time and have them follow you around. Like with some player limited collars or something. While this is happening they should not be able to eat plorts and probably not drop them either. Just a way to basically have fun with your favorite slime. I dunno.

The idea came from an AI glitch I found with the feral slimes that I adore. Some of their AI to follow you is left over once you win them over with food and they will happily (and dangerously if said slime is a rock largo) start following you if they see you when you are close. The rock slimes are a bit scary as they seem to get extra damage frames for some reason and can quickly drain your health if you are not careful. But the phosphor slimes are insanely cute and will in fact pick you up and start jumping with you on their head. It's hard not to take a liking to that behavior. Unfortunately the slimes will lose this quirk in their AI if you fully reset the game, which means you can't get a nest of them, which makes me just want follower slimes.

Really I don't know the full extent of things I really want. But I love the slime AI when it follows you peacefully like that and would like to see that more developed. That's all.
StaticGremlin
Plort

Re: Something Different

Postby DanielN06 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:45 pm

wow that's nice.
DanielN06
Rancher

Re: Something Different

Postby Heather » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Welcome to our community.
It's a neat idea, having a 'pet' tame slime.
It would be cool if it impacted game play as well, such as "Chester" in Don't Starve gives you additional storage for example.
You get my personal +1

Thanks for the feedback!
Heather
Admin

Return to General Discussion