Suggestions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestions

Postby marcvermette » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:51 pm

-
-
Summary

Slime Rancher is still in very early stages of development. This means we still have a while to go, and a while to wait. This is a thread where you post your ideas on what should be added to the game or changed. Please try to be realistic and keep it simple. I have to retype all of these ideas so try to keep that in mind. All suggestions are welcome but if I think that some are too unrealistic I will have to remove them. Cheers!

**WIP THREAD**
-
-
Suggestions

Slimes

Environment

Player

Farming

Travel

Trade

Story

Other
-
-
1. I think that you should replace planting the actual fruit or veggie with a seed form.
2. I think that having a town where you can go and sell plorts and crops and buy slimes, upgrades, and seeds would be better than just having to do it with machines.
3. I think that the house (exterior and interior) should be customizable and I also think that you should be able to walk around in the house.
4. I think that you should be able to have a customizable pet slime. (Kind of like a dog but more slime-like) :P
5. More story and interactions between ranchers.
6. More diversity within slime types.
7. Upgrades should cost plorts and money.
8. Rework slime breeding system. Largos should only be created when a PINK slime eats another plort. Make a breeding structure (like a corral). Make it so when two slimes breed, they create a completely different slime, each combination should have a static probability of getting different slime types (some bad and some good). Discovering new slime types from the already basic ones would make the game much more interesting. (like dragonvale)
9. Generators. Everything is powered by electricity and the generator runs off of plorts (some plorts give more electricity than others). You start off with a solar panel but thats only enough to power your house and 4 plots.
10. Products. The game talks about where the plorts that you farmed go and what they create. But why not create those things and send them off for even more profit. You can build factories which process specific plorts into specific things.
11. Delete & move plots. For people with OCD.
12. Splitscreen multiplayer and private servers. (pls)
13. Rare chance of a pink slime spawning with a toupee, a mustache, and a pipe.
14. More enemy slimes
15. Different seasons and weathers and different slimes for each season and weather type. (seasons last 7-10 days) [you would be able to set corral weathers with an upgrade.]
16. Penguin slimes for cold/icy places
17. fish as food. you can build a giant fishbowl to breed them and you get them from ice fishing holes.
18. lava slimes that like it very hot. (you could use texture from splodey slime and change the explodey slime one)
19. cloud slimes for wet places. (kind of like puddle slimes but flying and produce cloud plorts)
20. thunder/electricity slimes.
21. more flying slimes
22. more nocturnal slimes
23. the ability to build a rocket behind your house so you can go to other planets and get foreign crops and slimes.
24. better rewards for doing missions as well as a timer. also some rewards you can only get from missions.
25. more rare slimes that you cant harvest.
26. farm upgrades for reseeding
27. cosmic slimes that you can get while in space in your rocket.
28. epic late game content that will make you feel rewarded for playing so long.
29. a dark, hidden, backstory.
30. clear slime that cannot make largos and instead becomes the slime thats plort it eats.
31. predator/prey slimes
32. helpful slimes
33. feeding favorite foods to a slime has a positive side effect while feeding what isnt its favorite has a negative side effect
34. certain foods affect slime behavior
35. portal to randomly generated area
36. more ways to lose in catastrophic and hilarious ways
37. upgrade ranch aesthetics
38. harvest moon style relationships with people in towns.
39. make less tarr
40. flower slimes (spring)
41. leaf slimes (autumn)
42. tarr containment unit, allows you to farm tarrs by feeding them slimes. (you get corruption plorts which you have to sell on the black market)
43. slime traps to trap rareish slimes
44. chance of spotting rare but catchable slimes
45. more underwater slimes
46. king slime for every breed of slime that you get a skeleton key from.
47. up to 6 slots for vac pack. better range for vac pack. better speed for vac pack. (upgrades)
48. some slimes can be cube shaped (50/50 chance for spherical/cubed)
49. better largo classification and recognition.
50. splitting fruit (feed it to a largo and it splits into the two slimes that it came from)
51. reproduction fruit (feed it to a slime and it makes a duplicate of itself
52. special feed (GMOS)
53. wall and auto harvest upgrade for ponds and gardens
54. aquatic habitat + slimes
55. entropy. slimes die of overpopulation, age, starving
56. farm helpers (like the sprites in harvest moon)
57. dedicated water slot
58. auto harvest chicken pen upgrade
59. slime with valuable plorts but hard to contain
60. ice slime
61. ability to input how many food items an auto-feeder shoots out and how often
62. naming slimes
63. change ranch aesthetics
64. temporary boosters (like foods and drinks for YOU)
65. make upgrades much more expensive so it is harder to advance. its way too easy right now.
66. vastly reduce useful slime spawns (its too easy)
67. rework chicken farming (make it more useful)
68. replace pulse upgrade with a reverse vacuum
69. vacuuming costs a very small amount of energy and reverse vacuuming costs 2x more
70. method of transporting auto harvested plorts faster (expensive upgrade for later game)
71. remove or slow down the point in the game where you can buy everything you like immediately (1-2 hours in)
72. rework slime behavior (aggressiveness, cannibalism, shyness, fondness, following you around, running away, etc)
73. sticky slimes that can climb walls
74. BABY SLIMES
75. pest slime that spawns on or around crops and farm animals and wrecks them.
76. ability to put a scare slime on chicken pens rather than higher walls
77. ditto-like slime (:D)
78. invisible walls that prevent you from jetpacking into wip areas or places you havent bought in yet
Last edited by marcvermette on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 17 times in total.
[the treefox waits silently for her return, but knows in its heart she is gone.]
marcvermette
Rancher

Re: Suggestions

Postby ADcrafter » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:49 am

You couldnt say things that i liked more! i really wish the devs hear you and maybe even like it too! also, heres my idea:

Classy Slime

- Plorts: Classy Plort
- Eats: Meat and Veggies
- Favorite Food: Elder Hen

Description: These Classy Slimes have the best moustaches of all the slimes. They also have the only moustaches of all the slimes.
Further Description: Classy Slimes are passive, but can get very agressive when they have a empty belly, trying to attack their rancher.
Plort Description: Classy Plorts are often used to make a special kind of tea, appreciated by gentlemen
Attachments
Classy Slime On dah Park.png
PS: sorry, i simply love it.
Classy Slime On dah Park.png (10.35 KiB) Viewed 17147 times
Last edited by ADcrafter on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
money is the barrier of dreams.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby MajesticKumquat » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:31 am

just by the way, when you go to download the game, the second link for "Windows 64" is misspelled to "Windown 64"
MajesticKumquat
Plort

Postby Sizzothegreat » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:34 am

holy hell a pet slime thats an amazing idea
Sizzothegreat
Plort

Postby marcvermette » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:37 pm

BUMP
[the treefox waits silently for her return, but knows in its heart she is gone.]
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby Zandor101 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:17 am

1. More enemy slimes besides just the tarr.
2. climate control upgrade/setting for corrals for ones that need it.
3. penguin slimes that like cold/ice.
4. Molten Lava slimes that need it hot.
5. Misty Cloud slimes that need it wet.
6. Thunderous slimes that need it dry.
7. More flying slimes.
8. More nocturnal slimes to really make use of the cave.
9. The ability to buy a new area behind the house that becomes a landing pad where you can buy/build and shuttle that will let you go to other planets to collect/harvest slimes, etc.
10. 2-player co-op MP.
11. Better rewards for the mission, with a time left timer for it as well. and some slimes you can only get from doing trade missions. That way more people will do them. Like building a rep with the person will/can lead to getting a rare slime that you can only get from doing that.
12. More rare slimes like the gold that you cant harvest but can only feed or do something with it to get its plort. Like silver, diamond, rainbow, etc.. (lol random I think of the star power from mario and make it a slime with cool music. Maybe its a very small chance that a Tarr can have one of these so you will want to get rid of them as fast as you can so they dont eat him)
13. When you fall in or toss in slimes to the water add like a slime serpent that eats them and if you do it to much it will like attack the area or spit out some hostile slimes.
14. Farm upgrades that add a hopper so that it can re-seed itself as needed.
15. A flying manta, whale and shark slimes that attack the ranchers that are up on top of the map walls.
16. Weather. Rain, fog, etc. can even have slimes like the night time.
17. Traps and other dangers for the rancher to watch out for.
18. Cosmic slimes that look all galactic with darkness, stars, nebs, etc inside them.
19. More types of food around the board.
20. Epic late/end game content that will make the game worth continuing after you finished collecting it all, maybe even random map gen planets that way you always have something new to explore.
Zandor101
Plort

Postby Core » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:13 am

ADcrafter's idea got me thinking, how about adding an Imposto Slime, wich is a rare variant of the regular Pink Slime but does nothing different except from wearing a toupee, a mustache and a pipe.
This could be a fun easter egg/nod to a game nick previously worked on called 'Spiral Knights'.
Attachments
11989637453_179c2040f3.jpg
11989637453_179c2040f3.jpg (15.13 KiB) Viewed 17107 times
Contact me on my Steam if you want to talk to me!
Core
Plort

Postby ADcrafter » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:48 am

Core wrote:ADcrafter's idea got me thinking, how about adding an Imposto Slime, wich is a rare variant of the regular Pink Slime but does nothing different except from wearing a toupee, a mustache and a pipe.
This could be a fun easter egg/nod to a game nick previously worked on called 'Spiral Knights'.

Classy slime is more Classy and gentleman-ish!
money is the barrier of dreams.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby Souldrake » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:38 am

** EDITS: New Suggestions 1/07 (v0.2.2) **
1) It seems people think the garden is OP, while I disagree as I see us having many more slimes in the future, I would suggest the following ideas as opposed to nerfing the garden:
-- More crops available. Stop current health regeneration. Make us cook food or craft potions from crops to regen health and/or heal.
-- Perhaps split energy and stamina? It's odd that dashing (running) uses the same metric as jetpack fuel. This could open the way for slimes and/or crops for growing energy and stamina resources.

2) Slime Science idea.
-- Perhaps adding a distillery so that we could brew extracts, etc. from plots and fruits/vegetables. These "extracts" could then be infused into food and fed to a slime. The slime could either: die, explode into a new fruit/veggy type, or
mutate into a new livestock/slime type. Perhaps in more advanced and powerful extracts this could instantly turn the slime into a Tarr or perhaps something even worse. This idea came about because I was thinking it would be nice to have
something to do with the millions of pink slimes that spawn so close to your ranch other than throwing them into the slime sea when it gets a bit on the crowded side.

-- Rough example off the top of the head: creating mint mango essence and honey essence and infusing these into a heart beet and fed to a pink slime may create a new "peppermint" slime while feeding it to a rock slime may result in a
new "peppermint" plant (a combination of pepper mint and bell pepper.)

3) Grotto Idea:
-- Crops that can only be grown in darkness (ie. the grotto)
- Mushrooms and fungi, Crystal types (maybe some slimes eat rocks?), etc.

-- Slime types
"shadow" or "gloom" slime, bat slime (maybe they actually hang out on the ceiling of their cages requiring a new/special kind of cage for flying slimes?), scaly slime, blood slime (perhaps the bat slime is a vampire type bat that eats blood
slimes?), crystal slime (which perhaps eat crystals and those crystals then grow in the slime)

4) The Exchange/Trade Machine thing.
-- The more I see it, the more I look at it... the less I like it. As many people have suggested, I'd much rather see a town one that could even, perhaps, grow and change depending on what actions and trades you do or do not perform. I realize
that's a bit complicated and perhaps not the original goal of the game, but i like to see things grow and change and it'd be nice to have something that did so other than your corrals, etc. I never really have much use for it, personally. Most of
the time they ask for things I can't afford to give up or give me things I don't really want or need.

Old Suggestions:
** Slime Science Suggestions **

Creation of new slime types by a combination of feeding plorts, foods, etc.
EXAMPLE:
New Slime type: "Clear" slime. This slime does not make largoes, instead it absorbs the color of a plort that is fed to it.
Creating a white slime with this new clear type and feeding it carrots over time may result in mutation to a bunny slime ( Example pic: http://i63.tinypic.com/x5xif6.jpg )

Having a VAT for slime combination with possible !!FUN!! (Read: possibilities of hilarious and catastrophic consequences.)
Vat would have to be placed near corrals, thus unruly slimes could potentially launch themselves into the vat and cause catastrophic or unexpectedly good results. Imagine getting your vat ready when you turn around and see that tower of
pink slimes you forgot to feed shoot one of their buddies out of the pen and into your vat. >.>;

Vats may allow for the creation of new slime types without producing a Largo.
Easy example:
Instead of Pink Slime + Rock Slime = Pink / Rock Largo, the VAT may produce a Purple slime.

The vat or some sort of workshop could be use to create aquarium/terrarium type corrals for certain slimes. Pool corrals for puddle slimes. Maybe a desert for cactus/sand slimes. A jungle for jungle/monkey slimes. Arctic corral for ice slimes. That sort of thing. Perhaps certain areas can be opened up later that have larger areas for these cage types that are much larger than the standard corral so that they can look unique and cool.

What about slimes that actually hunt and prefer to eat other slime types?

Slime Circus... it's like a flea circus... but for slimes.

Fruit Mutation:
Create new fruits, livestock, etc.
Example : Cubberry + Honey Plort = Honey Dew Berry. Perhaps a mutated slime would like this berry, or perhaps this berry could mutate a slime into something new?

Helpful slimes: (for those who want to have a free ranch style like the overgrowth area suggests.
Rain Slimes: drink water from nearby ponds and will water / fertilize gardens for you.
Bug Slimes: Perhaps hen-hens and roostros would consume their plorts to reproduce faster?
Chicken slimes: instead of plorts they create eggs/chickens?

Certain fruits and/or foods affect slime abilities and behavior.
Example:
Pogofruits make slimes jump higher.

** REPLAYABILITY **

-- Randomize the world a bit. There is code for teleportation and such in the game, why not add teleporters that will take you to a new area randomly generated each time you play the game? Perhaps these areas can also have rare resources and/or slimes that you cannot get in other play-throughs allowing for more replayability.

-- More ways to "lose" in hilarious and catastrophic ways-- (OH NO!! IT's GODZILLA SLIME!!! AAAH!!!)

-- Plorts to upgrade your ranch/home in both size and aesthetics.

-- Perhaps people and/or towns that you can interact with and perhaps even develop relationships with. Not necessarily the whole date/get married/have kids depth, but you know... interact and stuff.

-- Monsters in the world that pose dangers to the player and eat slimes (other than the Tarr and perhaps some non-slime based creatures.)

** Tarr **

The Tarr seems like something that should be there to punish excessive or over-zealous slime science, not something that occurs naturally as frequently as it does. Perhaps making largos that eat a plort not of their make up just destabilizes them and they explode and die getting slime all over the place instead of creating Tarr?
Last edited by Souldrake on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Souldrake
Chickadoo

Postby Birdy128 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:34 am

1. Add Seasonal Slimes. After around 7 - 10 days the seasons change and certain slimes become available to catch.
2. Winter Slimes - Comes during Winter-Time - Needs cold climate - can have a upgrade for corrals to cool down the corral or have a new ranch expansion. produces Ice plorts
3. Flower Slimes - Comes during Spring-Time - has no special requirements. produces flower plorts
4. Heat Slimes - Comes during Summer-Time - Needs warm climate - Corral upgrade to heat up corral - produces heat plorts
5. Leaf Slime -Come during Autumn-Time - No special requirement - Produces Leaf Plorts
6. Tarr Containment Unit - Costs 750 coins - Can be used to store Tarr slimes - Allows you to feed the Tarr other slimes and collect their plorts - Produces Corruption Plorts
7. Slime Traps - Can be bought in different parts of the map - If Left alone for a while it will catch rarer slimes which can then be collected.
8. More underwater, airborne and nocturnal slimes.
9. More "King" Slimes around the map to feed until they explode
10. Vacuum Gun upgrades - More Slots, So you can carry 5 different types of items. Different Vacuum Gun models. Increased Vacuum Rate, Increased Vacuum Range
Birdy128
Plort

Postby Zandor101 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:50 pm

I love reading what everyone thinks but I feel that TARRs should be left alone. Right now they are the only thing that is a threat to ranchers. Not all slimes should have to produce and they should "occur naturally" since its slimes way of keeping balance like nature does all the time. They are not such a threat that they need to be nerfed or anything, hell I would even go and say they should boost their damage from 10 to like 25 or something and allow them to grab you like they do other slimes. But as it stands TARRs are super easy to deal with. Suck and push or spray with water.

Now I am not hating on your ideas, I love them and I see some are even like mine. MORE SLIMES. But I am tried of the TARR hate. I stand for TARR.
Zandor101
Plort

Postby Daikaze » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:57 pm

So, I've finally gotten to try the game after seeing some Youtubers play it (discovered Slime Rancher via SplatterCat).

1) Largo Classification: Largos deserve unique names and properties. Right now, Largos are just [Slime A] [Slime B] Largo with properties of both Slimes. I'd like to see things like Honey Bee Slime (Phosphorous + Honey). Bonus if it has unique properties, but it'd just be nice to see them as something unique (with a Slimepedia entry too).

2) Cubes: Like regular Slimes, but cubed... It'd be a nice reference to the old Gelatinous Cube.

3) Reproduction Fruits: Feed a slime this special fruit and it'll clone itself.

4) Splitting Fruit: Feed this to a Largo and watch it split into two slimes (based on heritage).

5) Puggy Slimes: Little dog slimes that don't get along with Tabby Slimes.

6) Special Feed: This is a weird one, but I think there should be fewer upgrades for Corrals and instead effects could be added to foods. Basically, different foods could alter the mood/behaviors on Slimes (temporarily). If your Slimes are getting rowdy, then you could feed them a "calming" fruit. Although, maybe fruit isn't the best category for this idea since not every Slime eats fruit... It could just be a generic feed option, it doesn't have to result in Plorts being made. It'd works towards creating a gold sink for the game so that you have to do more to manage your Corrals.

7) +1 for Seasonal Slimes (and Seasons, of course). Even better if some types of Slimes hibernate during the winter.

8) +1 for more Nocturnal Slimes.

9) +1 for towns as a replacement for the vending machines.

10) Auto-Collector and Barrier upgrades for Ponds and Gardens.

11) Aquarium Corrals & Aquatic Slimes: Find more Slimes that prefer/need the water with special Corrals to raise them. Honestly, this concept could be expanded for any sort of Slime habitat. Maybe a Slime that requires a volcanic habitat, so you have a super-hot Corral or special area to raise them.

12) Entropy - Currently, Slimes seem to be despawning as a bug, but it'd be interesting to have Slimes deteriorate over time. Some might get too old, others might starve or die from over crowding.

Basically, I'm all for anything that increases experimentation and makes managing Slimes a bit more challenging. I'm a big fan of Harvest Moon, so having things like Seasons, and Slimes/Crops that may need special conditions to produce plorts is always cool.
Daikaze
Plort

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Core wrote:ADcrafter's idea got me thinking, how about adding an Imposto Slime, wich is a rare variant of the regular Pink Slime but does nothing different except from wearing a toupee, a mustache and a pipe.

added-
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:11 pm

Zandor101 wrote:1. More enemy slimes besides just the tarr.
2. climate control upgrade/setting for corrals for ones that need it.
3. penguin slimes that like cold/ice.
4. Molten Lava slimes that need it hot.
5. Misty Cloud slimes that need it wet.
6. Thunderous slimes that need it dry.
7. More flying slimes.
8. More nocturnal slimes to really make use of the cave.
9. The ability to buy a new area behind the house that becomes a landing pad where you can buy/build and shuttle that will let you go to other planets to collect/harvest slimes, etc.
10. 2-player co-op MP.
11. Better rewards for the mission, with a time left timer for it as well. and some slimes you can only get from doing trade missions. That way more people will do them. Like building a rep with the person will/can lead to getting a rare slime that you can only get from doing that.
12. More rare slimes like the gold that you cant harvest but can only feed or do something with it to get its plort. Like silver, diamond, rainbow, etc.. (lol random I think of the star power from mario and make it a slime with cool music. Maybe its a very small chance that a Tarr can have one of these so you will want to get rid of them as fast as you can so they dont eat him)
13. When you fall in or toss in slimes to the water add like a slime serpent that eats them and if you do it to much it will like attack the area or spit out some hostile slimes.
14. Farm upgrades that add a hopper so that it can re-seed itself as needed.
15. A flying manta, whale and shark slimes that attack the ranchers that are up on top of the map walls.
16. Weather. Rain, fog, etc. can even have slimes like the night time.
17. Traps and other dangers for the rancher to watch out for.
18. Cosmic slimes that look all galactic with darkness, stars, nebs, etc inside them.
19. More types of food around the board.
20. Epic late/end game content that will make the game worth continuing after you finished collecting it all, maybe even random map gen planets that way you always have something new to explore.

added
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Souldrake wrote:I am going to repost my suggestions in this thread as the author of the other thread seems to want to cherry pick and modify suggestions to suit his own tastes instead of being impartial.

** Slime Science Suggestions **

Creation of new slime types by a combination of feeding plorts, foods, etc.
EXAMPLE:
New Slime type: "Clear" slime. This slime does not make largoes, instead it absorbs the color of a plort that is fed to it.
Creating a white slime with this new clear type and feeding it carrots over time may result in mutation to a bunny slime ( Example pic: http://i63.tinypic.com/x5xif6.jpg )

Having a VAT for slime combination with possible !!FUN!! (Read: possibilities of hilarious and catastrophic consequences.)
Vat would have to be placed near corrals, thus unruly slimes could potentially launch themselves into the vat and cause catastrophic or unexpectedly good results. Imagine getting your vat ready when you turn around and see that tower of
pink slimes you forgot to feed shoot one of their buddies out of the pen and into your vat. >.>;

Vats may allow for the creation of new slime types without producing a Largo.
Easy example:
Instead of Pink Slime + Rock Slime = Pink / Rock Largo, the VAT may produce a Purple slime.

The vat or some sort of workshop could be use to create aquarium/terrarium type corrals for certain slimes. Pool corrals for puddle slimes. Maybe a desert for cactus/sand slimes. A jungle for jungle/monkey slimes. Arctic corral for ice slimes. That sort of thing. Perhaps certain areas can be opened up later that have larger areas for these cage types that are much larger than the standard corral so that they can look unique and cool.

What about slimes that actually hunt and prefer to eat other slime types?

Slime Circus... it's like a flea circus... but for slimes.

Fruit Mutation:
Create new fruits, livestock, etc.
Example : Cubberry + Honey Plort = Honey Dew Berry. Perhaps a mutated slime would like this berry, or perhaps this berry could mutate a slime into something new?

Helpful slimes: (for those who want to have a free ranch style like the overgrowth area suggests.
Rain Slimes: drink water from nearby ponds and will water / fertilize gardens for you.
Bug Slimes: Perhaps hen-hens and roostros would consume their plorts to reproduce faster?
Chicken slimes: instead of plorts they create eggs/chickens?

Certain fruits and/or foods affect slime abilities and behavior.
Example:
Pogofruits make slimes jump higher.

** REPLAYABILITY **

-- Randomize the world a bit. There is code for teleportation and such in the game, why not add teleporters that will take you to a new area randomly generated each time you play the game? Perhaps these areas can also have rare resources and/or slimes that you cannot get in other play-throughs allowing for more replayability.

-- More ways to "lose" in hilarious and catastrophic ways-- (OH NO!! IT's GODZILLA SLIME!!! AAAH!!!)

-- Plorts to upgrade your ranch/home in both size and aesthetics.

-- Perhaps people and/or towns that you can interact with and perhaps even develop relationships with. Not necessarily the whole date/get married/have kids depth, but you know... interact and stuff.

-- Monsters in the world that pose dangers to the player and eat slimes (other than the Tarr and perhaps some non-slime based creatures.)

** Tarr **

The Tarr seems like something that should be there to punish excessive or over-zealous slime science, not something that occurs naturally as frequently as it does. Perhaps making largos that eat a plort not of their make up just destabilizes them and they explode and die getting slime all over the place instead of creating Tarr?

added
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Birdy128 wrote:1. Add Seasonal Slimes. After around 7 - 10 days the seasons change and certain slimes become available to catch.
2. Winter Slimes - Comes during Winter-Time - Needs cold climate - can have a upgrade for corrals to cool down the corral or have a new ranch expansion. produces Ice plorts
3. Flower Slimes - Comes during Spring-Time - has no special requirements. produces flower plorts
4. Heat Slimes - Comes during Summer-Time - Needs warm climate - Corral upgrade to heat up corral - produces heat plorts
5. Leaf Slime -Come during Autumn-Time - No special requirement - Produces Leaf Plorts
6. Tarr Containment Unit - Costs 750 coins - Can be used to store Tarr slimes - Allows you to feed the Tarr other slimes and collect their plorts - Produces Corruption Plorts
7. Slime Traps - Can be bought in different parts of the map - If Left alone for a while it will catch rarer slimes which can then be collected.
8. More underwater, airborne and nocturnal slimes.
9. More "King" Slimes around the map to feed until they explode
10. Vacuum Gun upgrades - More Slots, So you can carry 5 different types of items. Different Vacuum Gun models. Increased Vacuum Rate, Increased Vacuum Range

added
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:19 pm

Daikaze wrote:So, I've finally gotten to try the game after seeing some Youtubers play it (discovered Slime Rancher via SplatterCat).

1) Largo Classification: Largos deserve unique names and properties. Right now, Largos are just [Slime A] [Slime B] Largo with properties of both Slimes. I'd like to see things like Honey Bee Slime (Phosphorous + Honey). Bonus if it has unique properties, but it'd just be nice to see them as something unique (with a Slimepedia entry too).

2) Cubes: Like regular Slimes, but cubed... It'd be a nice reference to the old Gelatinous Cube.

3) Reproduction Fruits: Feed a slime this special fruit and it'll clone itself.

4) Splitting Fruit: Feed this to a Largo and watch it split into two slimes (based on heritage).

5) Puggy Slimes: Little dog slimes that don't get along with Tabby Slimes.

6) Special Feed: This is a weird one, but I think there should be fewer upgrades for Corrals and instead effects could be added to foods. Basically, different foods could alter the mood/behaviors on Slimes (temporarily). If your Slimes are getting rowdy, then you could feed them a "calming" fruit. Although, maybe fruit isn't the best category for this idea since not every Slime eats fruit... It could just be a generic feed option, it doesn't have to result in Plorts being made. It'd works towards creating a gold sink for the game so that you have to do more to manage your Corrals.

7) +1 for Seasonal Slimes (and Seasons, of course). Even better if some types of Slimes hibernate during the winter.

8) +1 for more Nocturnal Slimes.

9) +1 for towns as a replacement for the vending machines.

10) Auto-Collector and Barrier upgrades for Ponds and Gardens.

11) Aquarium Corrals & Aquatic Slimes: Find more Slimes that prefer/need the water with special Corrals to raise them. Honestly, this concept could be expanded for any sort of Slime habitat. Maybe a Slime that requires a volcanic habitat, so you have a super-hot Corral or special area to raise them.

12) Entropy - Currently, Slimes seem to be despawning as a bug, but it'd be interesting to have Slimes deteriorate over time. Some might get too old, others might starve or die from over crowding.

Basically, I'm all for anything that increases experimentation and makes managing Slimes a bit more challenging. I'm a big fan of Harvest Moon, so having things like Seasons, and Slimes/Crops that may need special conditions to produce plorts is always cool.

added
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby lemonlock » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:18 pm

I know its a small suggestion, but perhaps a timer/clock just above the trading station which lets you know how much time left before it refreshes. I get a little peeved when a good trade come in and I go to collect things and get maybe all but one of the items traded in and it rolls over to the next trade.
lemonlock
Plort

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:32 pm

lemonlock wrote:I know its a small suggestion, but perhaps a timer/clock just above the trading station which lets you know how much time left before it refreshes. I get a little peeved when a good trade come in and I go to collect things and get maybe all but one of the items traded in and it rolls over to the next trade.

already been added to list :)
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby felmane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:13 pm

I think it would be cool (and increase the difficulty) if you had to keep your slimes happy (ie. not shoving 50 into a single corral) or slime PETA will come shut you down
felmane
Plort

Postby xoyv » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:57 pm

had a serious idea a while ago: dedicated water slot

because who wants to drop an entire slot of valuables just to combat a tar?
xoyv
Plort

Postby buildo22 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:02 pm

My suggestions:
    an upgrade for the chicken coop that automatically sucks up chickens into a container
    a sticky slime that has really valuable plorts but can get out of corrals easier
    and an ice slime.
buildo22
Plort

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:09 pm

xoyv wrote:had a serious idea a while ago: dedicated water slot

because who wants to drop an entire slot of valuables just to combat a tar?
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:10 pm

buildo22 wrote:My suggestions:
    an upgrade for the chicken coop that automatically sucks up chickens into a container
    a sticky slime that has really valuable plorts but can get out of corrals easier
    and an ice slime.

added
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby aooga321 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:07 pm

I'm going to try to keep my suggestions as realistic, implementable, and in the spirit of the game as possible. I'll also try to not repeat other's suggestions too much.

1. Ability to input how many food items an auto-feeder shoots out and how often.
2. Increased Vac Slots (expensive upgrades)
3. Game needs some gold sinks, especially in late game (naming slimes, ranch aesthetics, temporary boosts, etc.)
4a. Vastly reduced slime spawns (water slimes are the only type that require a bit of work to acquire at the moment, it should feel special to find the slime you are looking for)
4b. The ability to breed slimes (balancing may be an issue here)
5. Slime death (As ranchers, our slimes should be precious. A visual indicator of when they are about to die.)
6. Reworked chicken farming (chicken coops are very under powered right now, they produce too slow. And although it's a bug, you can't create more stony hens)
7. Replace the pulse upgrade with a reverse suction upgrade (imagine the fun of scattering slimes with an overpowered leaf blower!)
8. A method of transporting auto-harvested plorts faster. (Late game, it's easy to spend an entire day just sucking up and selling plorts. Not really fun.)
9. Slow down the mid-game (There's a point where you start making money insanely fast and can buy all the upgrades, pens, etc in just a few days.)
10a. A slime that interacts with farming in some way (perhaps it produces it's own type of fruit or it's plorts can be used as fertalizer)
10b. A slime that hoards collected food inside of it. It expands as it collects and you can see the items inside of it. Sucking the slime will cause it to stick to the vac, extracting the food inside. (It'll eat what it needs from it's hoard when it is hungry, but otherwise makes for a useful harvester)
11. Seasons and/or Weather (small things like water slimes spawning in the rain have a huge impact on immersion)
12. Slime temperance (aggressive to other species, aggressive to only their own species, aggressive to slimes with the same diet, shy slimes, defensive slimes, follow you around slimes, etc.)

From here on I'm just going to have different slime suggestions
-Sticky slime that can climb walls
-Mini slimes (work together kind of like an ant colony)
-Hoarding Slime (as above, see 10b)
-Nocturnal Slime (sleeps during the day, eats at night only)
-Pest Slime that sometimes spawns near your crops (better have tabby or scare-slime on guard)
-Imitation slime (Always looks like and behaves like a different slime, but changes upon eating different plorts or randomly for survival when very hungry. Unintended largos anyone?)
aooga321
Plort

Next

Return to General Discussion