Some feedback and impressions

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Some feedback and impressions

Postby Souldrake » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:50 pm

First of all, the game is quite awesome. I saw Splattercat playing it on YouTube and I was like... MUST HAVE NAO!!11!!

*ahem* now for some more seriousness:

1) Phosphorous slimes-- In the version I downloaded... I forgot the number, but Phosphorous slimes just... disappear after a few days. I put them in the grotto where they're supposed to be fine. In a cage. Even added solar paneling but they just poof after a few days. I've tried crossbreeding them into various largos, etc. but same result. I don't really get it. They don't seem to be getting out of the cage, it's fully upgraded- high walls, music box, air net, solar panels, autofeeder with fruit inside... but they just keep disappearing. I've noticed Splatter hasn't really had this problem in his playthrough. I wonder if he has a different version.

2) I'd really like something to do with my plorts other than sell them. Use them for upgrades, mutate chickens or fruits, fertilize fields, use them to make all new slimes (not largoes, but completely new species of slimes)

3) Right now, I only have a pen of honey slimes, one of rock slimes and a pond for puddle slimes and the failing phosphorous slimes in the grotto, but the market prices on ALL plorts just bottoms out. Sure, if I flood the market on one type it should go down, but all the prices just keep dropping and dropping so I hoard my plorts waiting for it to go up again... it'd be nice to be able to do something in the meantime (see 2) but the market seems kinda fickle/finicky.

4) There needs to be a "aquarium/pond cage" type corral. The puddle slimes don't really go anywhere, but in order to collect the plorts you need 3 open slots for water, the slimes and the plorts or you get a mess of slimes and/or plorts flying all around your ranch. It'd be nice to have something to collect them easier without having to worry about that.

5) Fruit trees and gardens are a little strange. Sometimes I shoot the veggie or fruit in the bin and nothing grows. Sometimes it will grow. Sometimes the tree/garden will update, sometimes it won't. It'd be nice if there was a more consistent: you put one fruit in, you will get a harvest indication. I know I've shot like 3 cubberies into a garden till I saw red fruits and the next day I only got like 5 fruits off the tree before I had to shoot it again to get the fruits to grow.

6) It'd be nice to have some more grotto-based slimes and or foods- Mushrooms perhaps? Gloom slimes/shadow slimes or something?

7) The Tarr is rather easy to avoid on the ranch, but seems to be quite a common occurrence in the wild. To me, when I first saw it, I figured it was a mechanic to punish over-eager slime "SCIENCE" (SLIENCE?) And, to be honest, I think more smile science would make the game just that much more enjoyable.

8) Kitty slimes... what about bunny slimes? The kitty slimes reminded me of the usapunis that are in the Atlier game series of Japanese RPGs. (Usa = usagi = rabbit in Japanese. Puni puni means "bouncy" or "jiggly" but it's basically a cute name for a slime.)

That's all for now. The game is quite fun and enjoyable in the stage of things, and I look foward to the future developments!
Souldrake
Chickadoo

Re: Some feedback and impressions

Postby KitsuneRyo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:11 pm

I agree with a lot of this.... I also think the Tarr is a BIT over powered.... I'm constantly being knocked out by hordes of Tarrs in the wild, especially in areas where you can't shoot them away! I don't know if shooting water into them is supposed to be the way to fight... I've tried, but they just get pushed around. Maybe make it more clear??? Seriously, I'm tired of being ganked by Tarrs......
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby Souldrake » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:47 pm

You can shoot them with water. It takes about 5 hits to kill one with water.
Souldrake
Chickadoo

Postby Kiba » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:28 am

1. That's not the fault of the phosphor slimes, that's actually the Grotto itself eating them up. Nothing stays in there. Use the ranch extensions only for farming fruits and vegetables.

2. Additional uses for plorts would be great, I agree. You seem to have some pretty nifty ideas!

3. Yeah, the market's pretty finicky right now it seems. Don't know how it works.

4. The ponds seem to be very WIPish as of yet.

5. Replant one of whatever you harvested after every harvest. That should help.

6. More slimes are definitely the most anticipated feature of every update.

7. Those happen a lot when three or more slimes spawn in the same area. It's a wonder they can survive.

8. If there are bunny slimes they better be modeled after me! >:U http://i.imgur.com/Jksw57t.jpg
Kiba
Rancher

Return to General Discussion