[GameDev] Fixes & Ideas

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[GameDev] Fixes & Ideas

Postby minisephirot » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Heya,
Before starting I have to say that I love the game, it's probably the best EA i've played on steam by far, everything is polished and it's actually the first one that made me want to join a forum to discuss bugs and stuff. I'm very found of game design and game direction so it's a pleasure (to try to) help.

Here we go.

• Sometimes with boom slimes, some plorts happen to go throught the barrier of the corral, i'm not sure how maybe with the velocity given by the explosions let them go under the barrier. Sometimes it even happens 2 times in a row ending giving birth to hybrids from adjacent corrals.

• I find one wierd bug while using the flashlight in the cave and left it, I pressed R too :
    As you can see it's daylight but the terrain looks like it's midnight, reloading the game fixes it.

• Flashlight does weird things to trees :
    Image ON
    Image OFF

• The flashlight aura end abruptly on the floor, while it's not doing it on walls :

• The jetpack or energy mechanic is strange, when I sprinted it used energy, but then I used a jetpack and it used the same energy that I use for sprinting. Am I Human or a machine ? The jetpack use my own metabolism to function ?

• Overgrowth expension or Coop need balancing, There is no use actually for coops since the overgrowth area produce far more hen than coop. I think that the coop should produce more.

• Largos are a pain to work with, if you're not affording a plort collector you're doomed to try collecting your plorts for 30 min.

• Auto-feeders should have the option to be able to take back the things you putted in, Today I had to wait 100 carrots to be fed to my slimes to finally be able to put them their prefered diet.

• 4 tank slots is really low, it's pretty much what you make you slowly progress in the game, have the possibility to have more of them would be nice but it should be really high-priced since it's going to make you earn more.

• When you have 100 plorts in your plort collector you have to sell them 20 per 20 or 50 per 50 while your others tanks are empty, why can't I put them in the others ? It shouldn't be a thing.
    Same apply to plort collectors that have a 100 plort slot always empty if you don't use hybrids.

• Selecting your tank is hard to see, if i'm not using 1-4 keys i'll mess it up 50% of the time, maybe make the selection bigger or highlighted.

• When you're starting, having to put/take 1 per 1 plort in the market/plort collector isn't really a problem but when you have 6 corrals each one on 100 plort stocked it really gets odd.

• Gordos should have a "Nom Nom" sound, I wasn't sure what to do with them before I checked somewhere else.

• Those lovely creatures have visuals to identify them but they should have sounds too ! I thought highpiched sound for booms, highpiched and short sounds for tamy/hunters, something really oniric an low pitched for the phosphor ones :D

• Dark slimes could produce rare plorts, like 10% chance after eating stuff, so like that putting them in your ranch could be a hight risk/hight reward feature

• I'm not sure that the boom slimes have their place in the jungle area, it looks kinda off..

• I thought about some cool slimes even if they're not that "cute" :
    -ethanol slimes, eating rotten stuff only and with some bubbles particules making you dizzy if you touches them
    -Ice slimes in frozen areas, looking like a slime shape in a ice cube, sliding on the floor
    -Electric slimes wich speaks by himself, magnetic slimes etc..

This game made me think alot and I'm pretty sure that whatever you do it's gonna be great :3
Hope I helped with some player point of view, it's the best thing that we can offer :D
minisephirot
Plort

Return to General Discussion