Feeding You Back

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Feeding You Back

Postby Damocles346 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:19 am

Heyo, I found this game through Etalyxs' youtube channel, just so you know, and I knew I was going to love it as soon as he started describing it. Followed the bread crumbs, and here I am. You guys seem to want feedback, so I am going to throw some down.

First off: LOVE IT! It's a great direction, and a hit. The color scheme is fun and playful. The gameplay feels tactile, the world, while a bit sparse, has the potential to be super vibrant.

#1: SLIME BREEDING: I think the slime breeding system, as is, is shallow, and needs a complete rework. The way I am envisioning it in my head is that instead of creating hybrid slimes, you breed slimes together to make completely new ones, which you breed to get even crazier ones. To me, the largos as they are right now are a bit boring. I think largos should be the sole product of the pink slimes, as a way to get more of a specific type of plort. Each slime needs a reason for being bred, right? So right now, once I get to the moss blanket, I can just throw out all my slimes and get tons of honey slimes. They give me a good return guarantee, and since money is the only reason to get plorts right now, that's about all there is to the game. Reasons for breeding slimes comes in at #2 even more.

#2: VIBRANT ECOSYSTEM: So this one kind of follows from 1. I think the heart and soul of this game is discovery. You get plopped into this world and told to ranch slimes, and you're like "what even is this... do... oh look, cute!" and the game just runs with it from there. I think a priority should be creating awesome interactions to discover in the world and with the slimes. Here is a dumb example: Keeping honey slimes near your fruit trees makes them produce more fruit, as the honey slimes attract insects to pollinate the fruit. That's a dumb example, and I don't care for it one way or the other, but the point is that this is an interaction that wouldn't be listed anywhere in a manual or the slimepedia. As the player goes through the world, they get to learn all these little tricks to being a slime rancher, and soon that totally made up and sill title comes to mean something to them. Taking phosphor slimes out on the third day of each week makes them change colors, or if you make a largo out of two slimes and then take him out into the world in a certain area he attracts slimes out of the ground that the player has never seen before, or whatever, I think you get the idea.

That's all I have right now. There are lots of things that need to be improved of course, but I am pretty sure you know about those, and that they just take time. Loved the hour or two I was able to sink into the game. I will for sure come back every time you even hint at dropping an update. Super excited to see this game grow up and become even more amazing than it already is!
Damocles346
Plort

Re: Feeding You Back

Postby ADcrafter » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:53 pm

So, huh... This is what i think about what you say:

#1: About the first topic, i dont think youre very right, buddy... Let me explain:
- If the developers needed to make new slimes for every combination of slimes, with new characteristics each and a new model, they would take forever to finish the game, simply becausse developing games isnt easy. (And lets not comment about the idea of every new slimes making even new breeds of slimes)
- The Largos are my favorite mechanics of this game, and if you changed that, things like the Tarr would need to be changed as well.

#2: I simply love it. Im pretty sure thats what the devs are trying to do currently, create a vibrant and beautiful world with different slimes with different characteristics, behaviors and different ways of interacting with them. Thats what makes this game so good!

-> So, thats what i think of it, please, tell me your opnion about my opnion about YOUR opnion! :)
money is the barrier of dreams.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby Damocles346 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Uh... ok. I don't particularly care about your opinion. I care more about your inability to include the first I in opinion than what you actually said...

Not to be rude or anything, but the point was to give feedback to the deves, and I'm preeeeety sure you're not one.
Damocles346
Plort

Postby ADcrafter » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:24 pm

Well i never said i was a dev, silly. But, as a person, i gotta say that my opnion IS important as well, so, what about instead of being rude for me saying MY opnion just like you told YOUR opnion, you read what the other ones are saying and remember that YOU'RE not better than ANYONE and NOBODY is better than YOU. (At least in my opnion lol) Remember, we are all friends here with the same purpose, support these great devs.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby Kiba » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:18 pm

Guys, nobody give your opinions any more except for Damocles346. We have a new order of importance for opinions.

>Devs
>Damocles346

Nobody else. Those are the only ones that matter.
Kiba
Rancher

Postby Damocles346 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:36 am

*sigh*

Gentlemen, or ladies, or beings of indistinguishable sexual nature. It's not that your opinions don't matter. It's that I don't care about them. The developers of this game asked us to give THEM feedback. I gave them feedback about how I would like the game to be changed. Why are you giving me feedback about my feedback? Go give the devs that feedback. They are the ones who care about it. Do you not think that maybe I considered the position that you have chosen to take and decided that I didn't like it? It's ok to have a different opinion than I do, and it's ok for me to not care if you do one way or the other.
Damocles346
Plort

Postby ADcrafter » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:47 am

Well, thats my idea: i think we should all settle down, get a cup of tea and talk about what we think, i'm the kind of guy that likes a clash of opnions and thoughts, and i think that it always leads to improvements (if we all hear and talk passively), after we all get to something that everyone (or at least most of us) and the devs like, we will be helping the devs more than putting completely different ideas separated. The developers, as they already stated, cannot read all our feedbacks fast, and thats why we should help them.

Well, thats my opnion, if you accept it, i might even try to make topics where we could talk about this and share our thoughts in a organized manner.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby marcvermette » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:07 am

i agree with the damocles. the game is currently very short and i like the kind of dragonvale twist he put on it.
[the treefox waits silently for her return, but knows in its heart she is gone.]
marcvermette
Rancher

Return to General Discussion