Yay! Feedback, for what it's worth.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Yay! Feedback, for what it's worth.

Postby Diabolika » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Scratch that. The wiki says the promised Rad Slimes will eat veggies. Which balances the diets of the species! Yay!

I'm stating for the record that I LIKE that most of the slimes are elemental/substance rather than creature (save for the tabby). The tabby gives the game a little quirky cuteness, but a lot of the suggested slimes I noticed are modeled after animals/plants/creatures rather than strictly substance. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like adding a lot of that will kind of overwhelm the game. I hope it doesn't start feeling like one of those microtransaction/facebook games that are way too numerous and alike.

One thing that might help you out: if there is a way for us to see the bug reports we've submitted, and cancel them if we realize we're freaking helpless idiots for not seeing the solution in front of our FACES.. haha, you might have to deal with fewer false alarms cluttering you up. XD I also experienced my water slimes disappearing when shot from the vac into the pond. Never did locate them like some have. However, the other report I sent was easily fixed once I stopped panicking and read the freaking menu to find the emergency return.

I look forward to the coming updates. It took me a day and a half to max out. I got rid of all my slimes--except for my puddles--and have like.. two silos full of plorts, two full of food, and nearly 30k newbucks. You definitely reach a point when farming them doesn't really have a point. You don't need the plorts/money. There's no cost to maintain. It would balance the game a little more if there was. Repairs on your coops/corrals, occasionally needing to refertilize gardens, restock the beetles the hens love so much. Repair your vac; that kind of thing. Or maybe really big upgrades or something, make the water tank--if you guys do that--expensive.

Since I think I've explored and found everything, I filled my grotto with phosphors and gardens planted with cuberries because it's pretty and they're unbearably cute. I don't even collect their plorts, I just let them lay there and glow. I love that the aggressive boom largos become cuddly and bonk you into the air when you feed them. I now carry food with me every time I go to the moss blanket just so I can do that.

I really like the plort market setting the prices! I've climbed to the highest point of the game and marveled at how pretty you guys have made the night sky! And the pentagonal horizon is really cool up there. I love the areas that are unreleased so far and I'm so excited for them! I can't wait to see the new slimes and explore the new areas.

Your game is wonderful. It's engaging enough that I can enjoy it, and simple enough that my little ones can play, too! Which leads me to one last thing: my kids are distressed every time they see a chickadoo in the water, near a tarr, or generally in a bad-looking situation. I feel that if you take some users' suggestions and make some new slimes prefer them as food, I'd have two bleeding little hearts freaking out. Now, I know I'm just one player, but I wanted to throw that out there. I know I'm not the only parent of small ones that enjoy the game.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game! Keep up the good work!
Diabolika
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion