Theories, Questions and Secrets to The Future of SR.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Theories, Questions and Secrets to The Future of SR.

Postby orempswenel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:14 pm

I have been wanting to get this off my chest for a really, I mean REALLY long time. As far as I know, we know NOTHING (Emphasis on nothing) about the future of Slime Rancher, so I have been thinking of theories and secrets about 1.5.0 and beyond. First and foremost, there hasn't been a major update to Slime Rancher in over a year, so I asked myself "What could possibly be taking so long?" I know now, It's multiple reasons, first, Monomi Park is a small company, second, they have many other projects as well. During my social media And music careers, I have gradually learned that the same is true for both of those, having multiple projects at once can be very overwhelming for a small company (or individual with my case). The second half of this will be discussing the theme for the next major Slime Rancher update (1.5.0). So since the last few updates were based on the characters from the game, for example, 1.1.0 was Ogden's update, 1.2.0 was Mochi's update and 1.4.0 was Viktor's update, will 1.5.0 be Thora's update? What about 1.6.0, will it be Bob's update? The Wilds were based on The Moss Blanket, Nimble Valley resembled the Indigo Quarry, The Slimeulation was Loosely inspired by the Ancient Ruins, I Think that Thora's place will resemble the Glass Desert. But don't take my word for it, post YOUR thoughts below.
orempswenel
Rancher

Re: Theories, Questions and Secrets to The Future of SR.

Postby akkamaddi » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:59 pm

I have said before, I would absolutely *love* some Psychonauts-style weird level for BoB.

I think that we are a ways off from another update, but my theory is (and this is from consulting *both* a fortune cookie *and* a magic 8-ball, so it *must* be true!), the pool party update is a teaser.

People have asked about an aquatic environment since before version 1.0.0. Now, I'm not talking about open transport across the Slime Sea. I personally think the next environment may be an aquatic cave, but I think a more likely scenario is something like a large version of Ring Island, with ponds, rivers, and a lagoon with a reef blocking the Slime Sea.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to General Discussion