Secrets

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Secrets

Postby someslime » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Ok so people of Slime Rancher let us unite as one and discuss secrets we have found in game and/or else where relating to Slime Rancher.

I'll start off by stating I have found a particular ruin in the middle of the sea/bay and have flown to it using my jet-pack and found nothing, however at a altar like part of said ruin there is a circle of stones and I don't know if this is cosmetic or not but it could have a connection to the tele-pad at the ranch and by the tabby gordo. To get to it you have to unlock the forest/jungle area and before entering the hole leading to the main area you can jump onto the walls and climb around on top of them to get to the other side where you will see the ruins!

Edit* OH, also I found a weird empty place with no slimes or anything but it has rib like structures and what looks to be the bottom of a pot and if you look beyond that you will see more weird rib things.
Last edited by someslime on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
someslime
Plort

Re: Secrets

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:35 pm

This is likely a W.I.P. area and not a secret.

Also, to get there, I usually take the path through the actual Moss Blanket until the spot around the end where the walls clear and you can fly freely.

-----

Something I found: Go to the area where the bridge leading to the pink gordo slime's island is, right before the bridge start. When facing the island, the described areas will be to the left, touching the wall behind you.

There'll be a long but thin rock path with a few small break-aparts - Be careful when going across this, you could fall into the Slime Sea. Just keep going for a while.

Eventually, you'll find a small cave. Inside are some useful items: A water fountain (water is likely one of the most useful items in the game, besides plorts or slimes) and a patch of growing Heart Beets (Notice how the Dry Reef's description says it has some more valuable materials if you know where to look? This is true), which can be useful if you own some Rock Slimes.

-----

Screenshots!

The quickest path from the ranch: Go here first, jump off the gap in the fence. https://gyazo.com/aac842db37ee4aec139eb2b481f7ac7c

The gordo bridge. https://gyazo.com/be2a3d61cb95c946f36c7b51af9e31dd

The gordo bridge, from a different view point. https://gyazo.com/6c9cc2eaef9a549f39c647f1a6411202

Turn left... https://gyazo.com/bc407596ba710de0c2226bb1f29da0fd

It's a difficult path. Get a jetpack before attempting this, you'll (probably) need it. https://gyazo.com/822d260a8dc05bcc23f29c5a3c282ad9

It gets smoother past that point. https://gyazo.com/af641ca81251442ab051c8e01b6bfae8

Keep going... And... What's that...? https://gyazo.com/cc1785462cfa954f70bc6af15d0fa6c5

And we're here! As you can see, there can also be crates. That one contained nothing interesting, though. https://gyazo.com/736733f896d29e012cd99c390519d357
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby someslime » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:46 am

Oh! thanks for the info, but what about the ribs, I think they might be a WIP but your opinion could differ.
Image here: https://gyazo.com/f5549e3604db9b35441de3047fa3852c
someslime
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:09 am

They're behind an under construction wall, probably the area the devs are currently focusing on. I didn't find too much interesting there. There might be some secrets, but it's probably best to wait until it's complete to search there.

-----

Secret #2! No images yet, I'll post them soon.

This one is a slightly more obvious, easier to reach bit of supplies.

First, go to the path to the Moss Blanket (don't do this during the night, you should know why). Instead of going to the main path, take the alternate path forwards, which appears to be a pointless broken bridge at first - But once you're there, you'll find a crate that was originally camouflaged with the rest of the bridge! Which isn't very useful and blocks your sight (making traveling back more difficult), but maybe if you were looking for a certain material and already grabbed all of them in the previous area, the crate could contain one...
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby ironbear » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Which map is call Moss Blanket?
ironbear
Plort

Postby TurnipKnight » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:31 pm

The "ribs" are WIP. Moss Blanket is the next area you unlock via Slime Key. You know, the one with all the moss and explosions. There's usually a crate somewhere near the entrance or on the rickety bridge.
Siht gnivarc rof erom seifirret uoy, tub ti si ruoy deerg taht edam em os.
TurnipKnight
Rancher

Postby marcvermette » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:36 pm

none of these are secrets. just paths that arent the main one or wip areas with nothing useful. if youre paying attention, anyone could see them.
[the treefox waits silently for her return, but knows in its heart she is gone.]
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby ironbear » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:49 am

Ahhh! That's why I never found this map. I haven't got the key yet. hahaha
ironbear
Plort

Postby Cynder95 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:33 pm

How about there's that one part of the area, after the tunnel, it's empty area but has green crystals. Jump off the edge there and keep walking and there'll be aggressive pink rock largo, lots of heartbeets and stone hens.
Cynder95
Plort

^

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:34 am

If I'm correct, that's a pathway to a currently WIP area.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:04 pm

The "ribs" as you guys are calling it is just another part of the Dry Reef. It is not a "new" zone and probably won't feature any new Slimes in the next couples of patches. But if you explore a little bit you can pinpoint where there is going to be an Ancient slime or I'm stupid and it's just going to be an area with boxes and/or the fruits that are currently unavailable in your Slimepedia .
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby geo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:01 am

There is a large phosphor slime in a cave you have to fall from a cliff, if you feed him enough he will give you the 2nd slime key. Theres also a large tabby which is easier to find
geo
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:26 am

geo wrote:There is a large phosphor slime in a cave you have to fall from a cliff, if you feed him enough he will give you the 2nd slime key. Theres also a large tabby which is easier to find

Neither of these are secrets (or, to those people mentioning that nothing posted previously is a secret, then it's nothing that is a secret or similar to a secret). The Phosphur Gordo will be required for progression later (well, depending on what you consider "progression" in this game), and the Tabby Gordo is just too obvious. At least the bridge crate was camouflaged...
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:19 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
geo wrote:There is a large phosphor slime in a cave you have to fall from a cliff, if you feed him enough he will give you the 2nd slime key. Theres also a large tabby which is easier to find

Neither of these are secrets (or, to those people mentioning that nothing posted previously is a secret, then it's nothing that is a secret or similar to a secret). The Phosphur Gordo will be required for progression later (well, depending on what you consider "progression" in this game), and the Tabby Gordo is just too obvious. At least the bridge crate was camouflaged...

The Phosphor gordo is still something that you need to LOOK for to actually find it. So I would consider it somewhat of a secret since it's the only thing hidden from the player for now.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Re: ^

Postby VortexKiki » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:27 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:If I'm correct, that's a pathway to a currently WIP area.

it is
VortexKiki
Plort

Return to General Discussion