Various Improvements

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Various Improvements

Postby Zera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:48 am

Here is a list of improvements I would like to see in Slime Rancher in a future update(s).

1. The item slot the player currently has selected should change color so it's easier to tell without looking directly at it.
2. The energy recharge should have a sound effect like it does in Halo.
3. Silo ports should accept items they already contain, even if the currently selected slot is different.
4. You should be able to preview trade requests before accepting them, and accept multiple trades at once.
5. There must be a fifth inventory slot as an upgrade. The extremely low number of slots forces the player to return to the ranch often even when they don't need to take care of it, which adds a lot of unnecessary travel time.
6. When you approach a pen, the screen should say how many slimes are in it.
7. The map seems to become inaccurate if I go too far north. (e.g. I'm on the northeast bridge in the ancient ruins, but the map shows me even farther north, in the sea.)
8. There needs to be a way to destroy Charcoal Bricks in Viktor's Lab. Incinerators don't work, and I don't want to start a new file.
Zera
Plort

Re: Various Improvements

Postby FlowerButterfly » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:48 am

Good ideas! I think you can throw charcoal bricks in the slime sea and the recyling system (from Viktor's Lab), though.
This account is deleted.
FlowerButterfly
Rancher

Postby Zera » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:15 pm

Can you be more specific about "slime sea" and "recycling system"? I don't know what you mean.
Zera
Plort

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:29 am

Anything you shoot into the slime sea is destroyed after a few seconds. You can use this to dispose of unwanted toys in Mochi Manor. It is also a good way to get rid of unwanted slimes, including Tarr.

In Viktor's Lab, there is an opening to the Slime Sea that was added in the last update. This was done to make it easy to dispose of items.

- You first enter the lab into the slimeulation room. Go through the force field you unlock, into the large main room with the farming fields.
- Turn left, go down the ramp, and then go forward past the two farming fields.
- You will go into a small observation room with a large window and coral growth in the center. After you pass through the door, turn left, and look up.
- That opening touches the slime sea. Anything you shoot in there is destroyed. Do not jump into it.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby FlowerButterfly » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:00 pm

I tried jumping into it, but it prevented me from doing so.
This account is deleted.
FlowerButterfly
Rancher

Postby Sophrodeus » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:06 pm

I'm not sure if I agree with needing more inventory slots. There are eleven teleporter and warp depots, so with a little ingenuity and some elbow grease you can lay down some infrastructure that renders inventory nearly obsolete.

I turned my Lab into my warp hub.
Violet - The Grotto (Mineral Plorts)
Berry - The Indigo Plateau (Extractors)
Blue - The Dock (Puddle Plorts)
Green - The Overgrowth (Fruits)
Butterscotch - The Glass Desert (Extractors)
Gold - The Ranch (Plort Market, Favorite Slimes, Trophies, Ball Pit of Pink Slimes, etc.)
Amber - Ogden's Retreat (Veggies)
Red - The Dry Reef (Extractors)
Cocoa - The Moss Blanket (Extractors)
Grey - The Ancient Ruins (Quantum Plorts, can't stand these slimes.)
Pink - Mochi Manor (Chickens)

It just works out too perfectly.
Sophrodeus
Plort

Postby Moreminds2005 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:41 pm

Berry - The Indigo Plateau (Extractors)

Do you have all 8 Gym Badges?
Moreminds2005
Rancher

Return to General Discussion