Suggestion: Drones and Depots

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Suggestion: Drones and Depots

Postby Flappety » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:39 am

Why do drones not work with warp depots? Just tried to configure some drones with the depots and they aren't compatible. This seems like a feature that really should be in the game as without it you are further limited more than I think is good for the game.

Thanks.
Flappety
Plort

Re: Suggestion: Drones and Depots

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:06 am

Couple reasons. One being the issue in actually programming that thanks to the way catch up functions (which in of itself is a massive headache with room for a number or bugs including but not limited to duplication or deletion of items on a regular basis thats easy enough to manipulate), and the official answer I've found is a limitation towards complete automation which drones weren't intended to do. May not fully back the latter here, but been over the former quite a few times and yeah ots definitely not easy to actually make work reliably without issues.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Flappety » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:06 am

Hmmm, if it's difficult to programm I understand that. But in terms of the limitations of drones, warp depots keep those limitations just fine, as the depots can only transport 1 item at a time and you still need to hydrate the drones. I realise obviously that there does have to be limitations to keep people playing the game rather than just getting bored
Flappety
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:29 am

The limitations bit i can't really argue with, since on that front itself i completely disagree with the devs explanation of it. The programming front though definitely is a larger more prominent issue on the subject.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion