What is slime science?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

What is slime science?

Postby flamenaak » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:25 pm

It might be a bit too soon to ask but is there going be something like real science about slimes and plorts? Like reactions between plorts, breeding and taming of slimes. Using plort for some different things other than money?
flamenaak
Plort

Re: What is slime science?

Postby matik2002 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Slime breeding is a bad idea. If Monomi will implement it then we will have overloaded corrals and finally rock/rock-based largos/other dangerous slimes will break out and possible Tarr Invasion.

But I'd like a MegaVac upgrade that will vacuum largos (but not Tarrs) and Slime Division System (SDS) which allows me to divide largos into standard slimes.

Alchemy will unlock better slimes, but then Monomi will be busy implementing slime artwork.

Slime combining is easy, just let a slime eat another plort, it will grow into a largo. But 3rd plort will mix it into a Tarr.
A robotic knight Matikclocker becomes a robotic rancher...He killed slimes on Cradle, now he is forced to ranch them, feed them, collect from them and rise to fame and fortune to show Energyload and Heavyduty-Charge that slimes can be ranched, not killed.
matik2002
Chickadoo

Postby flamenaak » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:39 pm

I meant it more like you can get certain species by putting two slimes into a corral (or special corral :D) and for example feeding them something special or even specific for every type.
flamenaak
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:15 pm

flamenaak wrote:I meant it more like you can get certain species by putting two slimes into a corral (or special corral :D) and for example feeding them something special or even specific for every type.

Not really.

The closest thing to what you said is, as Matik mentioned:

Feed a slime any plort other than what it produces (not counting Gold Slimes, Puddle Slimes, Gold Plorts, or Puddle Plorts) and it'll grow into a Largo, a combination of the original slime and the slime that the fed plort came from.

However, if you feed a largo a plort that it doesn't produce, it'll turn into a Tarr, and Tarrs are bad.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby flamenaak » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:35 pm

I know about largos and tars. Let me explain one more time. Let s say you have acces only to pink and rock slime. you can make largos if you want, np. You can feed the basic guys to get plorts. But lets say that you have then in a coral both and feed pink one with a heart beat and therock one with ,I don t know, a chocolate cucumber. Suddenly the both dissapear (so just don t farm it) and a tappy slime appears. And if you want to get a phosphorous slime you will have to feed you tappy with elder hen while it is in coral with a pink slime and all this at one time. At this point I think there should be way to multiply slimes or they can get just unlocked so they spawn in some locations since moment you got a first one (or some number of them).
It is just an idea, a question if there is going to be anything like this in game to give it a bit more depth a bit more to explore.
flamenaak
Plort

Return to General Discussion