Guides or a guidebook.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Guides or a guidebook.

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 pm

Keeping this relatively short, but actually a question for people. If i bothered to sit down and write up steam guides or analysis of the various mechanics of the game that aren't as simple as they at first seem, would anyone be interested in reading such or even just having it as a reference? The two main ones coming to mind would be agitation and chicken breeding.

Basically, i am asking if it would be worth the effort to put in the work to build in-depth guide books to the game's principles that are more than meets the eye. If so, any particular topics i should bother covering besides agitation and chicken breeding? Can full on expect hunger to be mixed in with agitation given the common misconceptions about the two.

Another possibility is writing up some sort of virtual guide book with these topics included.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Re: Guides or a guidebook.

Postby SlimeCone99 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:48 am

I like this idea
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby CherryFlavoredPepsi » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:59 pm

Sounds great my dude
CherryFlavoredPepsi
Chickadoo

Postby Braincoke » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:41 am

Hey, I like that idea. I would like to have an indepth guide about drones and corrals (esspecially different feeding strategies, currently trying to optimize this with drones, so if you need data for drone efficiency...)
Braincoke
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:39 pm

Braincoke wrote:Hey, I like that idea. I would like to have an indepth guide about drones and corrals (esspecially different feeding strategies, currently trying to optimize this with drones, so if you need data for drone efficiency...)

Data isn't an issue, given how much I've been testing things for the wiki but i definitely appreciate the offer. Was actually writing out the table of contents today and figured i might cover the topic you were just mentioning.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Braincoke » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:25 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
Braincoke wrote:Hey, I like that idea. I would like to have an indepth guide about drones and corrals (esspecially different feeding strategies, currently trying to optimize this with drones, so if you need data for drone efficiency...)

Data isn't an issue, given how much I've been testing things for the wiki but i definitely appreciate the offer. Was actually writing out the table of contents today and figured i might cover the topic you were just mentioning.

Cool, will you write a post when it's finished? :D
Braincoke
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:56 am

Braincoke wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:

Cool, will you write a post when it's finished? :D

Definitely.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion