multiplayer

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

multiplayer

Postby kaileh » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Reply with YES to this topic if you fell we need multiplayer!
kaileh
Plort
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: multiplayer

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Would direct you to the official response on the subject pinned on the steam forums.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: multiplayer

Postby Noggy05 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:58 am

Where's EmeraldPlay?
Clint Eastwood wrote:They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.

Half right. The thunder and lightning are from the Forums...

I'm the self-proclaimed forum morale officer!
Lionmeow made my avatar!
User avatar
Noggy05
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm
Location: ailartsuA (Trapped in a mirror in Australia)

Re: multiplayer

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:46 am

Sorry, but the devs have stated that they don't think they will be doing multiplayer anytime soon, as it's a big project and requires too much time and energy for the time being.
Profile picture made by Lionmeow
I'm finally back!!!!!!!
Also, I hate the 255 character lim-

Check out my stuff
InterestingKookadoba Collab
My first post: Mountain Slime
CLICKBAIT forum game
Relation of Objects forum game
All these are dead, by the way.
User avatar
GoldenLucky99
Treefox
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:33 am

no
User avatar
EmeraldPlay
Treefox
 
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:08 am
Location: here

Re:

Postby Noggy05 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:no

Never mind guys i found EmeraldPlay
Clint Eastwood wrote:They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.

Half right. The thunder and lightning are from the Forums...

I'm the self-proclaimed forum morale officer!
Lionmeow made my avatar!
User avatar
Noggy05
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm
Location: ailartsuA (Trapped in a mirror in Australia)

Re: multiplayer

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:15 am

Lol
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
User avatar
SlimeCone99
Keeper
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
Location: In the middle of a road

Re: multiplayer

Postby dylanwoods777 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am

Honestly, as cool as multiplayer sounds, it would tarnish the experience. Just imagine how easy it would be to manage and maintain a Ranch with two or more players, it takes the fun out of it if you ask me. Slime Rancher is a game about starting up, developing and growing a Ranch as Beatrix LeBeau, not Beatrix and co. The game appears to be built with only single player in mind, adding multiplayer, while a cool concept on paper, may do more harm than good, it strips away the wonderful single player experience in favour of a multiplayer experience, while good and fun, may become tiring and boring to some, they may only play Slime Rancher if their friends are playing, while with a single player game, it all depends if you wish to play it.
dylanwoods777
Plort
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 4:01 am
Location: Ireland

Re: multiplayer

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:24 am

dylanwoods777 wrote:Honestly, as cool as multiplayer sounds, it would tarnish the experience. Just imagine how easy it would be to manage and maintain a Ranch with two or more players, it takes the fun out of it if you ask me. Slime Rancher is a game about starting up, developing and growing a Ranch as Beatrix LeBeau, not Beatrix and co. The game appears to be built with only single player in mind, adding multiplayer, while a cool concept on paper, may do more harm than good, it strips away the wonderful single player experience in favour of a multiplayer experience, while good and fun, may become tiring and boring to some, they may only play Slime Rancher if their friends are playing, while with a single player game, it all depends if you wish to play it.
True
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
User avatar
SlimeCone99
Keeper
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
Location: In the middle of a road

Re: multiplayer

Postby Noggy05 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:51 pm

Perhaps a multiplayer experience could exclude the ranch expansions (but be able to access NPC areas)? But then again there would be no reliable source of income.
Clint Eastwood wrote:They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.

Half right. The thunder and lightning are from the Forums...

I'm the self-proclaimed forum morale officer!
Lionmeow made my avatar!
User avatar
Noggy05
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm
Location: ailartsuA (Trapped in a mirror in Australia)

Re: multiplayer

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:19 pm

If there was a Multiplayer it shouldn't be the current style of play
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
User avatar
SlimeCone99
Keeper
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
Location: In the middle of a road

Re: multiplayer

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:13 pm

As I said in the Viktor's Lab discussion thread: "If we ever get a multiplayer environment, I think the chaotic, deteriorating, time-limited and totally separated form your farm environment of the Slimeulation for a fun, non story based free-for-all of explosions and throwing Tarr at each other would be a perfect model. While I completely agree with solitude being a major story element in the game, and I've never even played Minecraft multiplayer let alone a game like this, I also think the Slimeulations would be a blast as multiplayer."

I think in that specific environment, multiplayer would be a lot of fun.

But as for the main game, I agree, no.
akkamaddi
Rancher
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Re: multiplayer

Postby SlimeCone99 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:26 am

akkamaddi wrote:As I said in the Viktor's Lab discussion thread: "If we ever get a multiplayer environment, I think the chaotic, deteriorating, time-limited and totally separated form your farm environment of the Slimeulation for a fun, non story based free-for-all of explosions and throwing Tarr at each other would be a perfect model. While I completely agree with solitude being a major story element in the game, and I've never even played Minecraft multiplayer let alone a game like this, I also think the Slimeulations would be a blast as multiplayer."

I think in that specific environment, multiplayer would be a lot of fun.

But as for the main game, I agree, no.
Yes!
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
User avatar
SlimeCone99
Keeper
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
Location: In the middle of a road

Re: multiplayer

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:42 am

akkamaddi wrote:As I said in the Viktor's Lab discussion thread: "If we ever get a multiplayer environment, I think the chaotic, deteriorating, time-limited and totally separated form your farm environment of the Slimeulation for a fun, non story based free-for-all of explosions and throwing Tarr at each other would be a perfect model. While I completely agree with solitude being a major story element in the game, and I've never even played Minecraft multiplayer let alone a game like this, I also think the Slimeulations would be a blast as multiplayer."

I think in that specific environment, multiplayer would be a lot of fun.

But as for the main game, I agree, no.

I once suggested this.
Clint Eastwood wrote:They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.

Half right. The thunder and lightning are from the Forums...

I'm the self-proclaimed forum morale officer!
Lionmeow made my avatar!
User avatar
Noggy05
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm
Location: ailartsuA (Trapped in a mirror in Australia)


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests