UK pricing of Slime Rancher during the Epic Store sale.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

UK pricing of Slime Rancher during the Epic Store sale.

Postby bonaparte » Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 am

Hello,

I'm puzzled by the pricing of Slime rancher in the UK (pounds sterling).

In the USA and the Eurozone it's been priced by monomi park at $14.99/€14.99 to take advantage of the extra $10/€10 epic sale subsidy, which brings the price customers pay down to $4.99/€4.99 (though monomi park still gets $14.99, epic is paying the $10 difference)

Euros.PNG
Euros.PNG (153.75 KiB) Viewed 3766 times
dollars.PNG
dollars.PNG (167.48 KiB) Viewed 3766 times

But in the UK the sale price has been set at £11.24, which misses out on the extra discount (there is a minimum of £13.99, see epic sale FAQ).
sterling.PNG
sterling.PNG (134.4 KiB) Viewed 3766 times

Why not set the UK price at £13.99, that way each sale would result in more money for monomi park but UK gamers would actually pay less (£3.99 with the epic promotion!)
Last edited by bonaparte on Wed May 22, 2019 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
bonaparte
Plort

Re: UK pricing of Slime Rancher during the Epic Store sale.

Postby Maria » Tue May 21, 2019 9:36 am

Hi bonaparte!
I see how that can be confusing, sorry about that. What's happening here is the following:
We currently have a 25% sale going on - that's it. However, Epic is running their own, additional sale on top of that, which is not something under our control. And here is where it gets a bit tricky:
The game base price is set per region based off of exchange rates between the USD and whichever region the game is being sold in. The additional Epic discount you are seeing for other regions is a special sale being run by Epic Games and is not something we set on our side. And thanks to exchange rates and unfortunate cutoffs, it looks like Slime Rancher does not qualify for Epic's sale at the moment. You to could reach out to their support to see if there is something they can do. I'm not sure if they would be able to help, but it's worth a try!
Maria
Admin

Re: UK pricing of Slime Rancher during the Epic Store sale.

Postby bonaparte » Thu May 23, 2019 8:04 am

Hi Maria, Thank you for your reply.

I'm surprised Epic are telling you it's only possible to set one store-wide discount. Other titles seem like they have been able to do that, subnautica has a 30% discount in the USA and ~28% off in the UK before the epic promotion is applied, though I can believe it given the unfinished nature of their store.
bonaparte
Plort

UK pricing of Slime Rancher during the Epic Store sale

Postby NAfforbnib » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:52 pm

i dont wanna make new thread so il ask it here too what is the diffrence between

craft epic card

craft epic card

???
NAfforbnib
Plort

Return to General Discussion