I finally got to advertise Slime Rancher to customers

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

I finally got to advertise Slime Rancher to customers

Postby MaxLife1107 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:59 pm

For some context, I work at EB Games here in Australia, which for those who don't know is essentially Australian Gamestop. One of the reasons I took the job (besides the opportunity to abuse the discount) was to try and get as many customers as possible playing the games that I love, namely Slime Rancher. I've been waiting months for the opportunity to do this, but everyone just walks in with their mind already made up, no recommendations necessary.

However, last Sunday I had an early-20s husband and wife walk in. The husband grabbed some racing games, and while I was doing checkout stuff I made conversation about the new Forza Horizon 5 game. As I was about to finish up, we had a new conversation that went along the lines of:
Husband - "do you have any farming games?"
Me - "well, what types of farming games are you talking about?"
Husband - "oh, it's not for me, it's for my wife, she loves them"
Me (to Wife) - "what games have you played in the past?"
Wife - "I can't remember their exact names, but I enjoy the ones where you get to have your own farm and plant vegetables and have animals and try to thrive off of it"
Me (probably getting visibly excited) - "if you want my recommendation, I'd have to say Slime Rancher"
Wife - "What's that about?"
Me (trying to restrain myself from basically giving her the tutorial) - "Well, it's set on an alien planet where your job is to ranch different types of slimes, which are basically these cut spheres of jelly that bounce around. You run around this cool planet with different biomes and stuff with a big vacuum that you use to suck up the slimes, and then you take the slimes back to your ranch where you chuck them in pens, then feed them with chickens and fruits and veggies that you grow so that they poop. You then sell that poop for money which you use to upgrade your ranch, all the while a pretty nice story plays out among the NPCs and you get to explore some pretty interesting lore. It's one of my favourite games..."
Wife (chuckling) - "alright, I'll try it out. Do you have some in stock?"

I then ran out back, grabbed it, sold it to them and sent them on their merry way. So yeah, that's my little story. From what I can tell, Slime Rancher doesn't have a huge fanbase here "in the land down under", so it's always good to have an opportunity to try and expand its fanbase.

While I'm here, I thought I might pitch my idea for a kangaroo slime, which could jump ridiculously high and stuff. I think it would be a hilarious addition to make in a Slime Rancher 2 update :)
MaxLife1107
Plort

Return to General Discussion