Challenge runs

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Challenge runs

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:14 pm

lately to keep things interesting i have been doing a few challenge runs, mostly no damage runs, and figured i would put a discussion here. so a list of a few types of challenge runs i've done so far are as follows:
- no damage runs (delete the world upon taking damage)
- restricted access runs (cant bring slimes onto the ranch from the range, but you can bring plorts)

if you have ideas for challenge runs feel free to share them, or feel free to try some of these ones out.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby GravityCat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:55 pm

28 7Zee using only pink plorts

The challenge is to not be insanely bored
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

The Slime Rancher Wiki now has a Discord!
User avatar
GravityCat
Rancher
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Challenge runs

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:35 am

GravityCat wrote:28 7Zee using only pink plorts

The challenge is to not be insanely bored

no please
why
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: Challenge runs

Postby QuantumTangle23 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:08 am

Here's some:

Nightly run:

Only leave the ranch at night

If it turns to day and you're not on the ranch you lose.

It ends when you reach the end of the glass desert

No upgrade challenge:

You cannot buy any upgrades (including the slime key)

You must get to the end of the glass desert to win

10 plort challenge

You must store 10 of every plort in a silo to win
Quantum tangles are the hardest slimes to ranch.

But who can say no to that cute little face?
User avatar
QuantumTangle23
Keeper
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:31 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby TheLevens » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:46 am

No Coral Challenge - no corals, free range only. Get to lvl 28. Adventure mode only!

Lvl 28 challenge - who can get to lvl 28 that fastest?

The No Ranch Challenge - get to the end of the glass desert without going back to your ranch.

Key Challenge - how fast can you collect all the keys( you may use them once you get them)

Gold Plort Challenge - how fast can you collect 100-500 gold plorts?

Gadget Challenge - find and place one of each gadget in the game.

All For Science Challenge - how fast can you fill up the science lab with 999 of everything?
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
User avatar
TheLevens
Rancher
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Re: Challenge runs

Postby BeefyBabyQing » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:01 am

All for science challenge? That one is extremely hard. That means 2x Gold Plort Challange
I am just a boy who likes sharing his ideas with others.
User avatar
BeefyBabyQing
Plort
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:54 pm

thanks for the ideas guys.
may look to see if i can get my recording software to work without lagging my computer like crazy
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby ILoveTurtles891 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 am

I will love to play these challenges
-Sam Vlasenko (real name)
if you see this, you cannot see the other one
if you see this, you cannot see the other one
User avatar
ILoveTurtles891
Rancher
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:34 am
Location: stuck is in the glass desert, finding my 18 gilded ginger

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Fishkeeper » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Farm Farm Range: You can bring slimes onto your ranch, but can't grow any food there. All food you feed, whether it's veggies, fruit, or meat, must be wild-found. The chickens that pop up in the Overgrowth are fair game for use. You can have one pond of Puddle slimes, but everything else, including Fire slimes, has to be fed food you've gotten elsewhere.

Free Range Meats: All slimes must be fed only meat, which you have to go and find. You can make largos, but you can't feed fruits or veggies to anything. You can bring Chickadoos back to the Ranch to grow them up, but they have to be kept wild in the Overgrowth, and you must harvest and feed off any fully grown ones you spot. If you keep Fire slimes, they have to be fed meat. Again, one pond of Puddle slimes is OK.

For both, reach either 7Z level 28 or have 999 of each plort (excluding Puddle and Gold) in the Refinery. Hard mode: 7Z level 28 AND 999 of each plort, including Puddle, plus at least 1 Gold plort.

One Of A Kind: Easy mode is Casual, hard mode is Adventure. You can only have 1 of each type of slime. Different largos count as different combinations. If you end up with a duplicate, chuck it away.

Broken Builders: You can't build anything on plots. Keep the one corral you start with. Easy mode: you can build and upgrade one thing to your liking. Pick your goal.

Broken Builders, Ultimate: You can't build anything at all, gadgets or plots. You keep your one corral. Easy mode: you can build and upgrade one plot thing and place one gadget. Make as many gadgets as you want, but you can't place more than one. Decor is OK.

Fear Of Heights: Reach 7Z level 28 and/or 999 of each non-Gold plort without buying the Jetpack or any of its upgrades. Hope you're good at parkour.
Fishkeeper
Rancher
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:32 am

definitely some interesting ones
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby TheLevens » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:13 pm

I’m thinking back on my post, the “no ranch challenge” seems fun to try out sometime. Leave the ranch as you spawn in, gather naturally grown food, feed the gordos to get get keys, and reach the end without dieing or going back to your ranch.

A true outdoor adventure.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
User avatar
TheLevens
Rancher
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Re: Challenge runs

Postby CoasterMan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Don't Touch the Ground: It's all in the name, buy the jetpack and reach the end of the Glass Desert without touching the ground!

EDIT:You can touch the ground until you buy the jetpack.

P.S. the ground in the warp stations in the Ruins and the Glass Desert don't count.
Last edited by CoasterMan on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m all clear and outta here!
User avatar
CoasterMan
Rancher
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:12 pm

CoasterMan wrote:Don't Touch the Ground: It's all in the name, buy the jetpack and reach the end of the Glass Desert without touching the ground!

P.S. the ground in the warp stations in the Ruins and the Glass Desert don't count

quite difficult, not sure if it is even possible without mods.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 pm

TheLevens wrote:I’m thinking back on my post, the “no ranch challenge” seems fun to try out sometime. Leave the ranch as you spawn in, gather naturally grown food, feed the gordos to get get keys, and reach the end without dieing or going back to your ranch.

A true outdoor adventure.

so almost the opposite of my restricted access challenge
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby CoasterMan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
CoasterMan wrote:Don't Touch the Ground: It's all in the name, buy the jetpack and reach the end of the Glass Desert without touching the ground!

P.S. the ground in the warp stations in the Ruins and the Glass Desert don't count

quite difficult, not sure if it is even possible without mods.


Here's a trick, grab a Largo, jump, look down, let go of the largo, and jump again when you let go. You will get what I like to call:


THE LARGO DOUBLE JUMP!!!
I’m all clear and outta here!
User avatar
CoasterMan
Rancher
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 pm

CoasterMan wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:
CoasterMan wrote:Don't Touch the Ground: It's all in the name, buy the jetpack and reach the end of the Glass Desert without touching the ground!

P.S. the ground in the warp stations in the Ruins and the Glass Desert don't count

quite difficult, not sure if it is even possible without mods.


Here's a trick, grab a Largo, jump, look down, let go of the largo, and jump again when you let go. You will get what I like to call:


THE LARGO DOUBLE JUMP!!![/qoute]
fair enough, although may still have issues, making it to the quarry if i recall without a key means youll lose your largo which can end that run instantly, unless you managed to save the largo and not run out of energy. either way you go making it to the ruins and through them is going to be a pain, especially if you account for the fact that the warp terminal is locked behind a slime gate
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby CoasterMan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
CoasterMan wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:
CoasterMan wrote:Don't Touch the Ground: It's all in the name, buy the jetpack and reach the end of the Glass Desert without touching the ground!

P.S. the ground in the warp stations in the Ruins and the Glass Desert don't count

quite difficult, not sure if it is even possible without mods.


Here's a trick, grab a Largo, jump, look down, let go of the largo, and jump again when you let go. You will get what I like to call:


THE LARGO DOUBLE JUMP!!![/qoute]
especially if you account for the fact that the warp terminal is locked behind a slime gate


Didn't I say that the ground in the terminal doesn't count?
I’m all clear and outta here!
User avatar
CoasterMan
Rancher
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:37 pm

CoasterMan wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:
CoasterMan wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:
CoasterMan wrote:Don't Touch the Ground: It's all in the name, buy the jetpack and reach the end of the Glass Desert without touching the ground!

P.S. the ground in the warp stations in the Ruins and the Glass Desert don't count

quite difficult, not sure if it is even possible without mods.


Here's a trick, grab a Largo, jump, look down, let go of the largo, and jump again when you let go. You will get what I like to call:


THE LARGO DOUBLE JUMP!!![/qoute]
especially if you account for the fact that the warp terminal is locked behind a slime gate


Didn't I say that the ground in the terminal doesn't count?

Yeah, but the terminal is behind the gate...
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:06 pm

Bare Minimum Challenge: Don't get anything more than you need. Only get money if you are saving up for things, only buy plots if you must, don't get any Ranch Expansions, only burst Gordos if you need to, and only unlock slime gates if they bring you closer to the Desert.
Clint Eastwood wrote:They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.

Half right. The thunder and lightning are from the Forums...

What do I write here?

Where I made my avatar
I'm ThatsNoSquirrel on Discord.
User avatar
Noggy05
Keeper
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm
Location: ailartsuA (Trapped in a mirror in Australia)

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Noggy05 wrote:Bare Minimum Challenge: Don't get anything more than you need. Only get money if you are saving up for things, only buy plots if you must, don't get any Ranch Expansions, only burst Gordos if you need to, and only unlock slime gates if they bring you closer to the Desert.

some of that could be seen as up to interpretation on what is "needed" but interesting idea
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby GlaciumFracture » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:36 pm

(not sure if this counts as a necro but here goes)
Pretty in pink
-you can only bring pink slimes/plorts onto your ranch, and no pink/anything largoes either, pure pink, food items are okay though.
-you must obtain every ranch expansion, including the retreat, and when added, mochi's area.
-you must get 999 pink plorts into the refinery.
-at the end, you must have every slot on the ranch be a fully upgraded silo.
-each silo must be fully filled with pink plorts.
-god help those patient enough to get this.
We always need more crystal slimes. ALWAYS.
GlaciumFracture
Rancher
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:59 pm
Location: Indigo Quarry

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:14 pm

We're hoping the new rush mode gives challenge runners a lot to chew on. We've added a few new wrinkles that we think allow for a range of strategies. It's pretty fun :)
User avatar
Nick
Developer
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:14 am

Re: Challenge runs

Postby GravityCat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Nick wrote:We're hoping the new rush mode gives challenge runners a lot to chew on. We've added a few new wrinkles that we think allow for a range of strategies. It's pretty fun :)


I look forward to trying it out
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

The Slime Rancher Wiki now has a Discord!
User avatar
GravityCat
Rancher
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Challenge runs

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:54 am

GravityCat wrote:
Nick wrote:We're hoping the new rush mode gives challenge runners a lot to chew on. We've added a few new wrinkles that we think allow for a range of strategies. It's pretty fun :)


I look forward to trying it out

With you there, still doesn’t hurt to have a few other ideas for challenges though.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Rancher
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests