I need Clarification of how Gardens work!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

I need Clarification of how Gardens work!

Postby TheLevens » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:00 am

Basically: why do some gardens produce faster than others? Some produce 15 and some produce 55?

So is there a hidden mechanic maybe? Do certain locations affect growth? Do plants produce more when exposed to sunlight?(example: cave vs the docks)

Is there a limit to how many pieces of food grow at one time in the world? Is it based off of load times when I enter the zone?

I’ve been curious about this mechanic for awhile now. Hopefully the Devs can reply to this.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Re: I need Clarification of how Gardens work!

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Some gardens can produce more depending on what you grow and what upgrades you have.
Nutrient soil makes it always grow the max possible amount of food per harvest (20 for pogofruit/carrot, 15 for others), sprinkler makes the crops grow twice as fast as they usually do (from 24 to 12 in-game hours), garden deluxe adds two smaller gardens that can grow up to five more veggies/fruits per harvest, and miracle mix makes crops rot slower.

As for your other questions, the locations don't affect growth, and there isn't a limit to how many veggies/fruits you can grow at one time.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GravityCat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:41 am

TheLevens wrote:Basically: why do some gardens produce faster than others? Some produce 15 and some produce 55?

In that instance, you simply have old crops mixed in with new that haven't decayed yet. It's very easy to get that much food sitting around once you have upgraded gardens if you don't pick it up.

Remember that from time to time garden nodes produce an extra 5 pieces of food after producing their usual 15, making it seem like they produce 20. They then begin the next 15 cycle.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby TheLevens » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:56 am

It just seems weird that some seem to produce more then other, even though I harvested and planted those crops at the same time.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Return to General Discussion